Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 04:20:34 AM

:    
Interested in joining The Elders?  Post all your information in our forums http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Website Feedback
| | |-+  mac os x...?
« previous next »
: [1]
: mac os x...?  ( 1578 )
badbrains
Noob

: 15

I know The Elders Rules me!

« : July 15, 2007, 12:52:46 AM »

i was having trouble opening this site on my powerbook, anybody know a fix for this?
BLITZ
Forum Enthusiast

: 174

Never Fear, Blitzy is Here!

AOL Instant Messenger - raptormn35m Yahoo Instant Messenger - raptormn35m
« #1 : July 15, 2007, 08:59:20 AM »

I have a Macbook and I dont have any troubles opening our forums.
LaxMan
OBSESSED

: 838

« #2 : July 20, 2007, 01:56:45 AM »

mac os x...?

well shit theres your problem right there

snyper133
Inactive
Forum All-Star

: 343

Make sure you get your whole head in front of.....

AOL Instant Messenger - Backswimmer13
« #3 : October 17, 2007, 10:44:25 AM »

Well Lax that is why Windows is trying to be like Mac OS X.

I used to be an Apple Certified technician. I can try to help you over the forums.

Snyper

LaxMan
OBSESSED

« #4 : October 17, 2007, 10:59:00 AM »

lol, you know i think the last time i saw a mac was 4 years ago. With all the issues i keep having with my comp this past year i can say i have considered maybe, just maybe pickin up a mac and playin with it

Farside
Forum Member

: 75

I wanna know whos cup this is!

« #5 : October 18, 2007, 08:30:32 PM »

Is windows copying off of Apple? Is Apple copying off Windows? In a sense they both are copying off each others ideas. Does Xerox get any credit for any of their accomplishments? No. First GUI(Graphical User Interface) was created by the stupid paper company. Therefore, in any attempt to create a system where one copies off of the other and one company leaving in the others foot steps--- well the thing is... An operating system is just an operating system. I see absolutely NOTHING that is like Apple on Vista's prospective only that they have "Gadgets" and Apple has "Widgets". I've been using my new Linux OS (Mandriva 2008) for 15 minutes and I'm kissing both OS's goodbye =)

"I really have nothing important to say." - Streetballer 10.8.07
LaxMan
OBSESSED

« #6 : October 18, 2007, 08:50:28 PM »

I tried using knoppix for about 4 months last semester and have to say i still prefer windows. Dunno if its cause i grew up with it or if windows aero is nice and shiny

wonder.
Shmotz's Biotch
Godlike

: 4349

Baller

MSN Messenger - JMess_22@hotmail.com
« #7 : October 18, 2007, 09:16:18 PM »

I tried using knoppix for about 4 months last semester and have to say i still prefer windows. Dunno if its cause i grew up with it or if windows aero is nice and shiny

oooo, shinny....   :-o

I prefer windows.  I just like the setup and feel more comftorable with it.  I had a mac years ago, and had them for school too.  Just like the PC more.  Mac is good for more art and creative type stuff, but ill stick with windows. 

0G ~ \/\/0ND3RBRE@D

<TE|EasyJ> Death u left ur anal beads on the floor in my bathroom
snyper133
Inactive
Forum All-Star

: 343

Make sure you get your whole head in front of.....

AOL Instant Messenger - Backswimmer13
« #8 : October 22, 2007, 10:50:23 AM »

Farside that is probably the most intelligent thing I've heard you say.

You're absolutely correct about the history, however if you look at the style of the interfaces and how the security works with Mac OS X, you can see the Vista is Microsoft's attempt to bridge the gap. The reason a lot of people hate Vista is because they do not like the new security features in it because it does a better job locking down the computer but it's no Linux or Unix.

If you also look at the programs that come "standard" on them 'Windows Mail,' 'Windows Movie Maker,' 'Windows Photo Gallery,' 'Instant Search,' or 'Windows Flip 3D,' 'Windows DVD,' (not sure about the name of that program but that sounds correct) are all programs that have been in Mac OSX for years.

To be honest the only reason I have a Windows based machine is gaming. There still is no better OS to run any game I want.

Straight out of the box though I would prefer Mac OSX because the interface is a lot simpler to navigate but also because it's core is Open BSD. (Uses less resources then Windows could ever dream of.)

P.S. I didn't talk about Linux because it's the best.

Farside
Forum Member

: 75

I wanna know whos cup this is!

« #9 : October 22, 2007, 12:00:14 PM »

Linux definitely is the best =)
Windows definitely is trying to reach out towards the developmental crowd like Mac is. The problem with windows, as you said, is the horrible security issues that we all have faced. Mac has their own security issues as well, but nevertheless can be solved.

Vista is a piece of garbage that should have never touch rubber with the market. I just can't stand having a new piece of software come out that I want to try... 5 years after it came out.

"I really have nothing important to say." - Streetballer 10.8.07
AntiHero
Forum Enthusiast

: 137

Bodyguard

MSN Messenger - sk8er_craig@hotmail.com
« #10 : January 09, 2008, 01:23:45 PM »

mac os x...?

well shit theres your problem right there
Linux Ubuntu! amirite?
http://www.linux.org/

I saw it die, i watched it die.
Video_Master
Inactive
Godlike

: 1378

MSN Messenger - david_ulbrich@hotmail.com AOL Instant Messenger - my69ponycar
« #11 : January 09, 2008, 01:39:55 PM »

You are bringing back old topics again.

AntiHero
Forum Enthusiast

: 137

Bodyguard

MSN Messenger - sk8er_craig@hotmail.com
« #12 : January 11, 2008, 12:29:42 PM »

Video, seriously, i never seen this topic before, and i mark EVERYTHING as read before i go into a forum site...my account marks everything as read that i either A) do not want to read or B) just as soon as i login for the first time, i mark EVERYTHING as already read. To ensure that i don't bring up old topics, if that's not working, then guess what? The site isn't holding that information. Plus i check new posts since my last visit only unless i have something to make a thread on.

I saw it die, i watched it die.
Video_Master
Inactive
Godlike

: 1378

MSN Messenger - david_ulbrich@hotmail.com AOL Instant Messenger - my69ponycar
« #13 : January 11, 2008, 12:43:54 PM »

You need to look at the date of the last post.  That is how you can tell how old it is.

wonder.
Shmotz's Biotch
Godlike

: 4349

Baller

MSN Messenger - JMess_22@hotmail.com
« #14 : January 11, 2008, 02:50:59 PM »

Ill fill you in, it was october 22.  Thats an old topic, and u didn't really say anything useful.  Please look at the dates on some topics. 

0G ~ \/\/0ND3RBRE@D

<TE|EasyJ> Death u left ur anal beads on the floor in my bathroom
: [1]  
« previous next »
: