Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 07:19:03 PM

:    
Want to join us in Vent? Ask an admin for info while in game or PM them here on the forums!
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Pc Help/Tweak Page (Moderator: snyper133)
| | |-+  x64 processor with... 32 bit windows? or 64 bit?
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: x64 processor with... 32 bit windows? or 64 bit?  ( 1810 )
Video_Master
Inactive
Godlike

: 1378

MSN Messenger - david_ulbrich@hotmail.com AOL Instant Messenger - my69ponycar
« #15 : July 15, 2008, 10:30:51 PM »

you should have just bought parts and built it yourself.

addrockk
Noob

: 20

You're never too young to be a dirty old man.

AOL Instant Messenger - AddrocKK
« #16 : July 16, 2008, 06:17:33 PM »

I put vista ultimate x64 on my machine at work and had a bit of trouble with my nvidia card with it. I'm running a quadro card there(quadro nvs 440), so its a different driver than the geforce chips, but the 64 bit driver would freeze the pc every 10 seconds for a fraction of a second. even replaced the card (had a 1x card, replaced with a x16 card).

did the same exact thing with the x64 linux drivers, but the 32 bit (on both win and linux) didn't do it.

if you ever plan on putting more than 3 gigs of mem in a box though, you'll want a 64 bit os. with a fat vid card (512M or higher) you're gonna lose that from your available memory map (plus some memory for other devices that need their memory mapped). dual cards mean even more mem lost.

PAE would be a way around it, but 32 bit windows doesn't support PAE correctly (even in server OS's).

unless the games or programs you want to run are written for 64 bit you're not going to see any benefit from them, but you will see a benefit on your over-bloated Vista OS.  :puke:

TE | Hypo
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 266

Your Moms <3 me

Yahoo Instant Messenger - Hypocrisy71
« #17 : July 18, 2008, 02:09:34 PM »

so I left CSS out on 1440x900 with decent mid graphics and cranked my DODS settings back one notch and the magenta went away, and I got some decent kills on a flooded server, so I'm adjusting well. 

of course I went on the GG server after getting blasted in DODS and pwnt a lot of new blood on there.  it was hysterical...

AND EARL WAS THERE!!!!!!!!!!!  GO SUEDE BABY!!!!

the word of the day was what... buttmonkeys? scarfmonkeys? scarfers?  dammit earl!

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, thank one for it.
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: