Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 19, 2024, 10:21:47 AM

:    
Want to join us in Vent? Ask an admin for info while in game or PM them here on the forums!
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Server Forum
| |-+  CS:S Gun Game Server (72.5.152.47)
| | |-+  GunGame addons
« previous next »
: [1]
: GunGame addons  ( 1148 )
crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1570

It's not "CrazyDog" or "Crazy Dog", idiots.

AOL Instant Messenger - Crazydog445
« : September 02, 2010, 06:36:42 PM »

First of all, I'm going to put these addon right now:
Join message - Displays a message showing the joining player's name and rank (if ranked)
GG Scoreboard - Changes the player's kills to their current GG level.
Buy Level - Lets players buy levels ($16k/level)
Winner Display - Displays a MOTD with the winner's info.

Secondly I want some opinions on this addon:
http://forums.gungame5.com/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=1294
The only thing that counts in GunGame is who gets the kill to level up. Don't you hate it when you do 98 damage to one of your enemies and some lucky teammate who has been cowering behind you cracks off the final shot to steal your kill? Welcome to GunGame Assist - where you now earn assist points for the damage you have done which can be redeemed for a level once you reach 100 assist points. The points are awarded as a percentile of the damage that you have done. You can hoard the points and redeem them for a last minute takeover, or redeem them on that really annoying level that you hate them most. With GG Assist, your kills are always rewarded.

In Addition:
Players are only rewarded assist points for damage done to players that they did not kill.
If a player does not die and the round ends, assist points will not be rewarded.
You lose assist points on map change.
To redeem points, or view how many points you have, type !assist in chat.
Multi-language support is included, but I need translations for languages other than English.
To redeem points without entering the !assist menu, type !redeem in chat. (new in 1.3)

WidowMaker
Supreme Master
Administrator
Godlike

: 1622

AOL Instant Messenger - craygo69
« #1 : September 02, 2010, 07:13:31 PM »

I would rather have the assist plugin than the buy level. Buy level requires no skill and everyone has 16K cause you don't have to buy anything. Actually I would not put on the buy level even if we don't put on the assist.

My 2 cents anyway. Actually my opinion is worth somewhere around 98/100 LOL

Widow

crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

« #2 : September 03, 2010, 02:34:43 PM »

I'm up for that. It's just that I think Crossis had his heart set on buylevel, and I've been listening to him for most of the GG stuff so far. :P

Fraggle79
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 209

« #3 : September 04, 2010, 12:13:24 PM »

I like the idea of assist points, I think we may have even had them before. I just don't
like that you have to do something to redeem them, it's retarded. Im not playing an RPG.
Crossis
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 212

« #4 : September 07, 2010, 02:55:23 PM »

Is there a way to set a threshold?

Like you have to do at least 40hp dmg to that target to be awarded assist points at all?

Seems kind of dumb if you just do 13 dmg to a horde of enemies and you get a level for it.

crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

« #5 : September 07, 2010, 03:50:49 PM »

Well, you won't get a level just for 13 damage. Right now, you'd need to do 1000 damage (that doesn't result in you getting a kill!) to be able to spend your assist points.

We can also change it so that you only get points for stolen kills (i.e. you don't get points if you die before the guy you did damage to dies), but as it is right now, it takes FOREVER to get 100 points. It's balanced really well, in the way that you only really would ever get 100 points if you get stuck on some weapon and can't get a kill, since you only get points when you do damage but don't get a kill.
« : September 07, 2010, 03:52:25 PM crazydog »

Crossis
TE Members
Forum Freak

« #6 : September 07, 2010, 06:59:36 PM »

Tried it out today. Definitely interesting. I would up the contribution rate to 20% from 10%. I made it to nade level multiple times without surpassing 60-70 assist points. On a side note, how do you access the menu or command or whatever you need to do to "buy the level" with your assist points?

Also, I'm still going to push for random gun order. Joining a game in progress late with standard or reverse order sucks =)

crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

« #7 : September 07, 2010, 07:45:44 PM »

!assist will bring up a menu that shows how many points you have and a button to spend them
!redeem simply redeems them.

I'll be adding advertisements with this and other info (bans) soon.

I don't think random gun order is so necessary since I set it so that when you join you are put on the average level.

Crossis
TE Members
Forum Freak

« #8 : September 08, 2010, 11:50:45 AM »

While it's still the average level, there usually isn't a normal distribution of levels among the players of the server.

What I mean by this is you usually have 30% of the players in the super high levels and about 40% of the other players in the super low level range and then the last 30% evenly distributed across the rest of the levels in-between.

What this leads to is a lower average level and then like the other lower players you end up getting dominated by the other players who are doing well until they all end up on nade/knife level.

Versus random order, it really doesn't matter where people are at.

Fraggle79
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 209

« #9 : September 08, 2010, 04:24:11 PM »

I say we try a week of each to how it works out for our server. 1 week random, and 1 week, reverse.
Holy Shit
TE Members
Forum All-Star

: 390

Growing old is Manditory, Growing up is optional

AOL Instant Messenger - uweholyshot
« #10 : September 09, 2010, 03:50:08 PM »

I like random levels haven't really given reverse a try yet I would like to give it a try lol... I like the assist points plug in... Not sure about the buylevel... Sorry I'm a little behind lol
: [1]  
« previous next »
: