Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 07:43:01 AM

:    
Welcome to The Elders' Home Page.  New visitors please register here:  http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum to see full site.
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Talk Back
| | |-+  CS: SOURCE
« previous next »
: [1] 2 3
: CS: SOURCE  ( 3457 )
Pnazz

« : August 18, 2004, 11:35:01 AM »

Hey.. if any of you guys are d/l'ing the new CS: Source and want to come play it we will have our server set up to play it tonight as soon as Steam Unlocks it.  I don't know if you guys have that option with gamedeamon or not.  But we got a mod changer for $5.00 a month so we can switch back and forth.  It is supposed to be unlocked tonight at 9PM EST.  Come on by the server if you guys aren't set up for it.  Our World Server  66.151.108.156.   Later.  -=SnA=- Pnazz
NightTrain

« #1 : August 18, 2004, 11:43:26 AM »

Pnazz, where can I download the source?  Can I do it through steam?

And what is CS:Source?  Is this what they consider Counter-AStrike 2?  Please give me some info whereas I know nothing about it.

Thanks.
Pnazz

« #2 : August 18, 2004, 11:50:41 AM »

CS: Source (beta) is CS with the HL2 engine.. If you own CS:Condition Zero you are able to d/l the CS: Source file .. Or if you have the ATI coupon from buying one of the upper lines of ATI Video cards like the one I got with my 9800XT you can d/l it.  Just open up steam.. right click on the taskbar icon .. click play games and double click on CS: Source under the coming soon column.. It should be the top one.  From all the sample videos I've seen and what I've heard about it it is absolutely great.  The physics involved are supposedly awesome.. the water splashes when you shoot and and run through it.. everything moves.. barrels fly around when a nade goes off around them.  Someone was telling me they were playing in one of those Cyber Cafe's where it is already released and a guy shot a gun laying on the ground and it skipped across the ground over to a teammate that didn't have a gun.  So it's basicly CS 2 .. it's still beta and will be glitchy at first until the final release.. hopefully within a month or so.. So if you don't have Condition Zero I suggest you grab it for the $30 .. or there is a link in our forums for some guy selling CD keys for it for like $15.00 or something. Whatever you need to do to get it I would.  Should be outstanding.. as long as you CPU can handle it.
NightTrain

« #3 : August 18, 2004, 11:54:35 AM »

We heard that the beta now has only one map, dust.  Is that true?
Pnazz

« #4 : August 18, 2004, 12:00:17 PM »

Not sure.. I've seen a fly through of dust and it looks great.. but I have also seen a version of aztec.  So I don't really know where they sit.  I guess we will find out tonight.  Hopefully the server is packed with people trying to play.

Check out this review.. it is just dust from the article.  

http://www.driverheaven.net/articles/Source/
HongKongPhooey

« #5 : August 18, 2004, 12:41:24 PM »

I've seen both dust and aztec clips and they look incredible.  Game looks like a keeper, just probably gonna have to upgrade my machine to play it though, oh well had to think of something to get the wife for our upcoming anniversary.
deadbolt

« #6 : August 18, 2004, 02:13:34 PM »

are they gonn abe selling the game in stores soon...cause i dont have CZ and dont plan on buying it....
bdot

« #7 : August 18, 2004, 05:15:48 PM »

For the beta release of CS:Source there is only one map, de_dust. Unless VALVe decides to give us something else then we will be playing dust only. Beta testing is given to the Cyber cafe owners, cz owners, and people who bought an ati gfx card with the hl2 package. I get to play the beta because my bro let his friend use his account and he registered cz on it. When my bro took his account back it had cz registered  :D .

There is somewhere to download all the files needed for css. The download is  not up to date so you cannot play it on a server that has been updated. If you try to connect you will get a protocol version error, but there are people out there that dont have cz, so they downloaded it and ran dedicated servers for it.
 PM me on irc and ill give you a link. if i can find it again

:)

/E:
Gabe Newell has posted on the hl2 fallout forums anouncing that css will be unlocked at 7:00 PM PST. ( http://www.hl2fallout.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3077&st=0&#entry57100 ) So it should unlock for EST timezone at 10:00 PM.
Sweet  :D
blue
Forum Pro

: 492

AOL Instant Messenger - aznblu3thunder
« #8 : August 18, 2004, 05:40:08 PM »

you morons with cz =( i wonder if i can play css later on without buying cz  8)

Want a cookie?
Pnazz

« #9 : August 18, 2004, 07:32:22 PM »

You can just buy HL2 .. That has a pre-release download starting tomorrow for the people with the coupon I believe.
bdot

« #10 : August 18, 2004, 11:41:30 PM »

but blues comp is too crappy for hl2.... well his comp isnt crap but his gfx are... blue and his onboard gfx...  :?

anyways ive been playing source for 3+ hours. its so freakin cool. everything moves  :shock:  takes a while to get used to but its insane.

The whole thing is majikal  :wink:

I got lots of screenshots so if you want to see some pm me.  :)
NightTrain

« #11 : August 19, 2004, 05:49:25 AM »

I saw the demos and they are incredible.  But I wonder if this will be like CZ and just bomb?  bdot, after playing it, do you think this will get big or die out like cz?

And I think you will be able to buy the full game once HL2 comes out.  Does anyone know when that is supposed to surface?  Last I heard it was September.

-Night-
bdot

« #12 : August 19, 2004, 12:12:25 PM »

CSS will come free with hl2. Just like cs did with hl, u just need the cd key. Also i think i remember reading somewhere that hl2 will comeout september 2nd. But you cant trust the dates because, if my memory servers me right, that hl2 was suppose to be out LAST year but was delayed because of the "source code leak"  :?

I saw the demos and they are incredible. But I wonder if this will be like CZ and just bomb? bdot, after playing it, do you think this will get big or die out like cz?

My bets are that css wont be anything like cz. Most likely people would playit. Either source or 1.6 if their comps cant run it.
Stalkin_death

« #13 : August 19, 2004, 02:45:54 PM »

cz is easy t run on shitty computer.  because i got it for 15 bucks on ebay.  But after pre-loading cs:s I can not play it due to crappy computer video card
StangGT
Inactive
Forum Freak

: 207

AOL Instant Messenger - rizz8636
« #14 : August 19, 2004, 02:51:20 PM »

1.6 will slowly be phased out once source hits...

Same shit like 1.5 and 1.6

: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
: