Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 09, 2024, 11:33:20 PM

:    
Interested in joining The Elders?  Post all your information in our forums http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Talk Back
| | |-+  Presidential Election
« previous next »
: 1 [2] 3
: Presidential Election  ( 3976 )
savage

« #15 : September 01, 2004, 01:55:44 PM »

I'm 15 also, but if I had a say in america (which aparently i don't) then I would most likely vote for bush. I have no reason behind this, it's just one of those damn instincts I have.
Fucker

« #16 : September 01, 2004, 06:19:51 PM »

lets put it plain and simple.....

u wanna die? vote kerry

u wanna live and be prosperous? vote bush

tough decision huh...
savage

« #17 : September 01, 2004, 06:26:22 PM »

....That makes sense, kinda. VOTE BUSH 2004!!!!
Johnny

« #18 : September 02, 2004, 04:19:06 PM »

BUSH cuz the elephant is cooler than the Donkey

im 16 so i dont vote obviously, but if i had to vote i think my vote would go to my main man G. W.  My family is republican and i was raised republican and im not really into political shit, but after watching both conventions (even though the republican isn't over yet) i think i believe in more of a elephant style of thinking.  Arnold's speech was incredible and i <3 the Rep. party now.  I just think that Kerry is a shifty bastard and his shipmates from Nam. wrote a book about how much bs he was.  He gunned a kid wearing nothing but a loin cloth and claimed that he thought he had a gun.  I dunno but i dont want someone who doesn't know what they stand for running my country.  Kerry will do anything to look good to the public, even if it means voting against a topic that he voted for previously.... He is a shifty bastard, thats all, thank you
Stalkin_death

« #19 : September 02, 2004, 09:33:48 PM »

being from illinois go Kerry!  I don;t care just go him.
phokus

« #20 : September 02, 2004, 11:17:23 PM »

im 16 and personally i like bush and i dislike kerry, like johnny says.. he is very shifty
Privateer

« #21 : September 03, 2004, 10:22:01 AM »

wow I remember when I was 14-16 years old and I didn't give a shit about politics, its amazing to see at least you guys are picking sides.  Maybe not all for the right reasons, but still a side is a side.

Being from RI, Kerry is my choice, naturally even though he is dropping like a rock in polls.

Whoever said he was shifty, is absolutely correct, he has been very tipsy with his statements, and I think that is what will cost him the election.

If you guys wanna use your brain for a second, think of this scenerio, what if Bush already has captured Bin Laden and is simply just holding him over there, waiting for the time to unleash the news (say 2 weeks before november??)

I think it won't happen, but if it ever did, he'd be a shoe-in.  There hasn't been any news coming from over there too if you haven't noticed.

Think about it!  Go out there and read a book, you lazy cs player!!!!  :D
Johnny

« #22 : September 03, 2004, 01:47:33 PM »

ok, so maybe bush does wait to release it... what is your point

of course he would be a shoe in, and he should be.  Some fuckers attacked us and bush went out and kicked some serious ass.  thats the kinda person i want running my country.  Its better that the big T's know that we are comin in hott if they attack us again.  bush should be a shoe in if he caught bin laden cuz that is waht he was supposed to do, he set out to do it, and if he got it done, then hell yeah keep his as CIC.  kerry is a bastard by the way
LordDuren

« #23 : September 04, 2004, 07:02:22 PM »

Say what you want about Bush and his apparent lack of intelligence. What he did in taking out Saddam was a good thing. Condoning the tremendous loss of life that resulted from Saddam's tactics against the (I think it was) Kurdish people is sheer insanity and it saddens me greatly when I see the tremendous amount of support that Kerry is garnering simply because people want Bush out of power.

Honestly I don't care if Bush is a dumbass. He gets the job done and he does what I see as being the right thing. Whatever the reasons, Saddam out of power is a good thing, his response to Terrorism was a good thing, and for that matter Republicans are a good thing.

Don't mind me, I'm a bit drunk right now. Nothing quite like having a keg in your living room.
NightTrain

« #24 : September 04, 2004, 08:12:21 PM »

I agree with you 100% Lord.  I like the idea of being very agressive and proactive in our war against terror.  I like the idea of fighting the war overseas before it gets to the US again.  I like showing the rest of the world what we are capable of.

Saddam was an asshole regardless of whether he had WMD.  We removed a tyrant/asshole who also committed genocide at one point.  Who could be against that?  We fucking owned up the Taliban, and now Bin Laden is so powerful that he hasn't once attacked us again home or abroad since 911.  He is basically powerless against a nation that is now on permanent alert.

Also, the UN is now on notice that the US will not take direction from them when we feel that something represents a clear and present danger to our country.  Bush has stood up for what he believes and he has done so in what he believes is the best interst of the US.

For those people who think we are just creating more terrorists by taking this approach I say, "Who gives a fuck?!"  We don't back down for a fight because the other guy says he is going to get his friends.  We just man up and fucking own!

Bush has done a fine job.

-Night-
LordDuren

« #25 : September 04, 2004, 08:17:25 PM »

Exactly. Whoever heard of winning wars by being a pussy? The way to peace is having the biggest piece. Its not by backing down every time you're afraid of a fight.

I hear all sorts of rumors about cover ups and so forth done to make Bush look good, but lets be honest here. Preventing 9/11 would have looked a hell of a lot better then letting it occur and acting cool even under fire.

And Kerry? The guy doesn't even know his own mind half the time, and people want him for a leader? A leader has to know how to lead. Thats the defining characteristic of that trait.

Damn I am eloquent while drinking.

Edit: It is further a fact of life that Democrats want a big government.
Why is that exactly? Well lets face it. Most of the people you see today have no moral character whatsoever. The founding fathers of this country wrote a constitution that assumed we would have a basic sense of right and wrong. Our ability to do everything, from ruling ourselves to owning guns, was based on this. If we as people prove we have no such sense, we need a despotic system in place above us because we've shown we cannot do the job on our own.

And here's a fun filled fact for ya... look at the time prayer was removed from schools, and then correlate it with the scores of american youth on standardized tests. Are you aware that from that point on, our test grades dropped on a national scale? To the point where we had to revise the tests so that we would no longer look quite as much like idiots?

Forgive my incoherent ranting.
-Lord
phokus

« #26 : September 04, 2004, 08:18:34 PM »

i agree with the three men above me :D
Stalkin_death

« #27 : September 04, 2004, 10:19:32 PM »

why did bush go after iraq?  because they "had" weapons?  So where are these weapons?
phokus

« #28 : September 04, 2004, 10:53:14 PM »

they did find some wmd
NightTrain

« #29 : September 05, 2004, 08:34:06 AM »

stalkin, you are missing the point.  Who gives a fuck if there are no wmd?  That was a convienet excuse at the time to go in.  What we really accomplished by removing saddam (besides ridding the world of a dictator that has committed genocide int he past) is so much more important than finding wmd.  We showed the world that if we (the US) even think that you might have wmd, we won't hesitate to annihilate your ass.  Hell, Syria and Jordan, and to an extent Iran, have backed off their weapons programs because they ar so scared that the US might just decide to take a detouron our way back home.  Don't underestimate how important it is for the world to think we mean business when we talk.  Diplomacy is fine in some instances, and it is useless in others.  When you fight towels heads who don't care if they die for their god, then you don't use diplomacy.

General Patton once said of winning wars, "You don't win a war by dieing for your country, you win a war by making the other guy die for his."

No truer words have ever been spoken.  

/Night
: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
: