Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 05:53:52 PM

:    
Want to join us in Vent? Ask an admin for info while in game or PM them here on the forums!
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Server Forum
| |-+  CS:S Gun Game Server (72.5.152.47)
| | |-+  different versions of GG
« previous next »
: [1]
: different versions of GG  ( 1060 )
Dingo
Noob

: 13

« : April 30, 2007, 03:17:28 PM »

Ok, I posted this in the "top 150 night with a twist" thread:
http://www.theelders.net/forum/index.php?topic=4541.msg62509#new
but I don't know how many people will go in that thread anymore, so I made one just for this :) 

There's another set of servers on which I play - the Up in Smoke servers http://smokers.nuclearfallout.net
24/7 GunGame:                            72.5.102.37:27015
24/7 Custom Maps, No AWP/auto:  72.5.102.43:27015
24/7 Office, No AWP/auto:            208.146.44.36:27015

their normal CS:S server has a mod on it where people can type "votetheme" and different weapon themes can get voted upon if enough people start the vote.  Sorta like RTV, enough people have to VOTETHEME before a vote comes up.  There's pistol/shotty where you automatically get a pump shotty and you pick which pistol you want, then there's scouts/knives, and a couple of others.  They do NOT have this mod/plugin on their GG server.

However, their GG server has some twists.  Ok, going from server reset, the default GG is "classic" - same way yours is set up.  Start with a gun and run around killing shit with that gun until the round ends, unless you CHOOSE to knife.  The WINNER of the map gets to choose the "type" of gungame which will be played on the next map.

GUN/KNIFE
REVERSE GUN/KNIFE
TURBO
REVERSE TURBO
CLASSIC

i think there are a couple of others (a gun/knife mode with altered order or something and a reverse of that), and there used to be a KNIFE MODE where it was ALL just knives, no guns.

GUN/KNIFE mode is cool because once you get a kill with your level's weapon, it switches you automatically to knife.  If you happen to run over a dead guy's gun, it picks it up, then switches back to knife immediately.  You can't use a gun after you kill someone on any given round, in other words.  Reverse gun/knife is just that - reversed weapon order, except nade and knife are still the last 2.  This is great for small to medium maps.

Turbo, for anyone NOT familiar with it, you kill with your gun and you automatically get the next gun in the weapon rotation.  This is extremely useful to pick on large maps with few people in the server.  Makes it move a lot faster.  Using turbo on small maps (i.e., shotty), just makes you insane.  The map ends so damned quick. Hell, get widow on there we'd last 2 rounds...  Reverse is reversed gun order, minus nade/knife

I don't know the specifics on these plugins or if they are complete mods or how much server brain it eats - you'd have to talk to those guys if you're into something like that.  I know this, there are ALWAYS people on that server...

Oh, they have alltalk on 24/7, so don't be surprised if you go there.

fraggle 79

« #1 : April 30, 2007, 04:30:46 PM »

Thanks for the info. I used to play on about 5 servers each day now I spend all my time in the TE
rooms so I haven't had a chance to see some new stuff. I'll check out the GG part today. I'll see if Widow wants to try
it out too. We're always looking for something to keep the game fun and fresh.

:headbang1:

Dingo
Noob

« #2 : April 30, 2007, 06:35:15 PM »

Thanks for the info. I used to play on about 5 servers each day now I spend all my time in the TE
rooms so I haven't had a chance to see some new stuff. I'll check out the GG part today. I'll see if Widow wants to try
it out too. We're always looking for something to keep the game fun and fresh.

:headbang1:

Sweet!  I know that when the TE GG server is dead, there are people on this one.  I like the variety they have, but I enjoy the TE server more because alltalk isn't on and I like the regulars better on TE than UIS.  I can't remember who I was talking about this to in-game a while back, it may have been you.  Anyway, I finally dragged my ass here to post about it lol!
-Dingo

wonder.
Shmotz's Biotch
Godlike

: 4349

Baller

MSN Messenger - JMess_22@hotmail.com
« #3 : May 01, 2007, 05:49:39 AM »

yea, i have played on upinsmoke's gungame.  its cool.  when you win, u can do classic, reverse, turbo, classic with the knife script, all knives or reverse with the knife script. i think thats rather cool.  i also would like a scouzknivez version, and im sure some other people would too.  (mooney, street.)

0G ~ \/\/0ND3RBRE@D

<TE|EasyJ> Death u left ur anal beads on the floor in my bathroom
Dingo
Noob

« #4 : May 01, 2007, 07:10:58 AM »

yea, i have played on upinsmoke's gungame.  its cool.  when you win, u can do classic, reverse, turbo, classic with the knife script, all knives or reverse with the knife script. i think thats rather cool.  i also would like a scouzknivez version, and im sure some other people would too.  (mooney, street.)

Yeah, the scouts/knives thing they have on their office server.  It's sorta like RTV where enough people have to type "votetheme" (instead of RTV), then a weapons them vote comes up - shotty/pistol, scouts/knives, etc.  I'm not sure how long the theme lasts, but it's pretty cool.  I think it goes on until someone gets so many points or kills or something. 

I don't know if the "knife only" version of GG was causing issues or what, but they took it off.  I know they still have it installed, because I played it a few hours ago and one of the admins forced knives only.  There was never a single gun - it was awesome!  No noobs whoring it up, no admins having to sit in spec and babysit instead of getting to play, none of the BS - just straight knifing madness :)

WidowMaker
Supreme Master
Administrator
Godlike

: 1622

AOL Instant Messenger - craygo69
« #5 : May 01, 2007, 07:18:55 AM »

If you can find out what the mod is called or send me a link for it I will look into it. Sounds good though

Dingo
Noob

« #6 : May 03, 2007, 04:20:37 PM »

If you can find out what the mod is called or send me a link for it I will look into it. Sounds good though
Sure thing - I'll look into it.  Not sure how much is involved in integrating it.  The last server I ADMINed (and by that I mean I built the whole damned thing and kept it up and running 24/7, did all the mods/tweaks/etc...) was a 1.6 server, so hopefully they made it EASIER to admin a source server.  Or at least the same...  Anyway, I'll get some info to you.

ETA: contacted the UIS guys and asked about it.  It MAY be all custom-coded stuff, and I'm not sure they'll be willing to share, but I asked.  We'll see.
« : May 03, 2007, 04:36:23 PM Dingo »

Dingo
Noob

« #7 : May 03, 2007, 09:13:01 PM »

Well, as I said, I asked about it.  Unfortunately, it's not a mod.  Here's what they sent back:

Hey Dingo,
Glad you are enjoying our servers. In response to your question, the
scripts you speak of are custom scripted. At this time we will not be
releasing them, if you have further questions about scripts, you should
direct your inquiries to Korath it Up! as he does the majority of the
server scripting.

-Stitch it Up!

Hit-Man
Forum Enthusiast

: 195

Die-Hard Cowboys Fan !!

Yahoo Instant Messenger - kellysduncan
« #8 : May 06, 2007, 11:37:17 AM »

Dammit Dingo, that sux...I've played there and it would be Kool here with the Elders...WTF :headbang: :headbang:..Well, maybe we can come up with something else..It's kool you tried on your end..We'll be seeing you in GG soon..Bro :-D :-D :-D :booty: :booty:

: [1]  
« previous next »
: