Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 05:44:15 PM

:    
Welcome to The Elders' Home Page.  New visitors please register here:  http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum to see full site.
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Pc Help/Tweak Page (Moderator: snyper133)
| | |-+  Laptop for College
« previous next »
: [1]
: Laptop for College  ( 672 )
V.I.P.
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1267

MSN Messenger - thejack-07@hotmail.com AOL Instant Messenger - TheJack3171
« : July 18, 2008, 02:40:47 PM »

Basically I'm torn between two ASUS models...one is snypers and another is a bit different.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220307

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220308

so the difference is .1ghz on the processor and a different video card.
I did some research and I can't really conclude which one is better performance, but it seems that the 9500 has lower power consumption.

Thoughts and replies are appreciated
« : July 18, 2008, 02:43:12 PM V.I.P. »

From VIP to RIP

What the fuck is this shit???

TE | Hypo
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 266

Your Moms <3 me

Yahoo Instant Messenger - Hypocrisy71
« #1 : July 18, 2008, 03:02:20 PM »

college is an institution for whoring, learning, experiencing new things, making new friends, and by the 3rd or 4th year you have to figure out what it is you want to do with your life...

that being said, its $100 dollars difference in price, which to me, when I'm buying something, it has to be over $500 to be considered a major difference.  so it comes down to conveniences.  look at the laptop, feel the laptop.  the reviews are mostly positive so it comes down to personal usage and desires.

I HATE ATI.  my 2 cents.

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, thank one for it.
V.I.P.
TE Senior Member
Godlike

« #2 : July 21, 2008, 11:34:42 AM »

ok, I don't think I'll be doing any hardcore gaming up there, but I will be playing Source some.  No matter what I'm gonna dual boot vista/xp pro.

From VIP to RIP

TE | Hypo
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 266

Your Moms <3 me

Yahoo Instant Messenger - Hypocrisy71
« #3 : July 21, 2008, 12:02:15 PM »

and you're gonna have an external mouse?  and maybe an external monitor?  and external keyboard?  I would get at least the mouse, probably a keyboard, and not buy the ATI card one. 

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, thank one for it.
V.I.P.
TE Senior Member
Godlike

« #4 : July 21, 2008, 02:43:25 PM »

No I plan to use the current setup but i will defintely have a mouse...how could you play on one of those pads lol

From VIP to RIP

: [1]  
« previous next »
: