Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 12:21:45 AM

:    
Interested in joining The Elders?  Post all your information in our forums http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Pc Help/Tweak Page (Moderator: snyper133)
| | |-+  Network Problem
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Network Problem  ( 2175 )
DEATHHAVEN
Inactive
Forum Member

: 84

« #15 : April 22, 2008, 09:27:06 PM »

the fing comcast support told me that vista is having problems with the tcpip stack and to call them     bout to tell them to go pound sand
DEATHHAVEN
Inactive
Forum Member

« #16 : April 27, 2008, 10:53:15 PM »

just installed xp    im on again f vista
TE | Hypo
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 266

Your Moms <3 me

Yahoo Instant Messenger - Hypocrisy71
« #17 : April 30, 2008, 12:13:41 PM »

I work with Citrix and VPN tunnels using SSL vs. IPSEC tunnels.  our VPN from citrix sticks a shim in the tcp stack in all OS's.  However, now that I am running our first vista laptop in the domain, I've noticed vista gets really dumb when it comes to communication between wireless and hardwired, and the stack does not recover well AT ALL when you do funky things to it midstream.  I was frozen on the GG server the other night.  I alt-tab'd out and came back to nothing, but couldn't kill the STEAM or anything to make the game go away so I yanked the plug and rebooted.  haven't had it happen again, but vista is STILL needing some tweaks.

oh and SP1 is just as big as the friggin OS's original install if that tells you anything about how buggy it might be.

sheeesh.  game box is staying at XP FTW.

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, thank one for it.
DEATHHAVEN
Inactive
Forum Member

« #18 : May 10, 2008, 12:08:20 AM »

you ever fix it??
HongKongPhooey
Administrator
Godlike

: 3832

I know The Elders Rules me!

« #19 : May 10, 2008, 06:24:29 AM »

No lol.

Number One Super Guy!!!

DEATHHAVEN
Inactive
Forum Member

« #20 : May 11, 2008, 12:27:47 AM »

try updating the chipset and lan drivers
HongKongPhooey
Administrator
Godlike

: 3832

I know The Elders Rules me!

« #21 : June 06, 2008, 07:36:19 AM »

Lol, not to bring up an old subject but I finally got it working.  Of course it is after I reformatted.  I tried numerous fixes that I found on line then I found this website:  http://www.daniweb.com/forums/thread73818-18.html

To summarize my problem I could not get the pc to see my router.  Basically all I did last night was disable TCP/IP, IPv6, change the TCP/IP, IPv4 properties by manually entering the ip, gateway and dns addresses.  For the primary DNS address I put in the same address as the gateway.  When that didn't work, I went to plan be which was shutdown the PC and shut down the powersupply like someone had suggested in last page of that thread.  Turned the power supply back on, restarted the PC and bam I had internet.  Still do not understand the logic of shutting down the power supply but at least it works.

Number One Super Guy!!!

: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: