Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 11:33:53 AM

:    
Interested in joining The Elders?  Post all your information in our forums http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Server Forum
| |-+  Team Fortress 2 Pub (72.5.152.147) (Moderators: SConforti, Smurfette)
| | |-+  ZOMG TF2 UPDATE!!!!!11
« previous next »
: [1]
: ZOMG TF2 UPDATE!!!!!11  ( 727 )
Taso
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 253

« : September 30, 2010, 01:27:54 PM »

http://www.teamfortress.com/mannconomy/

I updated our server earlier today.

You can make the server more fun by not allowing Taso's ass to play a spy. K thx -Chesty Puller
crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1570

It's not "CrazyDog" or "Crazy Dog", idiots.

AOL Instant Messenger - Crazydog445
« #1 : September 30, 2010, 01:43:57 PM »

I ALREADY MADE A THREAD, ASS!

:-P

Spevf
TE Members
Forum Enthusiast

: 185

MSN Messenger - Spevf@hotmail.com Yahoo Instant Messenger - Spevf
« #2 : October 02, 2010, 01:54:22 PM »

This update sucks!

TheJuggler17
TE Members
Forum Member

: 73

AOL Instant Messenger - thejuggler0017
« #3 : October 06, 2010, 07:57:18 PM »

This update sucks!
I dunno, while I do have mixed opinions about it, the items themselves are not so bad.

The only item that I really do think is significantly unbalanced is the Pyro's Power Jack.
It deals 25% more damage
It restores 75 HP on a kill
It doesn't deal critical hits

This is clearly an upgrade from the axe, loss of random crits is not a significant loss to warrant these advantages. The axetinguisher doesn't do much damage to enemies not on fire, the homewrecker isn't too useful against anything but engineer buildings and removing sappers - those are both major disadvantages that make up for the specific benefits.

For a very long time the Medic's Blutsuager was clearly an upgrade for the same reason.
With the old Blutsauger, you traded random crits for the ability to steal health from an enemy! Somebody (not me) who is good with aiming that thing could take on most classes because they kept gaining health.
And losing random crits? a minimal defect for such a power.
Of course now you constantly gain more health if you use the regular Syringe Gun - and for a Medic who doesn't do much shooting like me it's preferable to the Blutsauger.

Still, they're doing the same thing with the Powerjack that they did with the Blutsauger.
And from what I understand, back then the unlocks were *supposed* to be upgrades. They just had a different idea as to how the thing would work when they started doing unlocks and updates.
They changed the ideas behind item unlocks, and they changed the Blutsauger with it.
Yet they do the same thing with the Powerjack now - I don't know about em.

At any rate, I anticipate a pretty major rebalance and bugfix update either this week or next week. As with every other update ever, there are several unforeseen issues that they have always resolved in the following week.
: [1]  
« previous next »
: