Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 10:38:04 AM

:    
Interested in joining The Elders?  Post all your information in our forums http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Server Forum
| |-+  Team Fortress 2 Pub (72.5.152.147) (Moderators: SConforti, Smurfette)
| | |-+  Would you like to see any of the following done?
« previous next »
: Would you like to see any of the following done?
Demoman stickies increased (total capacity)
Demoman stickies increased (per clip)
Demoman grenades increased (total capacity)
Demoman grenades increased (per clip)
Soldier rockets increased (total capacity)
Soldier rockets increased (per clip)
Player speeds changed (List what class in a post)
Multiple engieneer buildings (List how many of each in a post)
Splash damage on demoman and soldier projectiles decreased (list what ones in a post)
Limit number of sappers a spy can carry (List how many in a post)
Cost of engineer buildings reduced (Post what you think they should be)
Build time of engineer buildings (Post what you think they should be)
Other (Please post below)
Do not change any of these items

: [1] 2
: Would you like to see any of the following done?  ( 1668 )
Video_Master
Inactive
Godlike

: 1378

MSN Messenger - david_ulbrich@hotmail.com AOL Instant Messenger - my69ponycar
« : August 12, 2009, 07:30:16 AM »

please vote and list any thing else that you would possible like to see changed and I will see if it is editable.

Thanks,

VM

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #1 : August 12, 2009, 07:38:14 AM »

All these options are essential balance values. I don't think any of them should be changed. Might as well play another game.

Video_Master
Inactive
Godlike

« #2 : August 12, 2009, 07:48:41 AM »

Engie buildings - I think 2 or 3 sentries or dispensers would be nice.  Could be something that changes with each map or only certain days of the week.  Maybe a class limit of engies while this is implemented.

Splash damage - I would definately like to see it decreased, not a lot, but a little bit would be nice.

Sappers - I think that 6 or 8 should be the max amount that can be carried at one time.  An unlimited supply is ridiculous if you ask me.

Smurfette
Forum Slut

: 691

Watch out! I'm armed!

« #3 : August 12, 2009, 10:36:35 AM »

I am tired of being the slow fat Russian!  I would love to be the moderately fast Russian!  I think as a heavy, we are one of the most important parts of the game, not that every class does not do its part.  But we have the most health and can take more damage, and if we have a medic, we are even stronger.  So we need to be able to get to the front lines a little faster.  If there are no tellies, I spend half of a round "waddling" from spawn to the front line.  I think if we even increased the speed by half, that would be great.  Not as fast as the scout, but maybe to solder or demo speed.  Just a thought, since I do play primarily heavy and know the class inside and out!  Speed is definately a factor that slows me down.

Baltika (#9)
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 272

« #4 : August 12, 2009, 11:32:53 AM »

Can you add a vote option that indicates that nothing should be changed?

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

« #5 : August 12, 2009, 11:38:28 AM »

Could be something that changes with each map or only certain days of the week. 

Having a "fun day" on the server might be fun, although, I don't know how much trouble it would be to switch it back and forth for just the one day. Might be fun one night a week though but not all the time.

Video_Master
Inactive
Godlike

« #6 : August 12, 2009, 12:47:56 PM »

Done

SConforti
Forum Pro

: 439

AOL Instant Messenger - sconforti1982
« #7 : August 12, 2009, 01:21:22 PM »

All these options are essential balance values. I don't think any of them should be changed. Might as well play another game.

I agree with Mr. Smurf...BUT I wouldn't mind a Fun Night if it was easy to make the move back to the regular setup.  We should leave it "vanilla" i think that is what it is called. 

Video_Master
Inactive
Godlike

« #8 : August 12, 2009, 02:45:17 PM »

Just to let everyone know, we are no longer considered a "VANILLA" server if we are running custom maps.

As for making the changes, that is easy.  Just takes a reboot of the game itself which happens every morning anyways.

SConforti
Forum Pro

: 439

AOL Instant Messenger - sconforti1982
« #9 : August 12, 2009, 05:47:32 PM »

Just to let everyone know, we are no longer considered a "VANILLA" server if we are running custom maps.

As for making the changes, that is easy.  Just takes a reboot of the game itself which happens every morning anyways.

I'm all for a game night as Mr. Smurf suggested.  Thursday night fun night on TF2 server and we can get the community to give us suggestions of what they may want on that particular night....

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

« #10 : August 12, 2009, 06:36:35 PM »

The settings are still vanilla, regardless of map considerations, so that's what the sever is...or I should say "is about".

InzZzaNe
Cal Players
Forum Member

: 44

Lets get a party going

AOL Instant Messenger - dgrocker13
« #11 : August 12, 2009, 06:54:10 PM »

i mostly think just the total capacity of the demo grenades should be made bigger, i run out fast with 16(?)

Baltika (#9)
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 272

« #12 : August 12, 2009, 07:24:06 PM »

Done
Thanks. 

I obviously voted not to change anything - although I could see playing every once in a while with weird/different settings.

I agree with smurf that the settings are essential for game balance.
Every change has an affect on the rest of the game...it would seem that increasing the capacity would be the least intrusive, but even it would have an impact.

For example, if you increase the capacity for a demoman, he's not going to need to pick up ammo as often - which means that he's going to leave that ammo pack on the ground, which means that it's going to be there for an engineer to use to upgrade their sentry gun quicker, or it's going to be there for a spy to recharge their cloak.

Increasing a soldier's clip size would make it easier to take out SG nests.  Which makes it less fun to play engineer...fewer engineers means less of a need for spies...fewer spies means more snipers.  More snipers means less offense (and sometimes less defense unless the sniper is Video).

I play medic a lot...having faster heavies would be good for me to charge while getting to the front lines, but it would also make it harder for every other class...

I really don't thinkthat messing with the game balance sounds like fun, unless you make enough changes to rebalance everything...

WidowMaker
Supreme Master
Administrator
Godlike

: 1622

AOL Instant Messenger - craygo69
« #13 : August 13, 2009, 05:10:11 AM »

I agree, I would leave thing alone as well. Would rather put up a vote for a FUN night so to speak. All it takes is a quick reboot of the server which happens every morning. We can initiate the config file at a certain time and it will stay running til the server reboots in the morning.

V.I.P.
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1267

MSN Messenger - thejack-07@hotmail.com AOL Instant Messenger - TheJack3171
« #14 : August 13, 2009, 06:32:32 AM »

I am tired of being the slow fat Russian!  I would love to be the moderately fast Russian! 

I'd love to be a soldier that didn't take any damage either...Fast moving Heavies would be severly OP lol.  Not to mention the heavy is the easiest class to pick up and play.  (I'd say medic but they die too easily) I did like the idea of adding to ammunition total capacity for the demoman and soldiers.  I think the clip size should stay the same because increasing it would change the flow of the game.  Oh well theres the input from a CS player.

From VIP to RIP

What the fuck is this shit???

: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: