Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 10:53:06 AM

:    
Want to join us in Vent? Ask an admin for info while in game or PM them here on the forums!
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Counter-Strike---> Help
| | |-+  Valve srcews the pooch
« previous next »
: [1]
: Valve srcews the pooch  ( 1314 )
Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« : September 25, 2005, 03:26:12 PM »

Thats right, you heard me...Valve srcewed the pooch. The last update has completly prevented me from playing due to fps, lag and sound issues. Wish these guys would test their updates before sprigning them on players with working games. Hopefully they will realize their "optimizations" have screwed 90% of the people who play. The majority of players I've talked to have one or more of these problems...if you dont consider yourself lucky.

Wolvey
Forum Enthusiast

: 104

I know The Elders Rules me!

AOL Instant Messenger - Wolves139
« #1 : September 26, 2005, 09:22:16 AM »

yea, hopefully they will update soon.....please............ :crybaby:

Cole

« #2 : September 26, 2005, 09:42:10 AM »

it plays great for me, but my video card isn't that old :P

However, they also changed thier netcode.  They must have.  When ever I connect, i ping 700+.  I have to spam the refresh button on the find servers dialog box while still in the game in order for it to come back down.  After that, it seems like I have great registration so it seems.  Someone mentioned to me that it might have something to do with my router...perhaps there is a different port that I need to open now or something.  I'm too lazy/busy to dredge the steampowered forums for info...
hammertime
OBSESSED

: 981

who does that? seriously

« #3 : September 26, 2005, 10:00:14 AM »

yep, similar problems, although not bad enough to make it unplayable. Last night half the guys were warping and impossible to hit. :headbang:

Spikeroo

« #4 : September 26, 2005, 06:41:56 PM »

I say we all break out our P1's with 16MB Vid cards, run the stress tests, then submit our results to Valve.  Maybe they'd make some software that runs decently on the majority of peoples shit.

:mrgreen:
xTc the NJ GUIDO
Godlike

: 1875

AOL Instant Messenger - xTcr0x0r
« #5 : September 27, 2005, 07:46:31 AM »

I thought I just had no memory on my comp, but its really those mother fuckers at valve. I was getting really low fps when i came into the server

Paladin_Godfather
Inactive
Godlike

: 1565

Life's short.... Stunt it

AOL Instant Messenger - darkarmy258
« #6 : September 27, 2005, 08:48:57 PM »

is there still problems, cause the last few times i;ve tried to play CS:S its been hella choppy

Can you dig it, SUCKA?!

Never! Damn the broccoli, Damn you, and Damn the Wright brothers!!
Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

« #7 : September 28, 2005, 12:31:49 AM »

Mekstar posted a link to something that helped me with framerates..it goes a sfollows

Open Steam(bastards) and click on play games.
right click on CS:S and goto properties
click launch options and type in -dxlevel 80

this did it for me...although I still have yet to figure out how to get my server lists back to norman (bastards)

Cole

« #8 : September 28, 2005, 06:04:50 AM »

I say we all break out our P1's with 16MB Vid cards, run the stress tests, then submit our results to Valve. Maybe they'd make some software that runs decently on the majority of peoples shit.

:mrgreen:

I have a p1 laptop.  I love the laptops.  I have a p1, a p2, an amd 64 and two p-m sonoma's.  wewt!  i also have three desktops.

one p1 60 mhz in pieces, one 800 mhz celeron, and a 766 mhz piii... hahaha all crap!  i should run source of all of them and submit to valve.  then we'd have CSS sprite based 2d...
Paladin_Godfather
Inactive
Godlike

: 1565

Life's short.... Stunt it

AOL Instant Messenger - darkarmy258
« #9 : September 28, 2005, 08:39:39 AM »

dont turn this into SPAM!! lol

i just wanna know if Smurf's idea is the only way to go

Can you dig it, SUCKA?!

Never! Damn the broccoli, Damn you, and Damn the Wright brothers!!
Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

« #10 : September 28, 2005, 03:24:37 PM »

Paladin, its the only thing that worked for me so far...although I think the necode has been tweaked i.e. screwed as I still have random crashes when switching maps.

: [1]  
« previous next »
: