Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 08:57:36 PM

:    
Want to join us in Vent? Ask an admin for info while in game or PM them here on the forums!
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Pc Help/Tweak Page (Moderator: snyper133)
| | |-+  Is all of this compatible?
« previous next »
: 1 [2] 3
: Is all of this compatible?  ( 2746 )
wonder.
Shmotz's Biotch
Godlike

: 4349

Baller

MSN Messenger - JMess_22@hotmail.com
« #15 : January 08, 2008, 02:02:38 PM »

Mine cost me around 2300, But it will last me for a while, and has alot of room for improvement, so upgrading shouldn't be too hard.

http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?topic=5471.45

0G ~ \/\/0ND3RBRE@D

<TE|EasyJ> Death u left ur anal beads on the floor in my bathroom
Ponce
Forum Member

: 41

« #16 : January 08, 2008, 04:46:29 PM »

i have done it. i have designed a system for gaming close to what you have but better and cheaper. i took your designs above and modified it slightly and gave you a better and faster processor for less money and a all around better system for gaming. it took me about an hour and half so dont be too critical on me i did work hard on this but this is a killer gaming system for under a thousand dollars that has twice as much processor, twice as much ram, and twice the video card for under a grand. if you are interested i will help you make this dream system a reality. i have priced everything at microcenter. i have one here in cincinnati and they base there prices to beat (majority of the time) to beat newegg.com i have dealt with microcenter for years and they are great. so here you go here is the system you have been waiting for.

Shit man, thanks. I'll be using most of that, but the only things I'm going to change is I'll keep the PSU I selected in the beginning and the RAM. That SATA drive is badass, didn't even know they made sata drives like that. Also, another reason why the price of the original system I selected went up was because of Vista 64-bit, which I'll still need.. I'm going to order parts from microcenter and newegg, thanks again.

Video_Master
Inactive
Godlike

: 1378

MSN Messenger - david_ulbrich@hotmail.com AOL Instant Messenger - my69ponycar
« #17 : January 08, 2008, 05:25:02 PM »

The 7200.11 Seagate drive is faster then the 10K Raptor X drive.  The Raptor X is 85MB/s sustained rate and the 7200.11 drives are 105MB/s sustained rate.

wonder.
Shmotz's Biotch
Godlike

Baller

« #18 : January 08, 2008, 05:47:30 PM »

Not sure if you did this, but if you get Vista 64, get the system builder.  Its much cheaper, but it doesnt come with support.  But if anything goes wrong, its not going to be the actual software, so back everything up and re-install the OS.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116215

0G ~ \/\/0ND3RBRE@D

MDK22
No Job, No Money, No Car
TE Senior Member
Forum Pro

: 499

AOL Instant Messenger - Uberarchangel
« #19 : January 09, 2008, 12:16:08 AM »

https://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/Wishlist/PublicWishDetail.asp?WishListNumber=6762131&WishListTitle=MDK+%2D+%241%2C591+Intel+Ati+Gamer

Ok here is a link to the wish list i specifically designed around what you wanted.

lickmybarrell
Forum All-Star

: 326

lick my barrel

ICQ Messenger - 14254586 MSN Messenger - chadsp@comcast.net Yahoo Instant Messenger - silvereagle_97
« #20 : January 09, 2008, 01:00:32 AM »

well ponce i am glad you liked in general what i have picked out. the only thing i was going to say is about the ram. corsair is a good brand i agree but OCZ is the brand that i have always used which is the one i picked out for you. with corsair your only buying a name not quality. OCZ is compaired to corsair many of times on forums and you will see that for your money i would definitely go with OCZ over corsair. i know its the only kind of ram i will use in systems. its well built easily cooled and runs great and its not harsh on the pocket. you see you can get double the ram for cheaper than corsair. but ifyou dont believe me do a search comparing corsair to OCZ and you will see.

Video_Master
Inactive
Godlike

: 1378

MSN Messenger - david_ulbrich@hotmail.com AOL Instant Messenger - my69ponycar
« #21 : January 09, 2008, 07:34:06 AM »

OCZ is the ram that I currently use which is the Reaper PC2-8500.  I also like Crucial which ranks right there with OCZ.  You can't go wrong with either of those 2.

snyper133
Forum All-Star

: 343

Make sure you get your whole head in front of.....

AOL Instant Messenger - Backswimmer13
« #22 : January 09, 2008, 01:06:28 PM »

Crucial a lot of times is better than OCZ, because of the IC's they use. They use better IC's which are faster and can over clock better. While I am sure you could find them in OCZ as well they tend to be more expensive.

I completely disagree with your views of Corsair. What it ultimately comes down to is do your homework, find out what IC's are being used and you'll find out what the better RAM is.

P.S. A typical MDK build. If your looking to buy I might hold off until ATI and nVidia launch their newer equipment in Feburary.
« : January 09, 2008, 01:08:07 PM snyper133 »

GeoDragon30
TE Senior Member
Forum All-Star

: 347

MSN Messenger - GeoDragon31 AOL Instant Messenger - GeoDragon31 Yahoo Instant Messenger - Twixxster23
« #23 : January 09, 2008, 02:22:08 PM »

tp hell with you leet. :flamed:

wonder.
Shmotz's Biotch
Godlike

Baller

« #24 : January 09, 2008, 03:20:35 PM »

If your looking to buy I might hold off until ATI and nVidia launch their newer equipment in Feburary.

Evga 90 step up program ftw. 

0G ~ \/\/0ND3RBRE@D

Ponce
Forum Member

« #25 : January 09, 2008, 04:11:09 PM »

Not sure if you did this, but if you get Vista 64, get the system builder.  Its much cheaper, but it doesnt come with support.  But if anything goes wrong, its not going to be the actual software, so back everything up and re-install the OS.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116215

Yeah, that's the one I had picked out, even though I don't really know the difference.

https://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/Wishlist/PublicWishDetail.asp?WishListNumber=6762131&WishListTitle=MDK+%2D+%241%2C591+Intel+Ati+Gamer

Ok here is a link to the wish list i specifically designed around what you wanted.

Thanks, and sorry for gettin' off so fast my comp. crashed (why I need a new one) and I had to hit the sack anyway.

well ponce i am glad you liked in general what i have picked out. the only thing i was going to say is about the ram. corsair is a good brand i agree but OCZ is the brand that i have always used which is the one i picked out for you. with corsair your only buying a name not quality. OCZ is compaired to corsair many of times on forums and you will see that for your money i would definitely go with OCZ over corsair. i know its the only kind of ram i will use in systems. its well built easily cooled and runs great and its not harsh on the pocket. you see you can get double the ram for cheaper than corsair. but ifyou dont believe me do a search comparing corsair to OCZ and you will see.

I actually had some Raptor RAM picked out. I don't have the link on me but when I get home I'll post it.

If your looking to buy I might hold off until ATI and nVidia launch their newer equipment in Feburary.

I'll be ordering everything sometime around late February early March, so I have some time to get everything straightened out and take advantage of any good deals that come along.

Ponce
Forum Member

« #26 : January 09, 2008, 06:25:12 PM »

Nevermind I was wrong. It isn't Raptor or whatever, it's Patriot.

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16820220227

MR|337
Inactive
Godlike

: 1261

« #27 : January 09, 2008, 06:55:14 PM »

Might be able to save a few more bucks on this combo:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=3557020&sku=MCM-680ILT-Q6600A&CMP=EMC-TIGEREMAIL&SRCCODE=WEM1541C

MDK22
No Job, No Money, No Car
TE Senior Member
Forum Pro

: 499

AOL Instant Messenger - Uberarchangel
« #28 : January 10, 2008, 10:56:03 AM »

Mr Leets is a good deal. I like it as for ram the only ram I trust is Corsair and OCZ. People have very few problems with either. The system I put up there is able to do some minor overclocking later on so you can get an extra few months out of it when the time comes. First rule of overclocking is only do it when you have the money ready for your new system. this way if something dies you can replace it and it will also give u some more time to either get more money or wait for new tech. i have been putting together builds for a long time for tons of people.

The brands that i trust.

Processor:         Intel and AMD      having an AMD now I am more partial to Intel.
Video - ATI:      ATI, Visiontek
Video - nVidia:   eVGA, XFX, BFG
Ram:                Corsair, OCZ
Hardrive:           Maxtor, Seagate Note: do not get .10 version
CD/DVD Drives:  Asus, Plextor
Floppy Drives:    Samsung, NEC
Motherboard:    Asus, MSI
Powersupply:    PC Power and Cooling, Antec
Fans:                Silverstone, Antec
Cases:              Aspire, Apevia
Monitors:          Hanss-G, Viewsonic, NEC, Samsung
Keyboards:        Logitech, Saitek, Virtually Indestructable Keyboard
Mouse:             Logitech
Game Controls:  Logitech, Saitek
Speaker:           Altec Lansing, Creative, Harmen Karden
Headsets:         Sennheiser, Plantronics
USB Keys:         Sandisk
CD/DVDs:          Memorex
Routers:           Motorola, Linksys WRT54 GL, GS only
Modems:          Motorola, RCA
PDA:               Palm, Windows Mobile
Power Strip:     Monster

Ponce
Forum Member

« #29 : January 14, 2008, 01:37:57 PM »

Looks like I'm going to have to order this beast sooner than I thought. My computer is now completely unresponsive. I had to go without CS all weekend :(.. Most of the time it freezes while loading windows, sometimes it gets past but usually ends up freezing before I can log in. It all started with the damn beeping. I'm pretty sure it's because I fucked up the SATA cable while getting the floppy out. The little connector doesn't stay on the mobo completely, so I'm going to get a a new cable after work and if that doesn't fix it. If not I'll be out of game for a while.

: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
: