Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 09:43:10 AM

:    
Welcome to The Elders' Home Page.  New visitors please register here:  http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum to see full site.
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Counter-Strike---> Help
| | |-+  Mouse Problems >< help please
« previous next »
: [1]
: Mouse Problems >< help please  ( 901 )
Crossis
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 212

« : May 04, 2007, 03:25:33 PM »

Ok. So I've been having this EXTREMELY annoying issue now for about 3 months and i've tried searching the night and going all over logitechs site but I can't get an answer and I'm pretty much too cheap to buy a new mouse. I want to see if any of you can help me first before I give up =D

Mouse Model: Logitech MX310 Optical Mouse

The Problem: Every now and then (it's completely random) my mouse acts as if I had unplugged the USB cable from the computer. It freezes in place and the optical laser turns off (I can turn the mouse upside down no bright red light) and then anywhere from 3 to 30 seconds later it starts working again as if I had plugged it back into my computer. I havn't actually touched the cable and I can't find a specific action that triggers the mouse to do this. Although it does seem to happen more frequently when I play games like CS:S for example

Things I've tried
-Using a different USB port (same problem)
-Using another mouse (works fine)
-Re-installing my OS (didnt work)

Comptuer Specs (I'll put what I can remember built this guy 2 years go)
Geforce 6800 ultra 256mb
AMD 3800+ 64 bit cpu
1024mb DDR ram
and thats about all I can remember

Any help is greatly appreciated

-Crossis

Shmotz
Godlike

: 2910

Just a Badass

« #1 : May 04, 2007, 05:11:23 PM »

solution...throw that mouse in an iraqi's asshole, and goto bestbuy and get the logitech MX510 optical mouse...specifically designed for gaming
MR|337
Inactive
Godlike

: 1261

« #2 : May 30, 2007, 03:52:16 AM »

I've had a 510 for over a year and just retired it. The scroll wheel finally quit tracking like it should. Other than that a good mouse. I wouldnt recommend installing the logitech software unless one likes to constantly fool with sensitivity. Just plug n play.

*edit* I remember a friend having a similar issue: For some reason there were two mice in the device manager even though he only had one. This "ghost mouse" would take over from time to time. He couldnt disable it, and finally had to tinker with the registry to kill it.
« : May 30, 2007, 03:54:51 AM MR|337 »

Crossis
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 212

« #3 : May 30, 2007, 03:02:03 PM »

only one mouse in the device manager =/

Woosh #teamraze
Noob

: 6

http://www.caleague.com/?page=teams&teamid=146921

« #4 : July 05, 2007, 06:49:08 PM »

u may have a driver problem...try getting the newest driver for your mouse, or get a new one. (if u have the lastest driver then try backdating it back to one that worked well for u)
: [1]  
« previous next »
: