Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 04:50:37 AM

:    
Want to join us in Vent? Ask an admin for info while in game or PM them here on the forums!
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Pc Help/Tweak Page (Moderator: snyper133)
| | |-+  Desk Top Problem !!
« previous next »
: [1]
: Desk Top Problem !!  ( 798 )
Hit-Man
Forum Enthusiast

: 195

Die-Hard Cowboys Fan !!

Yahoo Instant Messenger - kellysduncan
« : May 30, 2007, 10:38:57 PM »

Well, my problem is that I've got the sound issue. It started yesterday, when I was playing the Gun Game, there was a bad echo, and the sound seemed like it was a million miles away. Me and Vergas( I think..LOL) talked about it, because it was extremely wacked in Vent. I tried to uninstall Vent and reinstall Vent, but that wasn't the prob. It's definitely within my Computer, and the bad part is that this HP is only 6 mnths. old.

It is a HP Media Center Pc m7640N, w/

AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual-Core Processor 5000+(260GHZ)
 NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE
 2048 DDR2
 320GB SATA HDD

Well, if anyone can suggest where or what to do with this Prob; please let me know. I've tried everything I can think of , and I'll probally call Support tomorrow and see what they can tell me. It should be under Warranty still. I do remember Vergas saying that it sounded like I have a bad sound card.?????..Dunno..Please help this Comp.Ignorant guy..LOL

WidowMaker
Supreme Master
Administrator
Godlike

: 1622

AOL Instant Messenger - craygo69
« #1 : May 31, 2007, 08:03:40 AM »

Well the sound card is built on the mother board so if it is they will have to replace the mother board to fix it. Another way would be to buy a sound card and disable the onboard card on the mother board. Some sound cards have a GUI to add special effects to sounds. Might want to see if yours does and you activated it by mistake. A decent sound card, equivalent to what you have, will only cost you between 30 and 50 bucks.

MR|337
Inactive
Godlike

: 1261

« #2 : May 31, 2007, 11:27:47 AM »

Maybe your mic is stuck on and the echo you hear is the loop-back from the mic being on? Widow is right though. Most PC in a box companies except Alienware and the Dell XPS skimp on sound cards and use onboard. Go to Newegg and get one of the Creative cards. I have the Fatality professional and it really kicks ass. Comes with 64 mb of onboard ram to take the sound prosessing load off your cpu and give better game performance. Dont forget to disable the onboard sound in the bios BEFORE installing the new card.

Good luck

MR|337
Inactive
Godlike

« #3 : May 31, 2007, 12:46:54 PM »

Hit, I got bored and was wondering..Is that video integrated into the mobo? Read on: "In late 2005 NVIDIA introduced a new member to the GeForce family, the 6100 series, also known as C51. The term GeForce 6100/6150 actually refers to an nForce4-based motherboard with an integrated NV44 core, as opposed to a standalone graphics card. " Dude, if it's a 6150 it should be integrated. You got a helluva start on a killer system, but imo, need a dedicated vid card. I dont see how Source runs on it, and I'm sure once you get a card in there you will see a 100% difference in the game and your play. Integrated vido draws it's processing power from the cpu as well as the actual memory on the mobo as it (video) has none itself... Go spend about 300 bones and get a good card. Just dont get too hog wild with it or the HP power supply might have to be swapped for a higher powered unit.

MR|337
Inactive
Godlike

« #4 : May 31, 2007, 11:38:14 PM »

HitMan, I gave you the wrong info about those headphones today. They are made by Plantronics, not Logitech.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826106070

Take a look at this for a vid card: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130066

Do me a favor and dont buy it. I dont want my tail kicked any worse than it is.  :headbang1:

*edit*
Read this review when you get the time:

http://reviews.cnet.com/desktops/hp-pavilion-media-center/4864-3118_7-32115355.html?ctype=msgid&messageSiteID=7&messageID=2341525&cval=2341525&tag=uolst

I also got to looking and found out your pc only has a 300 watt power supply. It wont cut it for a middle of the road vid card add on. Without replacing the psu, all you have to do is put a secondary one in the empty 5 1/4 drive bays. They make them especially for this purpose..
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817104019

Another thing which may fix your sound issues and the gawd awful loop back it causes in vent: Your pc is a media center edition. HP uses either  5.1 or 7.1 sound for this. On some of those they use jack sense which allows it to tell if something is plugged in wrong. Also one of those "outs" can also be used as a line in or vise versa. It is quite possible your mic is plugged into the wrong one causing those problems.
« : June 01, 2007, 01:59:56 AM MR|337 »

: [1]  
« previous next »
: