Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 05:26:44 AM

:    
Interested in joining The Elders?  Post all your information in our forums http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Server Forum
| |-+  Team Fortress 2 Pub (72.5.152.147) (Moderators: SConforti, Smurfette)
| | |-+  Map rotation idea
« previous next »
: [1] 2
: Map rotation idea  ( 2205 )
Bruiser
Noob

: 20

« : May 05, 2008, 10:06:48 AM »

when I was part of the 173rd gorup for the old DOD we would have a monthy map vote thread. The server admin or whoever was incharge of the servers and loaiding the map playlist would start a map vote topic where members and publmic members part of the forum can vote a map they want. Maps with the most votes the server admin would look over and make a playlist for that month. This worked great b/c maps were always different and we found some cool fun maps to play. It's just an idea what I thought players would enjoy.

SConforti
Forum Pro

: 439

AOL Instant Messenger - sconforti1982
« #1 : May 05, 2008, 10:09:25 AM »

Not that I have any say...but I feel that is a good idea.  We always get that map that we are just tired of playing in the rotation.

Bruiser
Noob

« #2 : May 05, 2008, 10:20:04 AM »

it worked great and then we knew maps that players loved and eventually we had such a good rotation (after a few months of testing the different maps)  the server was never empty and I'm not exagerating.

Elite_Prophet
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1724

HIs Judgement Cometh...and That Right Soon

AOL Instant Messenger - DarkMiNapoli
« #3 : May 05, 2008, 10:28:23 AM »

I think this sounds like a reasonable idea, we will ask around to see who wants to be in charge of this aspect and see what we cant get done....thanks for the helpful suggestion!

So Let It Be Written, So let it be Done

Video_Master
Inactive
Godlike

: 1378

MSN Messenger - david_ulbrich@hotmail.com AOL Instant Messenger - my69ponycar
« #4 : May 05, 2008, 11:09:29 AM »

I like this idea and can head this up since I have access to the servers already.

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #5 : May 05, 2008, 01:20:34 PM »

Last night way late when our servers were empty I went to a TF2F server and they were playing a map called Science...it's pretty darn good.

Bruiser
Noob

« #6 : May 05, 2008, 02:00:31 PM »

if you guys did do this you'll notice that certain maps bring different skill level players. Any time we ran a league map we would get a lot of CAL players joining making it good and bad depending on your own skill player. I believe that playing against players that have a higher skill level compared to yours greately enhances your own skill level....atleast it does with me. The bad is that it can get frustrating or if you get a highly skilled player thats not playing as a team and is spawn camping or not trying to win the round and instead just wants the kills etc.

sniping against hitman smurf will make me a better sniper hehe  :notworthy:

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

« #7 : May 05, 2008, 05:51:50 PM »

sniping against hitman smurf will make me a better sniper hehe  :notworthy:

The less I kill you, the better you are getting  :-D

crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1570

It's not "CrazyDog" or "Crazy Dog", idiots.

AOL Instant Messenger - Crazydog445
« #8 : May 05, 2008, 09:57:30 PM »

I still think we need to add map voting, so that the rotation is mixed up a little.

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

« #9 : May 05, 2008, 11:26:42 PM »

I still think we need to add map voting, so that the rotation is mixed up a little.

This sounds like a good idea.

Thalan
"THE TICK"
Inactive
Forum Freak

: 257

WIDOW pwns me in GUN GAME!!!

« #10 : May 06, 2008, 04:44:47 AM »

smurf isnt that good of a sniper  :-P but yeah ive noticed the better players on some of our maps coming in from time to time its nice to run into a medic thats better then i am refreshing or a good spy that gives me a run for my money doesnt take much for one to get the jump on video or smurf mr fat man

but yeah ive been saying we really need new maps in here even some of the new custom ones are cool as hell
Video_Master
Inactive
Godlike

« #11 : May 06, 2008, 07:10:42 AM »

Well you guys need to start posting up the new maps that you like and I will get them on the servers.

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

« #12 : May 06, 2008, 01:40:49 PM »

Like I said, science....and yeah, I'm glad to have someone come in with high skill. Pwning is very tiresome work  :-D

Video_Master
Inactive
Godlike

« #13 : May 06, 2008, 02:05:28 PM »

cp_science is on all 3 TF2 servers.  It is a 30MB uncompressed file and 14MB compressed.

Here is a FPSBANANA link to download it - http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/42516

I also added it to the maplist for admins to change to it if they want.

Bruiser
Noob

« #14 : May 06, 2008, 02:13:58 PM »

This weekend I'll post a list of good custom maps I played already. Before I started playing on your server I played on mostly custom map only servers so I have a tone.

I need to finish painting my computer room first. That's why I havent been in the servers. I've been using a work computer to make posts.

: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: