Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 05:47:28 AM

:    
Want to join us in Vent? Ask an admin for info while in game or PM them here on the forums!
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Join The Elders
| | |-+  Swade's Application
« previous next »
: [1]
: Swade's Application  ( 675 )
Swade
Noob

: 7

« : November 13, 2007, 09:40:46 PM »

Name: Swade

Personal Information: Currently enrolled in Kutztown University of Pennsylvania working on a bachelor's degree in Anthropology, with minors in international studies, professional writing, and sociology.  Graduating in the Fall of 2008 and volunteering for a two year service period in the peace corps.  I play three instruments semi professionally in two bands.  I play lead guitar and sing in a blues/rock fusion band and keyboard and saxophone in a jazz band, I've been playing music since the age of six when my mom (a piano instructor) got me started on the keyboard.  In case you're wondering, semi professionally means that we have been paid for playing before, but I couldn't make a living doing it so no questions about life touring the US or anything...at least not yet hah. 

My Previous Counterstrike Experience: Began playing in 1999 and joined Team Riot Squad in 2001.  Played in Cal-o for three years with positive records in all but 1 season, was responsible for 90% of our teams terrorist strategies, and a few counter terrorist as well.  I was promoted to officer status six months after joining based on my interpersonal skills and responsibility in dealing with the forum and website maintenance.  Left the clan in 2004 due to personal issues, but was made an honorary member.  Since then I've played off and on, but I'm ready to invest myself in another clan and I feel that TE is the place I'd like to hang my hat.

Other Gaming History: I also am very involved in Everquest 2 at the moment, running a guild with a real life friend and raiding several times a week.  I also play Halo 3, and CoD 4 casually, with no intent on joining any clans for those games.  I also enjoy RPGs both console and PC, including classics like Baldur's Gate, Diablo, Knights of the Old Republic, The Elder Scrolls series, etc etc etc.  I started gaming when I was 8 years old when I received a Super NES for Christmas, and my first game ever was Zelda: A Link to the Past.  One game I'm currently playing and really impressed with is The Witcher, if you are into RPGs and haven't checked this sleeper out, it's well worth it.

Why I Want to Call TE Home:
I happened upon the TE servers purely by chance, and was very impressed by the players I found there.  Not just their skill, but their overall love of the game and respect they showed towards everyone, newbie and veteran alike.  I decided to start playing there more frequently, and it has only gotten better.  As I've gotten to know the members of TE and let them get to know me, I feel like I share their view of the game and I'd like to be a part of the group that they've created.

Thank you in advance for your consideration,
                        Swade

ps. Sorry for the long post, but I feel an application should give insight into who I am and I feel that it was necessary to do that.  Peace be the journey my brothers.

hammertime
OBSESSED

: 981

who does that? seriously

« #1 : November 13, 2007, 10:11:07 PM »

sup man...I went to Lafayette, just graduated last year and know a couple ppl who went to KU.

wonder.
Shmotz's Biotch
Godlike

: 4349

Baller

MSN Messenger - JMess_22@hotmail.com
« #2 : November 13, 2007, 10:24:28 PM »

Good to see ya here man.  A long application is nothing to be ashamed of.  In fact its good to know, and you are one of the only people that actually read the sticky at the top and posted a good deal about you.  We have two requirements.  One is that you get in vent (if you haven't already done so) to get to know the guys.  The other is to be active on the forums by having at least 20 posts.  You seem like a cool and down to earth kinda guy.  I have played with you before and never had any problems.  Keep up the good work, and I am sure your chance will come.  See ya in the servers.

~Wonder.

0G ~ \/\/0ND3RBRE@D

<TE|EasyJ> Death u left ur anal beads on the floor in my bathroom
Hit-Man
Forum Enthusiast

: 195

Die-Hard Cowboys Fan !!

Yahoo Instant Messenger - kellysduncan
« #3 : November 14, 2007, 12:37:55 AM »

Dammm this looks like a RESUME...LOL....Kool guy to play with, needs to get into VENT, so we can get to know him. And try to get into some of the other servers, like GG, and TF2, as much as possible. good Luck Bro.!!!  :headbang1: :headbang1:

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #4 : November 14, 2007, 08:41:04 PM »

Played with him alot, referred him here and glad I did, with such a well-thought out and informative app. Get in vent and get to know us and stay active in the forums. Welcome to the community.

: [1]  
« previous next »
: