Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 10:07:23 PM

:    
Welcome to The Elders' Home Page.  New visitors please register here:  http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum to see full site.
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  New to the Community?
| | |-+  Yo
« previous next »
: [1]
: Yo  ( 1323 )
vyerous
Noob

: 9

That's Pro

AOL Instant Messenger - d1ckheaddav3333
Yo
« : May 12, 2008, 04:02:39 PM »

Well I just posted my application in the recruitment section. My game name is Vyerous and I am mostly a CS:S player. I got into battlefield 2 for a while and every now and then I will hit it up. I also play xbox live with call of duty 4, used to be a halo nut but mostly the first and second one. I used to be an operating room technician at a horse hospital but I quit that job and am taking most of the month of may off for my bday, two weddings, tonsils being taken out, just a overall busy month. I'm not a load who spends my life on my computer but I do make time for it, guilty. Although I am not getting paid for a job I do have another part time job as a volunteer firefighter emt. There I serve as a bucketman or officer in charge on the fire engine, or I am the officer in charge on the ambulance, I do this maybe 24-36 hours a week depending on how many shifts I pull. I just finished up 2 years at a community college and I am finishing out my bachelors in fire science online. My goal is to be a paid firefighter/medic by the end of next year, unfortunately it is a long process with polygraphs, physical tests and what not. I am not a druggie, I've been there, done that, not my scene I have too much riding on a clean record. I have a slight record but nothing serious and most of which was my druggie days as a juvenile. I do live at home, but I am only 20 and living is not cheap here. As I stated in my application The Elders is my favorite server and if I am playing it is usually in that server. I am into exotic and muscle cars, obviously into the fire service, girls, really open to music, used to be into paintball and played religiously on a sponsored am team, I also do photography as a side job along with digital editing/advertising, I'm good with photoshop. Anything else just ask, aim - d1ckheaddav3333. Peace.

THE Spaniard
Attention Whore

: 564

Arriba EspaƱa!!!

MSN Messenger - chusvincentusa@hotmail.com
« #1 : May 12, 2008, 06:42:33 PM »

welcome!!! have fun in the servers gaming.
 see yah around!

gangrene
TE Members
Forum Enthusiast

: 146

The worms will get you!!!!!

MSN Messenger - wlaitala@hotmail.com
« #2 : May 13, 2008, 06:19:16 AM »

welcome to the forums 
vyerous
Noob

That's Pro

« #3 : May 13, 2008, 09:00:48 AM »

Thank you thank you.

Noobinhood
TE Senior Member
Forum Freak

: 208

« #4 : May 13, 2008, 10:53:00 PM »

WELCOME... I AM ALSO IN FIRE AND EMS...   P.S. A LITTLE ADVICE, DONT WASTE YOUR TIME IN MEDIC SCHOOL ... PAY THE EXTRA MONEY, TAKE THE EXTRA TIME AND CLASSES AND GET YOUR R.N. ... IT IS WELL WORTH IT BECAUSE YOULL MAKE A SHIT LOAD MORE MONEY !!!    :-D   :-D

vyerous
Noob

That's Pro

« #5 : May 14, 2008, 11:54:58 AM »

Cool to see someone in the same business. No offense but I thought RN was good if you wanted to work in a hospital setting? Personally I want to stay the hell out of there, I started the med school route and said F' that, I can ride an ambulance if I have to. The reason I want to get my medic though is most places are going to hire me on as a medic because of my experience, I've taken so many certified USAR and tactical rescue classes, I just need my medic to make myself 100% guaranteed marketable. If the RN thing works thats cool, I just don't have the patience to wait that long. Out here you can get a Basic to Intermediate bridge class for 200 bucks (which my volly station will pay for I just have to pay for the books), it's an 8 month long course, and they pay for your national registry test. Personally I am sick of school and I have the prerequisites to start my bachelors in fire science I figure why not. RN, correct me if I'm wrong, but is something like 4 years on top of normal credits, not to mention ungodly hours of rotations in a hospital. EMT-I is 80 hours in a hospital, 25 hours in the field (Lol...) and you just have to pass your classes written and practical, and then challenge national registry. I dunno if you know something I don't then by all means, please fill me in because I am not looking forward to medic class... not to mention the next 5 years on a friggin ambulance.

TE | Hypo
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 266

Your Moms <3 me

Yahoo Instant Messenger - Hypocrisy71
« #6 : May 14, 2008, 12:49:35 PM »

my ex is an LPN and an RPN???  the nurse that travels around and gets per diem and stuff?  and they can command a better payrate than a regular medic/nurse/staff.  just my 2 cents. 

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, thank one for it.
vyerous
Noob

That's Pro

« #7 : May 14, 2008, 01:15:24 PM »

Oh yea definitely. Like I said I originally wanted to work in a hospital, but I fell in love with the fire service and the ambulance is my price to pay occasionally to ride the fire truck. I do not want to work in a hospital setting, I can deal with the ambulance as long as I am normally stationed on a truck. What noobinhood is saying that I should get my RN instead of getting my medic, which medics are used in the field and RNs are in the hospitals. I cannot emphasize more how much I do not want to work in a hospital, that just isn't me, I've done rotations and I absolutely hate going there even if I'm on the ambulance.

Noobinhood
TE Senior Member
Forum Freak

: 208

« #8 : May 15, 2008, 08:36:10 AM »

my sister in law is in class now to become a R N and she said its only a two year class...  i was just going on what my medic told me about taking and being a R N verses being a medic... the thing around here where i live is that if you have your R N you can work on a C C T ( critical care transport ) truck making 18.00 + or work perdiem in an E R  making 40.00 + ... i guess my point would be to do the R N and make more money being on a ambulance or paid fire department...   :-D   :-D

vyerous
Noob

That's Pro

« #9 : May 15, 2008, 10:43:12 AM »

Ooohhh I gotchya, yea thanks for the advice. Out here the CCT is like a private company or a paid ambulance service through the hospital which does transports from hospital to hospital or hospital to home for like out patients and what not. That makes a lot of sense though and yea that would be the smartest thing to do. But again I want to respond to emergency calls and ride the fire truck and the only way I can do that is if I put in time on the ambulance responding to emergency calls. But I know what your talking about now, I actually applied to do that when I was younger but they didn't pay enough for the crap I would have to deal with.

pistolpete
Forum Member

: 26

« #10 : May 15, 2008, 11:25:09 PM »

whats up v
vyerous
Noob

That's Pro

« #11 : May 16, 2008, 08:19:31 PM »

Nothing man, just taking a break from CS tonight to recover. I had my ear lobes chopped up because of keloids from gaging my ears... no more piercings for me. Whats good?

TE | Hypo
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 266

Your Moms <3 me

Yahoo Instant Messenger - Hypocrisy71
« #12 : May 19, 2008, 07:45:14 PM »

Nothing man, just taking a break from CS tonight to recover. I had my ear lobes chopped up because of keloids from gaging my ears... no more piercings for me. Whats good?

EW!

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, thank one for it.
vyerous
Noob

That's Pro

« #13 : May 20, 2008, 12:27:06 PM »

Eh it's not that bad, it's just scar tissue that shouldn't be there. It wasn't that noticeable and the only reason why I got them lopped off was because my insurance covered it and they were sensitive/painful. I've learned my lesson.

: [1]  
« previous next »
: