Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 04:43:46 AM

:    
Welcome to The Elders' Home Page.  New visitors please register here:  http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum to see full site.
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  New to the Community?
| | |-+  Posting on Forums
« previous next »
: [1]
: Posting on Forums  ( 753 )
Fredster
Noob

: 17

« : November 24, 2009, 08:37:02 PM »

So am I the only one who finds posting on forus kinda geeky?...But playing hours of TF2 and L4D2 to be perfectly normal? Like don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are plenty of normal people who use forums but doesn't it seem like we already talk in vent?
Smurfette
TE Senior Member
Forum Slut

: 691

Watch out! I'm armed!

« #1 : November 24, 2009, 09:06:14 PM »

Lol Fred, I have heard others say they are not much into the forums...but this is a good way to express your oppinions on things that we do in our server.  Start here by introducing yourself and tell us a little about you.  How long have you been gaming?  What games do you play?  How long have you been here on our server?  You get the idea.  While those of us who play TF2 know you well, we do have other members who do not know you as well. 

Fredster
Noob

« #2 : November 25, 2009, 01:07:09 PM »

Fair enough. I find my gaming history to be rather ironic per say. I started off late in all gaming worlds, consoles I was always the kid who begged mommy and daddy for a sega just when N64 was coming out. I remember having the slowest computer in the world, in fact it was a gift from my uncle and it came with like fifty oldies games. I started off with flight simulators of military jets and then worked my way into the Army Men games (And I do mean the little green dudes like off of Toy Story), they had an entire series you know.

I played Xbox for the first time when I was invited by a forty year old guy at church to come to halo party all these old guys were having at one of their places. I remember the closes score I got must have been sixth place, maybe a little higher on the rockets only maps but those don't count for skill. That was when I found my calling. It still took a while to get an Xbox but my brother and I started playing halo like mad, it was when halo 2 came out and live was introduced that our skills really started to ramp up. Soon my brother and I were always top two spots at any halo night and eventually all those old guys didn't enjoy playing halo with us any more. We'd just be too damn good for 'em.

It was after a call of duty 3 /halo night that my Xbox got the red ring of death and I kinda gave up on consoles. Mind you in the mean time all my computer gaming buddies were slowly pushing games on me, mostly RTS games because I couldn't stand how twitchy FPS games were on computer. But eventually I sort of rolled into the flow and now I'm a FPS PC kind of guy.

Oh yeah, what kind of games do I play. Right. Well I still can't go wrong with TF2 and the L4Ds. But mostly I play whatever my buddies do, you see we all went to the same school since  (well two of us since grade 3) grade 5 so we hang out all the time. We kinda got separated after high school when Peanut (my friend William) went into computer studies of some sort in Vancouver, but he's back now and working for Bioware here in Edmonton. Zilwicki and Pwnographer (Keenan and Johnny respectively) still live in Edmonton and play games all the time. We used to do LAN parties with...you know. I'm rambling and telling a lot of junk here that no one cares about.

In a nutshell that is the Cole's notes of my video game world.

-Fredster
Smurfette
TE Senior Member
Forum Slut

: 691

Watch out! I'm armed!

« #3 : November 25, 2009, 01:18:29 PM »

Wow Fred - I have learned a lot about you, as I'm sure everyone else has.  I think that is the most detailed introduction we have had on a new comer around here - lol!  But hey, you gave it your all and that is what we like to see.  Welcome to the community and keep making those posts!

Fredster
Noob

« #4 : November 25, 2009, 04:50:52 PM »

Detailed...yikes. I left out so much. You've hear me talk Smurfette, I pretty much roll everything on my mind off my tongue...But hey who can type as fast as I think eh?
: [1]  
« previous next »
: