Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 10:19:16 PM

:    
Want to join us in Vent? Ask an admin for info while in game or PM them here on the forums!
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Talk Back
| | |-+  Something to ponder... and I don't know the right answer
« previous next »
: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
: Something to ponder... and I don't know the right answer  ( 5175 )
Cole

« #75 : December 13, 2005, 10:37:23 AM »

Dude, those are so totally lazer tag IR recievers.  Have you ever even played lazer tag?  Or photon gun game.  And why does the one horn have no bung hole?
flintlock

« #76 : December 13, 2005, 12:05:06 PM »

This has clearly become a spam thread. Too bad, I'm going to have to move it into a virtual life of obscurity in the spam section.

Unicorn wins, it has a longer reach... Besides, we all know Dolphins don't have hands...or nubs or whatever you call those thing.

What flavor did Cobra say that clay was? I suddenly feel hungry.
MDK22
No Job, No Money, No Car
TE Senior Member
Forum Pro

: 499

AOL Instant Messenger - Uberarchangel
« #77 : December 14, 2005, 08:57:08 AM »

Now remeber before reading this i am stupid and know absolutely nothing. This is also if you were to ask me and i would ask me.

Cole you are right in that it wont take off but for the wrong reason and the other dudes are wrong

take a stick          |

force x   ->|<- force y          if x=y what the fuck happens. nothing

now add Vibration what happens the stick jumps up and down but stays in the same spot.

but if force x is dropped when it leaves the ground force y is then applied without resistance

so it woul basically skip more and more along the the damn thing until it got high enough you could tilt the thing back to take off.

Now i want you people to realize most planes arnt perfectly balanced and the reason why is they dont need to be under normal circumstances.

Which leads me to my next statement if its moving that fast the front wheel is not going to be held down by anything which means it will tilt

back and smash into the ground if the thrust at that point isnt enough to get it moving through the air. So really it all depends on how much

weight you have in the front of the damn plane.  In most cases you wont so guess what the fuck happens boom tail and wings hit the ground.

Now where you goin to go NO WHERE. Thats right where you goin go now NO WHERE. now plz dont get on my nerves by asking stupid

questions. Now this guys may have the degrees he says he does but degrees are worth shit if you dont ever consider the mechanics of wtf you

are workin with. Also if you think about it really isnt flying if its stil touching the ground which creates the whole problem that even if it has thrust

if its moving horizontally porportional to the earth it wont take of it wil just go "flying" down the runway lol. sry had to do a pun

And i was told by my school i dont understand engineering well f them they dont know how to use that thing between their ears.

also rember when you assume u make an ass out of  u and me. And when you make an assumption u make an ass out of u pion.

:-D
« : December 14, 2005, 09:07:21 AM MDK22 »

Cole

« #78 : December 14, 2005, 09:28:58 AM »

Naw MDK22.  The thing is, if the belt is moving opposite the plane, the force the belt is transfering to the plane is so small, it wouldn't even be worth measuring.  Drag is a force.  The connotation of the word "drag" is basically a counteracting force that doesn't stop your movement.
MDK22
No Job, No Money, No Car
TE Senior Member
Forum Pro

« #79 : December 14, 2005, 09:47:01 AM »

oh as for speed of light lights speed can be slowed down so technically something can move fater then the speed of light. I am sry someone at some university proved that you can slow down the speed of light so technically something could move faster then it. But ud have to do alot of slowing

Cole

« #80 : December 14, 2005, 10:10:49 AM »

no, you can not slow down the speed of light, however you can hold a photon in a crystal under certain very specific condition.  it was a very nice photonics breakthrough which allows for the advent of photonic transistors if you will.

That's different than changing the speed of light...

You are basically trapping photons in a crystal with a very specific crystal structure, then you change the structure and they come out.
MDK22
No Job, No Money, No Car
TE Senior Member
Forum Pro

« #81 : December 14, 2005, 10:49:23 AM »

AH so somedbody stated it wrong to me darn i hate people sometimes. As for the plane i still dont understand wtf hes talking about the plane will not be able to go up. Maybe its because im thinking thrust pushes plane forword thus giving the plane speed thus incressing the speed of the convayor. Its not that, that i care about its how are u getting the lift to push it up. Cause u cant tilt the plain back to get lift or u hit the ground.

Maybe u can explain it to me so i feel less dumb. Try and explain it simply so my simple mind can understand.

Also im pretty sure if u are using wheels ur elimanating friction altogether.

Anyway i think we should sumbit it to myth busters cause i want to see what happens cause im pretty sure it would pop a wheely and hit the ground.

Cole

« #82 : December 14, 2005, 02:37:06 PM »

read this.  It is good.  yum.
http://travel.howstuffworks.com/airplane.htm/printable
MDK22
No Job, No Money, No Car
TE Senior Member
Forum Pro

« #83 : December 15, 2005, 09:49:56 AM »

thank you i think i get it cole.  :-D