Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 11, 2024, 06:10:25 PM

:    
Welcome to The Elders' Home Page.  New visitors please register here:  http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum to see full site.
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Server Forum
| |-+  Team Fortress 2 Pub (72.5.152.147) (Moderators: SConforti, Smurfette)
| | |-+  scripts?
« previous next »
: [1]
: scripts?  ( 596 )
Baltika (#9)
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 272

« : June 23, 2009, 12:51:32 PM »

Does anyone use scripts that they find particularly useful?  Or specific key bindings?

I don't currently use any, and don't think that there are any that I would use for Medic.

As I play around with sniper and spy more, I can't help but wonder if others on the server are using scripts.  Especially scripts that could be argued should have been included as configuration options.  Like the scripts that step down the mouse sensitivity when scoping.  Or scripts that select a random class when disguising.

Just curious.

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #1 : June 23, 2009, 01:16:51 PM »

I have custom class configs for each class I play. Sometimes (like with demo and sniper) I like my secondary fire to be MOUSE2 and sometimes (with classes like spy and scout) I want it bound to jump. It's not confusing for me because A) I'm used to it and B) I play each class differently. The only other "script" I use is a +jump+duck+fire script for the soldier for my max height/distance rocket jump. I can do it myself, it's just more convinient to do it this way for and to do all the other jumps (short distance, going in small spaces) mannualy. I do not, however, endorse the use of the "do it all" RJ script as I'm a firm believer in learning the skill itself, there are different jumps for different situations and the "max jump" isn't always the best option, especially in combat. I only really use the script because I use that jump so often and my hands get cramped during long play sessions from the onset of my "old age" lol. And just so ya know, my stab and sap is all skill and reaction time ;) no script neccessary (I frown on those too). A lot of competitve players use auto-reload scripts but I can do that just as easily with my mouse wheel. I figure anything you can't do yourself, you shouldn't be scripting.

I wish they'd bring back the "equip" cvar so I could script me some different class configurations though :(
« : June 23, 2009, 02:54:46 PM Hitman Smurf »

Luggage
TE Members
Forum All-Star

: 397

Just a normal homicidal piece of sapient pearwood

« #2 : June 23, 2009, 02:07:04 PM »

I hate scripts - whatever action you want to perform, do it yourself!  oldies get a break :)

Spevf
TE Members
Forum Enthusiast

: 185

MSN Messenger - Spevf@hotmail.com Yahoo Instant Messenger - Spevf
« #3 : June 23, 2009, 02:21:11 PM »

Ya i don't use scrpits myself. Its all me. But i do feel your pain  Smurf when it comes to those long game sessions and you hands cramp up. I just crack them and get back into the fight lol. I wonder what wil happen when we get even older? We may have to use scripts for everything. LOL

Giant Flying Head
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1199

Giant Donkey

MSN Messenger - ryoga81@hotmail.com
« #4 : June 23, 2009, 04:02:25 PM »

The only bind I have is the admin one!  :-D

"Feel the wrath of my giant head" - Elmer Fud
: [1]  
« previous next »
: