Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 12:54:18 AM

:    
Welcome to The Elders' Home Page.  New visitors please register here:  http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum to see full site.
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Counter-Strike---> Help
| | |-+  BF2 Freezage!!! ARG!!!
« previous next »
: [1]
: BF2 Freezage!!! ARG!!!  ( 1157 )
CorporalStrongBad

« : August 09, 2005, 05:18:52 AM »

I can load BF2 but once im in the game for a bit it just freezes, i am running a very good machine and even turned off my OC..lowered the res and it still did it, i cant keep in a game for more than 20 mins before it freezes on me. has this happen to anyone else? and btw, i have the latest drivers for my Vid card and the latest game patch from EA..thnx

CSB
WidowMaker
Supreme Master
Administrator
Godlike

: 1622

AOL Instant Messenger - craygo69
« #1 : August 09, 2005, 07:29:05 AM »

i had those problems when call of duty came out. I had to reinstall the drivers for my chipset. I you have an intell based motherboard then go to http://www.intel.com/products/chipsets/index.htm?iid=HPAGE+header_products_chipsets& and choose the chipset you have.

Or if you have an nforce chipset then go to www.nvidia.com and download the nforce drivers.

You could also have a VIA chipset in which case go to via's site  http://www.viatech.com/en/products/chipsets/

Try it out and let me know how you make out

Widow

CorporalStrongBad

« #2 : August 09, 2005, 10:31:09 AM »

chipset for the mobo?
Cole

« #3 : August 09, 2005, 10:42:04 AM »

that sounds like what he's talking about.

try reading this thread from my friend Google.

http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=388539
CorporalStrongBad

« #4 : August 10, 2005, 10:44:45 AM »

I played last night and it was running fine, thnx guys, just d/loaded the new chipsets and able to run the graphics on high w/out any lockups..thnx

CSB
Privateer

« #5 : August 10, 2005, 04:56:14 PM »

I am freezing up in Source all the time, and I have too good of a computer to be having this problem. Any ideas what I should do, I keep getting this popped up when it freezes...

I sure hope its not a dead memory issue

[attachment deleted by admin]
HongKongPhooey

« #6 : August 11, 2005, 06:51:46 AM »

I don't know priv, thats looks like an ID 10 T error to me.
CorporalStrongBad

« #7 : August 11, 2005, 09:46:54 AM »

I don't know priv, thats looks like an ID 10 T error to me.

yes!, the id 10 tango!!! and priv, i get that message ever so once and a while, try switching your memory sticks around, or you have only one..then i dont know, try getting the newest chipset for mobo..

CSB
Cole

« #8 : August 11, 2005, 11:01:28 AM »

I am freezing up in Source all the time, and I have too good of a computer to be having this problem. Any ideas what I should do, I keep getting this popped up when it freezes...

I sure hope its not a dead memory issue

either the memory is bad or there is another program using the same address or reserving it after hl2.exe reserved it or wrote to it.  So, it could be a program glitch I guess.  I'd run memtest one night and let it tell  you if there are any physical issues. Also, does the address ever change (the one that can't be read?"  I'd venture to say that this is not physical failure (unless it's a thermal thing), but a software error.  Maybe even a nice source reload might fix it. 

Also, make sure the gfx card is getting enough cooling.  I've heard of people getting that error from unstablity due to overheadign the vram.  Try CSB's suggestion of swapping the ram slots before i'd waste 10+ hours on memtest.

my 2 cents.
Privateer

« #9 : August 11, 2005, 05:32:32 PM »

I thought it could be that it is running to hot... but I doubt that...

I will swap my memory first, then run the test if that doesnt work, keep you guys posted
Streetballer
Godlike

: 2469

Damn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta!

MSN Messenger - Streetballerx8@hotmail.com
« #10 : August 14, 2005, 07:03:00 AM »

ive gotten that error couple times, but i just reload Source and it works fine, go me!

Im the original Newfie
: [1]  
« previous next »
: