Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 06:48:48 PM

:    
Welcome to The Elders' Home Page.  New visitors please register here:  http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum to see full site.
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Counter-Strike---> Help
| | |-+  Harddrive
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Harddrive  ( 1931 )
MDK22
No Job, No Money, No Car
TE Senior Member
Forum Pro

: 499

AOL Instant Messenger - Uberarchangel
« #15 : October 28, 2005, 11:17:22 AM »

Wow a dell comp without a floppy drive. Well anyway i would say u pretty well screwed over. But its ok as long as you have a comp with a floppy drive ur bro can always take it out temporarly and use it in the dell then put it back when he is done.

Spikeroo

« #16 : October 28, 2005, 02:23:23 PM »

Did the hard drive show up in the Bios?

My uncle dropped his pc of last night with an "operating system not found" error.  I went into BIOS and it kept rebooting before I could browse around much.  I replaced his power supply about 4 months ago - so I figured maybe I'll try another supply and see what happens.  I booted the pc with a known good (and powerful) supply and the same message came up (no os).  I rebooted again but entered the Bios setup this time.  I checked the boot order and moved the hard drive to the top ("removable drives" was at top).  After rebooting, the PC started windows xp with no problem.  I reconnected the old supply and the pc again booted fine.  I replaced the bios battery and gave it back to him and haven't heard any complaints yet.  Sometimes if the Bios battery is dying strange things can happen.  I didn't test the battery.  Just some thoughts for ya.

:mrgreen:
Wolvey
Forum Enthusiast

: 104

I know The Elders Rules me!

AOL Instant Messenger - Wolves139
« #17 : October 30, 2005, 12:42:10 PM »

My Dad is gonna be comin down to my college either this friday or next friday, and my brother said he would have my cpu fixed by then, so I believe i will be able to resume my abilities of Source playing

Sorry about not being so active recently, well, the cpu being broken hasnt helped

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #18 : November 03, 2005, 11:44:58 AM »

Hopefully we'll see you back soon...and at practice  :-D no pressure *cough* *MDK* *cough*

: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: