Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 07:02:27 AM

:    
Welcome to The Elders' Home Page.  New visitors please register here:  http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum to see full site.
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Pc Help/Tweak Page (Moderator: snyper133)
| | |-+  I need some Major Help Please
« previous next »
: [1]
: I need some Major Help Please  ( 728 )
TE_Taylormade
TE Senior Member
Forum Enthusiast

: 168

« : March 22, 2008, 07:49:27 PM »

Hi guys,

I tried installing the free copy of Vista that is on our ftp and it loaded perfectly on my brand new hard drive and ran fine for a few hours.  I got the mobo drivers installed, the 2 grafix card drivers, steam, vent, and all of the microsoft updates and then my internet shut down.  It just says access: local only.  I tried doing all driver reinstalls and even tried reinstalling vists to no avail. 

Now the big problem is I want to format the hard drive and reinstall my XP, and the fuckin machine won't let me.  I tried loading cd-rom first with xp disk in it and it has no place to format.  Should I just try to put XP over top of Vista.  Can someone please help before I open the door and throw this fuckin machine out in the snow.

MR|337
Inactive
Godlike

: 1261

« #1 : March 22, 2008, 08:15:07 PM »

So what youre saying is you cant get on the net? Sounds like the problem DeathHaven is having. I think he has the asus striker II board and 8 gigs of ram.

I dont know if it would matter at this point but did you do the initial os install with only one 2 gig stick? If you used 4 (2x2 gb sticks) it causes crashes and other issues.   

How I did it

One stick of ram/install os/install mobo and vid drivers/reboot/ updates + service pack 1/shut down/install second ram stick/reboot/finished

Make sure to use the 64 bit drivers for everything...
« : March 22, 2008, 08:16:54 PM MR|337 »

Video_Master
Inactive
Godlike

: 1378

MSN Messenger - david_ulbrich@hotmail.com AOL Instant Messenger - my69ponycar
« #2 : March 22, 2008, 09:13:30 PM »

Leet, if you have a copy of Vista with SP1 included then it does not matter how much RAM is in your system.

TX_Bandit
Too young to die!
Forum Freak

: 258

« #3 : March 22, 2008, 11:34:14 PM »

Out of the blue you didn't mess with Firewall settings at all did you? Like blocking all access through your NIC? For network acces just to go south after updates thats the first thing I would check. Simple but if you overlook it you'll always be dead in the water.

MR|337
Inactive
Godlike

: 1261

« #4 : March 24, 2008, 07:56:43 AM »

Leet, if you have a copy of Vista with SP1 included then it does not matter how much RAM is in your system.

I knew that. Unless someone changed it- his is without sp1.

TE_Taylormade
TE Senior Member
Forum Enthusiast

: 168

« #5 : March 26, 2008, 09:32:25 PM »

Just reinstalled and my firewire connector on the motherboard was messed up.  Thanks for all your help.

: [1]  
« previous next »
: