Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 06:01:43 PM

:    
Welcome to The Elders' Home Page.  New visitors please register here:  http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum to see full site.
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Pc Help/Tweak Page (Moderator: snyper133)
| | |-+  need help with logitech G5
« previous next »
: [1]
: need help with logitech G5  ( 592 )
Rally Pig
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 213

AOL Instant Messenger - Evel+knievel31
« : October 26, 2008, 08:46:45 PM »

Im sure a few have a Logitech G5 mouse, this is a known problem and i was wondering if anyone here had a fix....i leave my mouse sensitivity at about the middle setting. sometimes i tend to forget to put an away message up on AIM, and when i get a message it will automatically close the game window, when i alt tab back in and hit mouse button 4 (the front one) it automatically drops the sensitivity to the lowest, but when i hit the sensitivity up it goes up on spot then i have to push down twice then up to get back up to highest setting which ends up being what the middle setting should be.

the set point software is up to date, and if i uncheck the auto detect for games in set point it just seems a tad slower than norm  :dontknow: :crybaby::headbang:

wow my upload sucks

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #1 : October 26, 2008, 08:50:45 PM »

Simple solution: stop using AIM.

Video_Master
Inactive
Godlike

: 1378

MSN Messenger - david_ulbrich@hotmail.com AOL Instant Messenger - my69ponycar
« #2 : October 27, 2008, 07:10:11 AM »

set AIM to not bring the message to the front.  It is the game acting up with the mouse software when you ALT+TAB.  Stop alt tabbing and you will be fine.  Maybe set it up to play in a borderless window like I do and you will have no issues with this.

Rally Pig
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 213

AOL Instant Messenger - Evel+knievel31
« #3 : October 27, 2008, 02:31:54 PM »

i try to alt tab as little as possible (this is why i ask sometimes for someone to switch me in vent from css to tf2 or other way) i started playing trial and error in set point last night with some settings and tried it out briefly in tf2 (maybe 2 min) and i have seemed to have figured it...i hope...i ended up putting the cursor speed all the way up and under mouse game settings everything is unchecked....hopefully this is a permanent fix:

This is what i changed everything in advanced settings (dpi and so on) is still default

wow my upload sucks

: [1]  
« previous next »
: