Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 03:33:06 PM

:    
Want to join us in Vent? Ask an admin for info while in game or PM them here on the forums!
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Pc Help/Tweak Page (Moderator: snyper133)
| | |-+  Need advice on new computer speakers...
« previous next »
: [1]
: Need advice on new computer speakers...  ( 585 )
Bruiser
Noob

: 20

« : May 16, 2008, 05:59:05 AM »

I'm redoing my computer room at the moment (reason I'm not in the tf2 server much) and it's going to be a gaming room/weight room. I want to buy good computer speakers that I could possible mount on the walls...a 5.1 system. What speakers are you guys using and what do you recomend?

Anyone have this? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836121120

it's a lot of $ and not sure if it would be worth it but I would use it for gaming, movies and when I rock out lifting  :headbang1:

Bruiser
Noob

: 20

« #1 : May 16, 2008, 06:04:51 AM »

anyone know if I would be able to hook up the speakers in the link I posted above to a flat screen tv?

It would be awersome if I could hook that system up to my flat screen tv and by pass the computer so if I wanted to watch a dvd in the living room I could.

Luggage
TE Members
Forum All-Star

: 397

Just a normal homicidal piece of sapient pearwood

« #2 : June 02, 2008, 11:23:45 AM »

Kinda late so not sure if this is still of help...

I have the Z5500 speakers and they are very good.  I am an audio enthusiast (not an audiophile by far) and kinda picky about sound - these do the job well across the range as long as you turn down the bass in your equalizer.  I know the speakers have 2 audio inputs so you can use them with TV and computer; also speakers are wall mountable (not very elegant though).  I am quite sure you can hook them up to TV as well.  They'll take a ditial output from the TV since Z5500 has a hub w/ an audio decoder for Dolby Digital, etc.  You can also pull out analog outputs from the TV although not sure if Z5500 hub can simulate surround sound (can get back to you on this if still interested). 

btw, these speakers are great for TV watching since: i) have good mids, ii) rich, dynamic sound, iii) strong sub and iv) speakers are LOUD w/o distortion.

: [1]  
« previous next »
: