Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 07, 2024, 07:35:57 AM

:    
Welcome to The Elders' Home Page.  New visitors please register here:  http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum to see full site.
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Pc Help/Tweak Page (Moderator: snyper133)
| | |-+  Ibuypower.com
« previous next »
: [1]
: Ibuypower.com  ( 1137 )
Combo
Inactive
Attention Whore

: 567

"Fuck the Big Mac"- MR.T

« : January 23, 2008, 07:09:21 PM »

Just throwing this out there but me and my brother have found a nice website. From the looks of it the prices are lower and they put it together for you. www.ibuypower.com  You choose a processor Amd or Intel. Then you pick everything. from the case to how many usb ports you want. I really like the site and without getting a Flatscreen monitor. Maybe can find cheaper or on discount. But the one im getting it around $910. Ill post the stuff after i get out of class.

AntiHero
Forum Enthusiast

: 137

Bodyguard

MSN Messenger - sk8er_craig@hotmail.com
« #1 : January 24, 2008, 01:05:19 PM »

I love that site. It has low prices and good products, also it has payment plans for those who can't pay upwards of 1000 at one time. Also has a ton of freebies and some small features to make your stuff unique.

I saw it die, i watched it die.
wonder.
Shmotz's Biotch
Godlike

: 4349

Baller

MSN Messenger - JMess_22@hotmail.com
« #2 : January 24, 2008, 01:29:34 PM »

On behalf of cyberpowerpc.com I WOLD NEVER BUY A PC from them. The reason....oh so many......

1) My buddy ordered a gaming PC they put in two none sliable cards with only 512MB of RAM.

2) Had a Aquagate LCS for the processor which failed after 8 months, which tech support could not figure out, it took two months for them to realize it was the LCS, and only after I was on the phone with them for 2 hours telling them it was a heating issue.

3) They sent my buddy out a new LCS for the dead one the Aquage S1, problem being it was significantly bigger then the Aquagate that was in there, problem with that is I called up tech support and they told me I could modify he case to get it to fit.

I would never go with a company like cyberpowerpc again. That includes iBuypower.com. If you buy prebuilt get a name brand period.

Seems all good, but building a comp isn't that hard, and when working with a company like this, im sure things are bound to go wrong. 

0G ~ \/\/0ND3RBRE@D

<TE|EasyJ> Death u left ur anal beads on the floor in my bathroom
Ponce
Forum Member

: 41

« #3 : January 24, 2008, 01:35:26 PM »

I've been hearing bad things about these guys for years. You really should build your own. Check out the ratings on these people.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/iBUYPOWER

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM! 

PC arrived with wrong and missing parts. When i called customer service, they said i had to live with the wrong parts and they would send me the missing mouse. 

Several months later, PC started overheating and shutting off, however, the $50 LCD display said that it was room temp. Look in and none of the LCD wires are actually connected to anything! Completely useless! So the liquid cooling system died by a clog in the tube. I dont know why there is any solid material floating in there at all, but when i called they said they would replace. 

I went through the same customer service experience others have written about and after many hours and busy signals asked to speak to the manager, Steve. Steve could care less that i had no PC to use at home and said that i could not return my computer and had to wait until they got in my part before they would ship it. THis is after they already promised to ship it 3 weeks ago. Please trust me, DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. Save yourself the misery of working with their tech support team.

MR|337
Inactive
Godlike

: 1261

« #4 : January 24, 2008, 02:32:28 PM »

Aquagates suck. Mine failed with less than two months use.

AntiHero
Forum Enthusiast

Bodyguard

« #5 : January 24, 2008, 03:38:50 PM »

I only really like ibuypower's notebooks, they're pretty good, not big on their desktops, although i despise pre-made desktops.

V.I.P.
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1267

MSN Messenger - thejack-07@hotmail.com AOL Instant Messenger - TheJack3171
« #6 : January 24, 2008, 06:01:55 PM »

Along withe everyone concluding that building a computer is easy, I find building a computer quite satisfying once the final product is complete.  A nice sense of accomplishment when it boots up for the first time =)

From VIP to RIP

What the fuck is this shit???

AntiHero
Forum Enthusiast

Bodyguard

« #7 : January 24, 2008, 06:25:25 PM »

Along withe everyone concluding that building a computer is easy, I find building a computer quite satisfying once the final product is complete.  A nice sense of accomplishment when it boots up for the first time =)
I bought one pre made, and i took it apart when i learned how computers actually worked, and i replaced parts to make it sexy, and i feel like i built my own computer, and trust me, it feels better to have built it. I'd build a laptop if i knew how.

Highsight
Users
Forum Member

: 88

« #8 : February 09, 2008, 08:44:32 AM »

I've been using this iBuyPower laptop for about 2 years now.

Pros:
Very fast
Very powerful
Very Cheap

Cons:
HORRIBLE design
When something goes wrong, it goes wrong FAST AND HARD.
Usually the one thing that goes wrong can't be fixed by you alone.
Tech Support sucks, REALLY sucks.
When it gets fixed, it just ends up breaking again.

Right now, the only thing keeping my left hinge together is duct-tape, if that were to fall off, the whole screen would fall over.  Here are some images:

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #9 : February 09, 2008, 01:05:46 PM »

Looks like they do some real good work  :headbang:

: [1]  
« previous next »
: