Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 09:20:08 AM

:    
Interested in joining The Elders?  Post all your information in our forums http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Counter-Strike---> Help
| | |-+  two routers
« previous next »
: [1]
: two routers  ( 765 )
WolbEm

« : September 17, 2005, 11:34:21 AM »

I have 2 routers, a wireless @ 192.168.1.1 and a phone router at 192.168.15.1  Cable modem is hooked to the phone router, and I have a patch cable running from one of its ports to the in port of the wireless.  The wireless is for the kids comp and my laptop, the phone runs my CS machine and the phone. Internet works fine on all.  I cant ping / get to the admin of the wireless or lan with the kids comp from my main, without having to change the cables.  Nor can I play CS when plugged into the wirless.  I think I need to open up a port or something, can anyone help?
Cole

« #1 : September 19, 2005, 03:07:34 AM »

Give the wireless router a static ip address in the first route so you're always sure of the addy.  You should be able to connect to it, if you can't, then the first router probably has ports closed off.  Log into the first router and enable port forwarding for the sencond router's IP addy.  The you should be all set, at least I think so..lol.  gl man.
nemesis
Administrator
Forum Freak

: 264

AOL Instant Messenger - atf+redrum
« #2 : September 19, 2005, 08:35:04 AM »

Well if I understand what you are talking about. If your PC is connected to the phone router and your phone router is connecting to to the wireless, you are going from a port from the phone router to the WAN port of the wireless router, so that would mean that your PC is out side the network. for you to get to the admin of the wireless router from your pc you would have to enable remote admin form wireless and then go to your browser and type the address of the wan port. EX: http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8080. You might not be able to play CS from the inside wireless router because of a configuration between your phone router and wireless router. I would need to know more . If you need more help pm and i will give you my cell #.

nem-e-sis n. pl. nem-e-ses (-sz)
1. The goddess of retibutive justice.
2. An opponent the cannot be beaten or overcome
: [1]  
« previous next »
: