Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 10:12:28 PM

:    
Interested in joining The Elders?  Post all your information in our forums http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Server Forum
| |-+  Team Fortress 2 Pub (72.5.152.147) (Moderators: SConforti, Smurfette)
| | |-+  Planned Events?
« previous next »
: [1]
: Planned Events?  ( 458 )
the holy goat
Noob

: 4

« : February 25, 2008, 01:08:39 PM »

Does The Elders ever hold planned events?   Not really talking about Lan parties, but more or less like public events. 

A few years ago, I was a regular over at ECGN's BF:Vietnam server and they would hold an event called "Regulars Night"... Usually a Friday night, starting at whatever time.   

Basically, it consisted of a mix of the gaming group's members as well as a few individuals who frequented the server often enough to be known by the group's members.   

The announcement for the event would be posted in their forums and as a member or an outsider, you would sign up to lock your position in place for the event, just so there is an actual head count.   Obviously memebers first, then a few others sprinkled in.   Server and Teamspeak passwords would be posted on the forums as well.  The event would last for as long as the admin would set it too..perhaps one full rotation of maps or a set time limit.   

It made for some great times as well as getting to know some pubbers who understood, obeyed and enjoy the server rules, etc.   

Not sure if you guys have ever done something like this in the past, but personally speaking, I think this would be a pretty cool idea.   Worked well over at ECGN and going by some of the guys that I have "met" on TE server, don't see why it wouldn't work here either.   

Just a thought for discussion. 

Baaaaa!

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #1 : February 25, 2008, 02:18:31 PM »

We have what we call  Top 150 night on the GG server and have thought about doing something similar for TF2.

: [1]  
« previous next »
: