Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 06:48:12 AM

:    
Want to join us in Vent? Ask an admin for info while in game or PM them here on the forums!
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  New to the Community?
| | |-+  Just joined the forums after some time in the TF2 server
« previous next »
: [1] 2
: Just joined the forums after some time in the TF2 server  ( 2106 )
Mustard
TE Members
Forum All-Star

: 340

« : September 19, 2009, 10:51:42 PM »

Hello everyone, I'm Mustard.

Been playing on your TF2 server on and off for last month or so, really love playing there. Your recruitment seems fairly thorough which I guess is good since everyone in TE seems pretty cool.

I haven't been in a TF2 clan since the game launched and having been around on a lot of different servers haven't really felt the need to try to join any except TE.

The last month or so I've been logging a lot of hours into TF2, though hadn't played before that in nearly 7 months. Been trying to get better at Pyro which seems to be going well. I also have been trying to get better with the Spy, to which my results have been mixed and half the time I end up going back to Pyro to help out the team.

This is getting long winded. Anyway, just figured I'd check you guys out, see what you're all about.  :-D

TE-r | JuggerNuke: i am just thinking into an endless blackhole now

Video_Master
Inactive
Godlike

: 1378

MSN Messenger - david_ulbrich@hotmail.com AOL Instant Messenger - my69ponycar
« #1 : September 19, 2009, 11:07:41 PM »

Welcome to the forums!!!

Have seen you in game a lot.  Keep up the practicing as Pyro and Spy and it will only get better and better.

Mustard
TE Members
Forum All-Star

« #2 : September 19, 2009, 11:26:04 PM »

Thanks man, just don't hate on me too bad for being a so-so spy.

Video_Master
Inactive
Godlike

« #3 : September 19, 2009, 11:27:19 PM »

no hate at all.  Everything takes practice.  I have over 200 hours in Heavy and over 200 into Sniper and 190 into Scout so I know how it can be to practice alot.

Smurfette
TE Senior Member
Forum Slut

: 691

Watch out! I'm armed!

« #4 : September 20, 2009, 09:05:18 AM »

Mustard!!!!!  Welcome!  I have had you on my friends list for a few weeks now.  It is always fun to play tf2 with you!  Trust me when I tell you these guys have patients for new ppl.  I started playing tf2 with absolutely no gaming experiance at all, and they had the best patients with me and helping me learn.  I am glad to see you joined us in the forums, now maybe you would be interested in joining us in vent?   :dontknow:  We have a lot of fun there.  If you need anything, feel free to ask.  We are here to help.   :-D  Look forward to many more games.

V.I.P.
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1267

MSN Messenger - thejack-07@hotmail.com AOL Instant Messenger - TheJack3171
« #5 : September 20, 2009, 12:41:26 PM »

Welcome to the forums, glad you created an account to talk to us.

From VIP to RIP

What the fuck is this shit???

TE_Taylormade
TE Senior Member
Forum Enthusiast

: 168

« #6 : September 20, 2009, 01:16:53 PM »

Welcome Mustard,

Look forward to playin with ya in the near future
Mustard
TE Members
Forum All-Star

« #7 : September 20, 2009, 05:23:38 PM »

I would love to join you guys on vent, but it's gonna have to wait a little bit. I'm having sound card driver issues since upgrading to Win7 Pro and my mic comes out with with this terrible low end bass sound.

I'm doing a full upgrade to my PC in a few weeks, which will include a shiny new sound card. So for now, it's text only for me. Which I hate while playing cause it really cuts down on communication.

Giant Flying Head
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1199

Giant Donkey

MSN Messenger - ryoga81@hotmail.com
« #8 : September 20, 2009, 05:24:41 PM »

Welcome to the forums good Sir.

"Feel the wrath of my giant head" - Elmer Fud
Video_Master
Inactive
Godlike

« #9 : September 20, 2009, 05:49:10 PM »

I would love to join you guys on vent, but it's gonna have to wait a little bit. I'm having sound card driver issues since upgrading to Win7 Pro and my mic comes out with with this terrible low end bass sound.

I'm doing a full upgrade to my PC in a few weeks, which will include a shiny new sound card. So for now, it's text only for me. Which I hate while playing cause it really cuts down on communication.

What kind of sound card are you getting? If you want I have a almost brand new Creative Labs Sound Blaster Fatality Titanium Professional etc...  that I am looking to get rid of for a good price compared to what you would spend new in a store or online.

Mustard
TE Members
Forum All-Star

« #10 : September 20, 2009, 06:39:09 PM »

Well, to be honest, I'm really only looking for something fairly simple. Around this range:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829102017

I mostly game using my headphones, so I'm not really looking for big sound. Right now I really just want something that works. What you have is really nice, it's going for $140 at retail, but I'm not looking to spend that much and it'd be a rip off for you to go down to what I'm willing to spend on a sound card.

I wouldn't be so cheap, but I also need a new GPU, RAM, Power Supply, and some new cooling fans.

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #11 : September 21, 2009, 07:06:41 AM »

Welcome to the forums! Don't worry, you need a good 40 hours with the spy to even start to understand it, it's the most difficult class to master with the highest skill ceiling

Video_Master
Inactive
Godlike

« #12 : September 21, 2009, 07:43:47 AM »

Well, to be honest, I'm really only looking for something fairly simple. Around this range:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829102017

I mostly game using my headphones, so I'm not really looking for big sound. Right now I really just want something that works. What you have is really nice, it's going for $140 at retail, but I'm not looking to spend that much and it'd be a rip off for you to go down to what I'm willing to spend on a sound card.

I wouldn't be so cheap, but I also need a new GPU, RAM, Power Supply, and some new cooling fans.

I would sell you my card for $50 plus shipping.  I seriously have no use for it.  That is even cheaper then the one that you posted.

Mustard
TE Members
Forum All-Star

« #13 : September 21, 2009, 10:26:59 AM »

Ok, well, $50 plus shipping sounds great. Can you wait a week or two though, I'm expecting a bonus check.

Mustard
TE Members
Forum All-Star

« #14 : September 21, 2009, 10:42:37 AM »

Welcome to the forums! Don't worry, you need a good 40 hours with the spy to even start to understand it, it's the most difficult class to master with the highest skill ceiling

Yeah, I've got about 28 hours total into it, but much of that is from when the game first came out. It pretty well goes without saying that being a spy back then was considerably easier, since no one knew to look for you. Now it's a whole new ball game. But I do notice myself getting steadily better at it. Constantly learning new things, getting higher in ranks, becoming an actual help to me team, etc.

: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: