Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 05:33:05 AM

:    
Want to join us in Vent? Ask an admin for info while in game or PM them here on the forums!
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Server Forum
| |-+  Team Fortress 2 Pub (72.5.152.147) (Moderators: SConforti, Smurfette)
| | |-+  Spawn camping, legal?
« previous next »
: 1 2 3 [4]
: Spawn camping, legal?  ( 4579 )
Rally Pig
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 213

AOL Instant Messenger - Evel+knievel31
« #45 : September 15, 2010, 08:27:46 PM »

gotcha makes more sense now, but maybe it should be brought up at a meeting? i know its difficult for me to make meetings due to my lovely schedule but like i said all admins need to be on the same page about kicking/ punishing, this way there is no questions and people get confused by a couple admins letting them get away with something yet the next night with a couple other admins against it...or if someone is having a bad day...you get the point, we at least have it down where if someone is banned/ kicked it is announced why over vent...

but like i keep saying I DONT CARE WHAT THE SERVER RULES ARE BUT ALL ADMINS...NOT A COUPLE....ALLLL....NEED TO KNOW THE RULES AND THEY ARE DEFINED SO WE CAN ALLL ENFORCE AT THE SAME LEVEL, IT DOESNT HELP WHEN PEOPLE DEFINE THE RULES THEMSELVES AND ENFORCE HOW THEY FEEL FIT.... OWNER, DONATOR, OR NOT WE NEED TO BE ON THE SAME PAGE.....this way non-TE regs, people passing through dont sit there and go crap these admins are on so i dont wanna play yet this admin that comes on later doesnt give a crap what i do

and yea theres a reason i repeated my self twice in the same post

wow my upload sucks

crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1570

It's not "CrazyDog" or "Crazy Dog", idiots.

AOL Instant Messenger - Crazydog445
« #46 : September 15, 2010, 11:29:49 PM »

I shall bring it up in the next meeting.

Giant Flying Head
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1199

Giant Donkey

MSN Messenger - ryoga81@hotmail.com
« #47 : September 16, 2010, 04:26:02 AM »

but like i keep saying I DONT CARE WHAT THE SERVER RULES ARE BUT ALL ADMINS...NOT A COUPLE....ALLLL....NEED TO KNOW THE RULES AND THEY ARE DEFINED SO WE CAN ALLL ENFORCE AT THE SAME LEVEL, IT DOESNT HELP WHEN PEOPLE DEFINE THE RULES THEMSELVES AND ENFORCE HOW THEY FEEL FIT.... OWNER, DONATOR, OR NOT WE NEED TO BE ON THE SAME PAGE.....this way non-TE regs, people passing through dont sit there and go crap these admins are on so i dont wanna play yet this admin that comes on later doesnt give a crap what i do
I couldn't agree more, but there are members here that are "I'm gonna do it my way and there is NO such thing as compromise". So we will NEVER have common ground on this issue. This is another reason why I think the whole rule should be axed! That way we can stop fighting over it.

"Feel the wrath of my giant head" - Elmer Fud
SConforti
Forum Pro

: 439

AOL Instant Messenger - sconforti1982
« #48 : September 16, 2010, 04:27:02 AM »

gotcha makes more sense now, but maybe it should be brought up at a meeting? i know its difficult for me to make meetings due to my lovely schedule but like i said all admins need to be on the same page about kicking/ punishing, this way there is no questions and people get confused by a couple admins letting them get away with something yet the next night with a couple other admins against it...or if someone is having a bad day...you get the point, we at least have it down where if someone is banned/ kicked it is announced why over vent...

and yea theres a reason i repeated my self twice in the same post

:iamwithstupid:

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #49 : September 16, 2010, 08:25:07 AM »

This is another reason why I think the whole rule should be axed! That way we can stop fighting over it.

Luggage
TE Members
Forum All-Star

: 397

Just a normal homicidal piece of sapient pearwood

« #50 : September 16, 2010, 11:29:20 AM »

Certainly worth taking a vote on.  I humbly ask that all TE kindly respect the majority opinion, regardless of personal feelings on the topic.

Frag_68
Forum Member

: 99

« #51 : September 29, 2010, 06:51:14 PM »

Okay... Someone needs to fix this.  I was an engineer on blue.  Cobalt was a heavy on Red.  Cobalt managed to take out my teleporter @ spawn 3 times because our team failed to clear the tele in Dustbowl_b4 stage 3 in the attic.  So... he gets kicked because he'd "been warned"????  Come on.  Even though I was mad that I lost my tele, Cobalt did nothing wrong.  He wasn't camping the spawn, he was taking out the tele and then backing off.

You can't kick someone just for taking out teles.  Yes, I'm talking to you, GFH.   The very man that said the spawn camping rule should be axed.

Giant Flying Head
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1199

Giant Donkey

MSN Messenger - ryoga81@hotmail.com
« #52 : September 29, 2010, 07:56:41 PM »

The camping rule is still in. So I was inforcing it. Also I do think the rule is there for a reason. I think it should come down so people remember WHY we put it in in the first place. As for this incident, coming down to spawn as heavy with medic in hand, shooting AT spawn doors counts as spawn camping. He got slayed. Then he goes down there again! Sorry, he wasn't there to get teles. He was just doing that to kill time while waiting for people. He was NOT backing off. On a second note, I didn't kick him. That was another member that was also getting pissed about that guy ALWAYS at spawn. On a second note, it was a kick! Get over it! It's not like he was raged at and perma banned. He was quite calmly told he was spawn camping, then HE raged!

"Feel the wrath of my giant head" - Elmer Fud
SConforti
Forum Pro

: 439

AOL Instant Messenger - sconforti1982
« #53 : October 01, 2010, 05:10:11 AM »

We need to take this discussion private and figure it out or drop it all.

: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
: