Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 11:25:33 PM

:    
Welcome to The Elders' Home Page.  New visitors please register here:  http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum to see full site.
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Counter-Strike---> Help
| | |-+  Hmm very strange problem
« previous next »
: [1] 2
: Hmm very strange problem  ( 1561 )
hammertime
OBSESSED

: 981

who does that? seriously

« : June 24, 2005, 07:27:32 PM »

Let me see if I can explain this. Sometimes, during CS...my mouse and keys will lock up. So what happens is, I'll be running forward, and then I'll try to strafe, but I'll keep running forward even though I'm not longer pressing the button. Mouselook also stops working...so I keep moving and looking in the same direction for about 2-3 secs, then it returns to normal. Anyone have any idea what this could possibly be? It only happens in CS, it happens randomly, and is quite annoying.

xTc the NJ GUIDO
Godlike

: 1875

AOL Instant Messenger - xTcr0x0r
« #1 : June 24, 2005, 09:43:26 PM »

reinstall source. I know it will be a bitch, but just try it.

TyDiRiUm
Inactive
Godlike

: 2255

Respect is Everything!

AOL Instant Messenger - MrChickMagnet69
« #2 : June 24, 2005, 10:41:31 PM »

U sure theres no other way to try and fix it FIRST b4 doing a re-install? :? Maybe its just momentary lag? How often will it happen? :?

"Respect is everything."
Privateer

« #3 : June 24, 2005, 11:30:57 PM »

im having similar problems, but only on the mouse end... i threw my mouse against the wall and ordered a new one on ebay

Problem solved for me
HongKongPhooey

« #4 : June 25, 2005, 07:05:46 AM »

i have the same problem sometimes when i try moving or turning left.  i keep on going in that direction even though my finger is no longer on the key.  i thought it was a keyboard issue but by reading the above, maybe not.
TyDiRiUm
Inactive
Godlike

Respect is Everything!

« #5 : June 25, 2005, 10:22:36 AM »

I don't have THAT problem, but sometimes when I'm playin a game like CS or trying to listen to my Itunes, the sound starts to stutter and ruins whatever sounds are comin out of my speakers. :angelfire: It normally lasts like 20-30 minutes which sucks, and then just somehow disappears and the sound is back to normal...WTF? :? :x :thebirdman:

"Respect is everything."
hammertime
OBSESSED

who does that? seriously

« #6 : June 25, 2005, 11:26:55 AM »

It doesn't happen often enough for me to want to reinstall Source...and it just started happening within the past 2 weeks or so. The fact that it only occurs in CS leads me to think that it's a software problem...but I have no idea how to go about fixing it except re-installing everything, which I really don't want to do.

TyDiRiUm
Inactive
Godlike

Respect is Everything!

« #7 : June 25, 2005, 06:58:55 PM »

I hear ya bro, I wouldn't want to either. :| Maybe we can get more opinions from our Elder friends here to see if they know of a solution or rather a reason as to why its happening... Just post here once in a while until all our comp experts can read it... :lol: 8-) :headbang1:

"Respect is everything."
hammertime
OBSESSED

who does that? seriously

« #8 : June 28, 2005, 12:10:18 AM »

I figured out what the problem is: Ventrilio. Whenever I have it running, I get the temp lockups. Without it on, everything is smooth a silk. Strange, eh? No idea how to go about fixing it though.

Privateer

« #9 : June 28, 2005, 05:37:21 AM »

i got a solution, don't fix it and keep using it, so therefore i can keep killing you and laughing at you at the same time!  Don't even use that as an excuse of me killing you multi, MULTI times okay hammer
HongKongPhooey

« #10 : June 28, 2005, 06:53:42 AM »

Wierd.  I'll have to see if that's the case with me also.
hammertime
OBSESSED

who does that? seriously

« #11 : June 28, 2005, 08:55:21 AM »

Hong, in your case it might actually be the keyboard...it seems like its only one key for you. Does your mouselook lock up as well?

WidowMaker
Supreme Master
Administrator
Godlike

: 1622

AOL Instant Messenger - craygo69
« #12 : June 28, 2005, 12:55:24 PM »

try seting the sound devices to the sound card rather than the default devices. I is a dropdown menu on alot of the setup screens. Might help smooth things out.

TyDiRiUm
Inactive
Godlike

Respect is Everything!

« #13 : June 28, 2005, 01:06:27 PM »

I need to get my problem fixed, but I think I have already. Theres no cooling fan built in with my comp and really no slot to put it in when I ordered my PC from Dell. Right now I just took the side panel off of my door to let air in and my sound stuttering problems aren't as bad anymore or rather just don't last as long. 8-)

"Respect is everything."
hammertime
OBSESSED

who does that? seriously

« #14 : June 28, 2005, 07:29:02 PM »

Widow, I tired what you said...it seemed to work for a little while, but whenever someone joins/leaves the server or the channel my CS goes apeshit and I lag out to all hell. It's annoying as fuck and it pretty much prevents me from using vent and playing CS at the same time.

: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: