Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 05:05:58 PM

:    
Welcome to The Elders' Home Page.  New visitors please register here:  http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum to see full site.
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Join The Elders
| | |-+  Highsight
« previous next »
: [1] 2
: Highsight  ( 1844 )
Highsight
Users
Forum Member

: 88

« : December 05, 2007, 02:31:42 PM »

Any chance I can join?  I'm in the server just about every day, so some of you may know what I can do.  I suck solo, but in a good team, I can really make a killing. >=)

WidowMaker
Supreme Master
Administrator
Godlike

: 1622

AOL Instant Messenger - craygo69
« #1 : December 05, 2007, 02:35:31 PM »

Hey highsight, we have actually put a hold on our recruitment right now to restructure things a little. We want to get some divisions created and clean up our roster. Don't worry we will be recruiting again maybe by the first of the year so hang in there, get in our vent channel and your time will come.

Widow

HongKongPhooey
Administrator
Godlike

: 3832

I know The Elders Rules me!

« #2 : December 05, 2007, 03:08:35 PM »

Widow's post was meant more from the css side.  We currently have a boat load of css members some of which aren't as active as we would like so we will soon be having some restructuring meetings but they might not occur until after the holidays.  If you are a TF2 player then I believe we will still be recruiting TF2 players to help build a TF2 community as well as a CSS community within TE.  Just take a look at the requirements, you will need to be active in ventrilo and the forums and need to spend some time in the TF2 server (if in fact you play TF2) to be considered.  In addition we ask that you take your time and post in relevant reccent topics and not just spam topics to get the 20 posts.  Our members frown upon that tactic and the voting would not go in your favor if they perceive your posts as spam to build up the post count.

Number One Super Guy!!!

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #3 : December 05, 2007, 04:15:56 PM »

He's a TF2 player alright...see him in the server almost every time I'm on. Would be a good TF2 recruit. Stay active on the forums, the server and get into vent and get to know us and when we figure out what we're doing we'll let you know...BTW I'm rarely on vent when I play TF2 cause my performance suffers (crappy laptop) but I am from time to time so stop in and say hi.

Highsight
Users
Forum Member

« #4 : December 05, 2007, 04:24:10 PM »

WidowMaker:  Sounds good, I'm in no rush, once you clean up the roster, I'll be here. ;)
HongKongPhooey: I was refuring to TF2, but I am a CSS player as well (not as much but still.)  I'll post some more and come back later, and I'll try to get on vent, but I can't guarantee that as of right now.
Hitman Smurf:  Haha, another lappy user, I never would have guessed. XD  You're a pretty sweet sniper for someone who uses a touchpad.

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

« #5 : December 05, 2007, 04:50:44 PM »

Hitman Smurf:  Haha, another lappy user, I never would have guessed. XD  You're a pretty sweet sniper for someone who uses a touchpad.

At tax time I'm building a new kick-arse system so no lappy soon...and I don't use the touchpad...I have my Logitec MX518 plugged into the USB LOLThanks for the sniping props.

Elite_Prophet
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1724

HIs Judgement Cometh...and That Right Soon

AOL Instant Messenger - DarkMiNapoli
« #6 : December 05, 2007, 07:12:35 PM »

Just letting you know, he the smurf hacks

So Let It Be Written, So let it be Done

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

« #7 : December 05, 2007, 07:54:38 PM »

Just letting you know, he the smurf hacks

Just cause Im always pwning you doesnt mean I hack  :flamed:

Thalan
"THE TICK"
Inactive
Forum Freak

: 257

WIDOW pwns me in GUN GAME!!!

« #8 : December 06, 2007, 07:31:20 AM »

yeah hes in our server alot and smurf is just trying to cover for how much he really sucks always blaiming the laptop shame on him
Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

« #9 : December 06, 2007, 05:44:58 PM »

yeah hes in our server alot and smurf is just trying to cover for how much he really sucks always blaiming the laptop shame on him

True, I often blame my laptop but if you had a max of 25 FPS in CS:S and 20 in TF2 then you'd be blaming your laptop too. Wait till I build my new system, then if I still suck, well, I still suck...we shall see.

Highsight
Users
Forum Member

« #10 : December 06, 2007, 05:52:41 PM »

Lol, just guy a new one.  I got mine at www.ibuypower.com and usually I get a good 40 FPS.

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

« #11 : December 06, 2007, 05:54:39 PM »

Lol, just guy a new one.  I got mine at www.ibuypower.com and usually I get a good 40 FPS.

I don't want another laptop, this one works for what I bought a laptop for, but I do want a monster 400 FPS super-computer for gaming...so thats what I'm gonna build.

Highsight
Users
Forum Member

« #12 : January 08, 2008, 07:08:17 PM »

Sooooo.... you guys recruting again yet? :P  I'd still love to join. :)  Also, I read you wanted 21+ members... I'm 17, is that close enough? XD

LaxMan
OBSESSED

: 838

« #13 : January 09, 2008, 01:58:58 AM »

Depending on maturity some younger members are let in. But recruitment time for members under 21 can be 3-4 months long at the longest. Also it would help your case if you visited the fourms more and got to know the members

Video_Master
Inactive
Godlike

: 1378

MSN Messenger - david_ulbrich@hotmail.com AOL Instant Messenger - my69ponycar
« #14 : January 09, 2008, 07:30:09 AM »

And just to add to Lax's post, we are still on a freeze for recruitment right now.  It will be around February when we start again.

: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: