Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 02:52:18 PM

:    
Welcome to The Elders' Home Page.  New visitors please register here:  http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum to see full site.
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Server Forum
| |-+  CS:S Gun Game Server (72.5.152.47)
| | |-+  Changes to GG Server?
« previous next »
: What would you like?
Turbo - 6 (50%)
Non Turbo - 6 (50%)
: 11

: [1] 2
: Changes to GG Server?  ( 1930 )
MR|337
Inactive
Godlike

: 1261

« : July 13, 2008, 02:39:26 PM »

To get some increased server traffic I have decided to try turbo mode out today (Sunday). Seems like it's working but I'll let you choose..

Turbo mode makes the game go faster giving a new weapon per kill versus round based non turbo where you only could level more than once if you actually found the next weapon and got a kill or tripple level with a knife..

Vote up.

Mapcycle has been changed and no longer will it default to shotty if only a couple players are on..

wonder.
Shmotz's Biotch
Godlike

: 4349

Baller

MSN Messenger - JMess_22@hotmail.com
« #1 : July 13, 2008, 04:13:52 PM »

Think we should keep turbo on for alittle to get it populated. 

0G ~ \/\/0ND3RBRE@D

<TE|EasyJ> Death u left ur anal beads on the floor in my bathroom
byrnie
SPRITZERS!
Inactive
Forum Freak

: 209

I'll even try to knife you with my skate...

« #2 : July 13, 2008, 04:34:15 PM »

I am for what is best for the server and the community, but I personally prefer the non turbo, its actually the first reason why I started playing here regularly. I really like the idea of getting a kill and then having to earn the right to another level with a knife kill or grabbing a gun for the next level. If it works to improve traffic it should stay but if it doesn't make a difference I vote non turbo is a more fun and more challenging set up

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #3 : July 13, 2008, 08:03:38 PM »

I personally don't like turbo, but I'd rather play on a full server than an empty one.

THE Spaniard
Attention Whore

: 564

Arriba EspaƱa!!!

MSN Messenger - chusvincentusa@hotmail.com
« #4 : July 13, 2008, 10:04:19 PM »

agree with most people, i personally dont like turbo as much as non turbo. However, if it is necessary to populate the server go for it.

I think non turbo is a lot more fun, cause is more complicated to level up, and sure it is slower but that is fine with me, i love the knifing and i dont think many people is gonna want to knife if they can just shoot and level up.

i am cool with playing turbo for a little while, however, i like the non turbo gg server u guys have!!!
 my 2 cents

WidowMaker
Supreme Master
Administrator
Godlike

: 1622

AOL Instant Messenger - craygo69
« #5 : July 14, 2008, 06:52:52 AM »

I think the Turbo servers get more traffic cause all the nubs like the easier game play.  Anyone can get a kill with a gun, it takes skill to knife the shit out of your opponent. It doesn't matter to me what you guys decide, I don't play ANY of the games enough anymore to warrant any kind of trump on the servers.

Maybe set some days to turbo and non turbo. Like fridays Non turbo and turbo on other days.

Widow

byrnie
SPRITZERS!
Inactive
Forum Freak

« #6 : July 14, 2008, 08:00:33 AM »

I got a chance to play with the new changes and the new map rotation is excellent, awesome choice on that one. The turbo, meh not really a fan, there are fewer chances to knife which is depressing, thats my favorite part

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #7 : July 14, 2008, 09:01:46 AM »

That's the thing I dislike about turbo...no incentive to knife, to get that extra level (and that's the fun part).

PRINCESS
Forum Member

: 66

« #8 : July 14, 2008, 11:18:07 AM »

I have to say I dont like Turbo! But like one says, you can't please everyone!
TE | Hypo
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 266

Your Moms <3 me

Yahoo Instant Messenger - Hypocrisy71
« #9 : July 14, 2008, 11:20:02 AM »

ah yes, turbo probably added those users... cuz we had some KIDS on there... I mean young uns.  lotta new blood showed up.  can we make that an RTV choice?  or every 4 maps or 5 maps it cycles back to NON TURBO? 

like it runs through a cycle as turbo, then runs through the cycle as nonturbo?

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, thank one for it.
wonder.
Shmotz's Biotch
Godlike

Baller

« #10 : July 14, 2008, 11:27:09 AM »

I have seen on other servers, that the winner of the map, gets to choose the game type of the next map.  Knife pro only, turbo, or knives only.  I think it could have been custom, but you guys are smart, think we can do something like this?  If you need any help, im around. 

0G ~ \/\/0ND3RBRE@D

crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1570

It's not "CrazyDog" or "Crazy Dog", idiots.

AOL Instant Messenger - Crazydog445
« #11 : July 14, 2008, 04:35:03 PM »

I just played it, don't like it.

I don't know if it's not working right or something, but after a kill, it would either switch to my knife or the next gun, with no pattern. Because of that I don't know weather I should be retreating after I get a kill, or pushing up, since I might end up with a better gun, or a knife.

Also, the automatic gun switching is just really annoying in itself, leaving you open to be killed way to easily.

wonder.
Shmotz's Biotch
Godlike

Baller

« #12 : July 14, 2008, 05:05:23 PM »

the only time it gives you a knife, is because the guns are dropped, and if your teamate is near you, and they only have a pistol, and they can end up picking you your next gun.  thats the only reason, its more or less a glitch. 

0G ~ \/\/0ND3RBRE@D

byrnie
SPRITZERS!
Inactive
Forum Freak

« #13 : July 14, 2008, 05:25:29 PM »

Everytime you have a deagle, no matter where anyone else is, the shotgun does not come up next, only a knife, hypo and i noticed that the other day. Yes the knife comes up everytime you just have to remember to switch and you can push up, but i know what you mean. I do like the idea of voting or winner choosing the next map's setting. I wouldn't mind the turbo sometimes but the non is definately better in my opinion

MR|337
Inactive
Godlike

: 1261

« #14 : July 14, 2008, 07:02:01 PM »

Turbo mode is off..

Nothing wrong with trying it out though...

:sunny:

: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: