Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 12:17:11 PM

:    
Welcome to The Elders' Home Page.  New visitors please register here:  http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum to see full site.
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Server Forum
| |-+  Team Fortress 2 Pub (72.5.152.147) (Moderators: SConforti, Smurfette)
| | |-+  Allow everyone to have all hats and weapons on our server
« previous next »
: Do we want to do this so everyone can be equal on our server
Yes
No (Post Why)

: [1] 2
: Allow everyone to have all hats and weapons on our server  ( 1517 )
Video_Master
Inactive
Godlike

: 1378

MSN Messenger - david_ulbrich@hotmail.com AOL Instant Messenger - my69ponycar
« : September 09, 2009, 11:20:59 AM »

There is a plugin that allows us to give everyone all the hats and all the unlockable weapons only while they are on our server.  This is becoming a very popular plugin on other servers cause it evens out the playing field for everyone.  What do you think, should we put this on to try it out and then you can have all the hats and weapons?

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=98651

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #1 : September 09, 2009, 12:05:52 PM »

I think it's easy enough to get weapons through random drops and normal play so I don't think this is really necessary. The hats, meh, if I don't have them I don't want to be teased by the prospect of wearing them only while here. I personally think it will make things a little to campy/silly.

Baltika (#9)
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 272

« #2 : September 09, 2009, 01:11:13 PM »

i voted no, but would change my vote to yes, if:
we just enable all the weapons and we're really nice to the noobs that it brings in (if advertised)

it is kind of silly that new players don't have access to the Blaut./FaN/C&D/etc. until they find them or achieve them, and it could affect game play for them.

if I get a hat, by god, i want you to know about it, and I don't want every tom, dick and smurfette running around with one that they have on our server.  and since they don't affect game play...i think that players are "even" without them.

Smurfette
Forum Slut

: 691

Watch out! I'm armed!

« #3 : September 09, 2009, 01:32:48 PM »

if I get a hat, by god, i want you to know about it, and I don't want every tom, dick and smurfette running around with one that they have on our server.  and since they don't affect game play...i think that players are "even" without them.

ROFL Baltika!  That was a good one.

Well, I have mixed feelings on this.  I can't really vote yes or no.  Yes, I would love to have a hat!  As many darn hrs as I have into this game I think I deserve one!  But apparently Valve does not agree!  Since I only play here on our server, it would be nice to have a plug in that allows me to wear what hats I want when I am playing different classes.  However, I also want to "strut my stuff" if I ever do get one for real!

As for the weapons, I don't really care one way or another about it cause I have already earned my weapons!  However, as Baltika noted, noobs who do not have all the weapons may have a disadvantage or advantage depending how you look at it.  They come in our server and play, they have all the weapons and get to know how to use them.  This may improve their game play.  Then they go somewhere else where they do not have these weapons, and they suck.  Or, they think they can come here and play just cause they automatically get all the weapons, and they do not try to actually "play the game" and earn the weapons as ppl like me and the rest of us have worked hard to do.  I think it is an accomplishment to earn the weapons the hard way so to speak.  It made me feel good when I get those achievements and then a weapon when I was a noob!  I think everyone should have to work at it the proper way and not cheat to get them.  I mean, maybe for a fun night (which we still have yet to iron out the details to) we could equip something like this for anyone new who is on the server with us just to have fun, and make it more fair since we will be equipping abilities not normally equipped. 

So, I'm not going to place a vote either way on this, since I have mixed feelings.  I could go either way, but mainly just cause I WANT A DAMN HAT!!  But, again, I want to flaunt it when I really do earn one (like thats ever going to happen!  The hat is a lie!)

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

« #4 : September 09, 2009, 02:04:26 PM »

Yeah, although I voted no, I agree this would be perfect for the "fun night".

Giant Flying Head
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1199

Giant Donkey

MSN Messenger - ryoga81@hotmail.com
« #5 : September 09, 2009, 03:38:32 PM »

I can't help but feel that having all the hats would loose the mystierousness of them. I voted no.

"Feel the wrath of my giant head" - Elmer Fud
SConforti
Forum Pro

: 439

AOL Instant Messenger - sconforti1982
« #6 : September 09, 2009, 03:55:44 PM »

I know its just a plug in...but I feel as if it is cheating and makes it no fun to play the game to unlock stuff.

Luggage
TE Members
Forum All-Star

: 397

Just a normal homicidal piece of sapient pearwood

« #7 : September 09, 2009, 04:49:47 PM »

voted "no"

weapons are easy to get as others noted
on hats, i honestly couldn't care less about them; but for those who do care, I agree with opinions already stated that giving them to all takes away all the charm of having one (for those who do have them, anyway).

DiscoStan
TE Members
Forum Member

: 95

« #8 : September 09, 2009, 06:20:03 PM »

I hate most of the unlockable weapons, so it doesn't really matter to me if people have them or not. :)

As for letting people have the hats... I'll let Valve speak on this one:

Throughout history, men have worn hats as a way of showing how much better they are than other men. “I buy hats,” a behatted man seems to say. “I am better than you.”

Believe me, once I get my hat i will wear it all the time and rub it in the faces of the hatless.
Giant Flying Head
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1199

Giant Donkey

MSN Messenger - ryoga81@hotmail.com
« #9 : September 09, 2009, 07:54:28 PM »

Plus, I just got a hat tonight and I was SO happy. I don't think it would be the same with the plugin.

"Feel the wrath of my giant head" - Elmer Fud
LTK
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 229

« #10 : September 15, 2009, 05:43:17 PM »

I am expressing agreement with those who feel this plugin detracts from what makes TF2 what it is. However, I would support this plugin for our fun night.

Rally Pig
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 213

AOL Instant Messenger - Evel+knievel31
« #11 : September 16, 2009, 02:53:36 PM »

everyone wants hats...but if you have one it makes it more personal instead of everyone having one....at the same time, MOST people have all the weapons already

wow my upload sucks

Juggernuke
Forum Member

: 84

« #12 : September 16, 2009, 11:21:18 PM »

I am going to have to go with no not for the weapons, like hitman said they are easy enough to get. Yet the hats I think make the person look personal and I don't want everyone to be wearing the same hat I like there only being one or two people having the same hat on at a time. (Damn you video and your scouts beer hat) :-D

Mustard
TE Members
Forum All-Star

: 340

« #13 : September 20, 2009, 05:30:09 PM »

Hats are a great way of saying "I'm randomly and inconsistantly better than you."

TE-r | JuggerNuke: i am just thinking into an endless blackhole now

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

« #14 : September 21, 2009, 02:17:01 PM »

Hats are a great way of saying "I'm randomly and inconsistantly better than you."

ROFL

: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: