Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 09:17:11 PM

:    
Interested in joining The Elders?  Post all your information in our forums http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Server Forum
| |-+  CS:S Gun Game Server (72.5.152.47)
| | |-+  GG Bugs
« previous next »
: [1]
: GG Bugs  ( 1141 )
RaGe
TE Senior Member
Forum Pro

: 476

« : August 18, 2006, 08:41:01 PM »

Just thought it would be a good idea to have a GG bugs thread. That way when we discover issues maybe widow or someone can look at the mod and fix it. Or even report it to 4hm. First bug i found everyone knows...

1. Triple level does not always work. Sometimes you get two levels, sometimes 3 and sometimes none. Its inconsistant. Also I think if you knife 5 ppl you should get 5 levels. One for every knife kill after your initial level kill.

2. Late game join bug. You can join the game pretty late in the game and usually you spawn without a gun. You spawn in and the opposite team is already on top of you and you dont even have a gun to defend urself. Also, its an easy knife for someone quick enough to stab you when you first spawn.

3. Just discovered this one about 5 minutes ago. If you win the GG by getting the knife and if in the last 3 seconds you manage to get another knife in, you get 2 wins outa the one game. I was at 78 wins, I won on aim_shotty and got two quick knifes at the end. I jumped up to 80 wins. Also, if you win GG and then get knifed by someone, you win but you dont get it added to your total wins.

Can't think of anymore right now. if you guys can find more post them up so we can keep and eye out and possibly get them fixed.
Shmotz
Godlike

: 2910

Just a Badass

« #1 : August 19, 2006, 06:56:47 AM »

yea i brought up the triple level thing to widow last night also.
WidowMaker
Supreme Master
Administrator
Godlike

: 1622

AOL Instant Messenger - craygo69
« #2 : August 19, 2006, 10:36:59 PM »

I just updated the gun game server. hey have fixed alot of bugs, let's see what happens.
SORRY I OVERWROTE THE WIN FILE SO ALL THE WINS GOT RESET!!

sorry

Widow

wonder.
Shmotz's Biotch
Godlike

: 4349

Baller

MSN Messenger - JMess_22@hotmail.com
« #3 : August 19, 2006, 11:06:27 PM »

Widow how could u.  now ill never know that i have 2 wins.  uhhhhh.  lol. 

BUG:

no, but on the super fast update thing.  (lol) it doesn't allways give u the next gun, it will sometimes just give u a knife (widow knows)  then F**K*D.  lol

0G ~ \/\/0ND3RBRE@D

<TE|EasyJ> Death u left ur anal beads on the floor in my bathroom
roman
Noob

: 21

C.R.E.A.M.

« #4 : August 20, 2006, 03:53:13 PM »

SORRY I OVERWROTE THE WIN FILE SO ALL THE WINS GOT RESET!!

:'( atleast the bugs were fixed. good job widow

...my 20 wins  :crybaby:
RaGe
TE Senior Member
Forum Pro

: 476

« #5 : August 20, 2006, 05:08:56 PM »

he fixed it. happend to have a backup on of the txt file somewhere. I still have my 86 wins :)

Also, when you triple level, ur model skin changes to the opposite time. idk if its a bug or built it but its pretty crazy
pony slaystation

« #6 : September 16, 2006, 10:37:28 AM »

I noticed another thing, if you get a knife kill before you get a required gun kill for that level, you do not go up one level.

gun kill [then] knife kill = 2 levels
knife kill [then] gun kill = 1 level

Is that a feature or bug?
roman
Noob

: 21

C.R.E.A.M.

« #7 : September 16, 2006, 11:55:42 AM »

thats just how it is. no bug.

if u knife someone b4 u can get the pistol kill, ur only bet is to pick up the following gun or another knife kill.
wonder.
Shmotz's Biotch
Godlike

: 4349

Baller

MSN Messenger - JMess_22@hotmail.com
« #8 : September 16, 2006, 11:58:57 AM »

Yea because when u knife, it takes u off your gun and puts you on the next, there for ur gun is useless with getting levels.

0G ~ \/\/0ND3RBRE@D

<TE|EasyJ> Death u left ur anal beads on the floor in my bathroom
Dingo
Noob

: 13

« #9 : April 30, 2007, 03:09:03 PM »

well, since this topic was here I figured I'd use it... 

ARISE, O THREAD, COME FORTH FROM THE ETHEREAL MISTS AND BLESS US ONCE MORE WITH THY PRESENCE!!!

ok, dunno if this is limited to GG or not, but here's what happens:

Map ends, I hit "session" to see how many points I went up (or down, depending on who's playing...), then "next" to see how many points I need to get to the next rank - then I bring up my console and type disconnect, wait a few seconds, then type retry.  This clears out my "session" numbers so I can track map by map how I'm doing. 

Now, if I don't have the chance to do any or all of that, I wait until the next map loads then do it.  Here's the problem - if I join CT, T, or even SPEC, then disconnect/retry, and then rejoin a team EVEN SPEC AGAIN, it slays me saying I've played twice in the same round.  Doesn't matter what order - I tried SPEC mode, did my "session/next/disconnect/retry" then tried joining a team (I always ALWAYS auto), and it slays me.  Doesn't matter if it's during the warmup or already started, if I pick a team or spec then come back on, it slays me until the next round.  In fact, I've had as many as 3 autoslays for that until finally i disconnected and chose the server off the list to rejoin and waited until the round was finished to pick a team.

And this wouldn't matter, except I LOSE 20 POINTS EVERY TIME IT SLAYS ME!  I'm like, shit, wtf?! 

ok done ranting...

WidowMaker
Supreme Master
Administrator
Godlike

: 1622

AOL Instant Messenger - craygo69
« #10 : May 01, 2007, 07:28:03 AM »

Gonna have to live with it my friend. It is a protection so that people cannot start a map, die almost instantly then try to rejoin so they can try to get their kill again. Just gonna have to pay attention to how you do things. Besides, are you that much of a stat whore to track every fucking map you play on??!?!?!

Widow

Dingo
Noob

: 13

« #11 : May 03, 2007, 04:18:13 PM »

Gonna have to live with it my friend. It is a protection so that people cannot start a map, die almost instantly then try to rejoin so they can try to get their kill again. Just gonna have to pay attention to how you do things. Besides, are you that much of a stat whore to track every fucking map you play on??!?!?!

Widow

Yeah, I know why it does it - it's just a PITA, that's all hehe...

and yes.  As much as I hate to admit it, I have become a stat whore.  As much as I used to bag on stat whores, I am now that which I despised...  But not to the point I do the typical stat-whore crap.  I don't camp so I can get more points.  I don't leave the server when nobody with points is on (until it gets ridiculous, like -400 points for a 3:1 kill/death ratio).  I enjoy the game, but stats are something that spurs competition, right?  So I like to see if I went up or down on any given map.  If I went up, the next time I play the map I try and go up more.  Find new ways to get around the map and such.  If I go down, I know I need more experience on that particular map. 

but yeah.  I hate it, but I'm a stat whore  :-D

: [1]  
« previous next »
: