Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 03:22:16 AM

:    
Interested in joining The Elders?  Post all your information in our forums http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Server Forum
| |-+  Team Fortress 2 Pub (72.5.152.147) (Moderators: SConforti, Smurfette)
| | |-+  Suggestion Box
« previous next »
: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17
: Suggestion Box  ( 26050 )
Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #150 : September 21, 2009, 11:40:41 AM »

I love the team killing plug-in, it's half the reason I started playing here.

Yeah, that little mayhem break at the beginning of the round is a good stress reliever and general good times.

Baltika (#9)
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 272

« #151 : September 21, 2009, 03:13:06 PM »

I love the team killing plug-in, it's half the reason I started playing here.

Yeah, that little mayhem break at the beginning of the round is a good stress reliever and general good times.

The only two problems I have with the mayhem at the beginning of the round are:
1.  There's not one after the teams switch.
2.  I haven't heard the complaint, but I could see how a Red engineer might get frustrated if you're rapid firing and let off an extra shot or two after the round starts...and as you make your way across the map, you (accidentally) steal some metal from an engineer to replace that extra rocket.  Wouldn't happen if there was no stress relief.

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

« #152 : September 21, 2009, 05:08:45 PM »

Pro tip: go to the supply cabinet on your way out.

Baltika (#9)
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 272

« #153 : September 22, 2009, 09:13:04 AM »

I DO  I was thinking about all the other not-paying-attention-to-anything-but-themselves players.

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

« #154 : September 22, 2009, 09:45:33 AM »

I DO  I was thinking about all the other not-paying-attention-to-anything-but-themselves players.

I thought this was "TF2 common sense". Guess we get a lot of noobs.

Smurfette
Forum Slut

: 691

Watch out! I'm armed!

« #155 : September 23, 2009, 09:38:33 AM »

OK - maybe I'm being picky, and I'm sure you all will tell me if I am...but You know me - I'm gonna give my opinion anyway!

I do like the pre-round mayhem....however, it is getting a little annoying.  Not that it is not a good stress reliever, but it is mass chaos.  I guess I am just board with it really.  I admit I was the first to say put it on, and I also encouraged extending the time from 30 sec to 60 sec...but I think I have changed my mind.  I find that I will not join a team until it is all over with, or at least at the last 10-15 sec.  I guess the novelty of it has worn off with me.  Maybe we should reduce it back to 30 sec?   :dontknow:

crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1570

It's not "CrazyDog" or "Crazy Dog", idiots.

AOL Instant Messenger - Crazydog445
« #156 : December 31, 2009, 03:25:03 AM »

Could we consider getting this on the server?

Seems VALVe decided to nerf the Buff Banner by resetting the rage meter to 0 on a resupply locker. Since my players don't like much this, I made this small plugin to reapply the rage amount by recording the value prior to it's reset on the regeneration, and setting it again afterwards.
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1029662

SConforti
Forum Pro

: 439

AOL Instant Messenger - sconforti1982
« #157 : December 31, 2009, 06:02:24 AM »

Could we consider getting this on the server?

Seems VALVe decided to nerf the Buff Banner by resetting the rage meter to 0 on a resupply locker. Since my players don't like much this, I made this small plugin to reapply the rage amount by recording the value prior to it's reset on the regeneration, and setting it again afterwards.
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1029662

http://store.steampowered.com/news/3284/

Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:
Team Fortress 2
Fixed inconsistent Rage generation with the Buff Banner

This is the way Valve wants it and it should stay like that.

LTK
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 229

« #158 : December 31, 2009, 06:17:26 AM »

I agree with SConforti. The Buff Banner was changed to the way it should be.

Giant Flying Head
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1199

Giant Donkey

MSN Messenger - ryoga81@hotmail.com
« #159 : December 31, 2009, 07:50:48 AM »

I think the fact that it resets may have been an over sight. Cause it's pretty hard to get that thing to top as is right now. Even more so since medics get tunnel vision on our server. 8-) I would love to see this plugin. Fuck what valve wants. It's our server and we can change it how we please. If the community as a whole wants it we should have it and fuck valve.

"Feel the wrath of my giant head" - Elmer Fud
Mustard
TE Members
Forum All-Star

: 340

« #160 : December 31, 2009, 09:43:54 AM »

Seems like a minor thing to me either way. If you're using the old launcher the thing fills up pretty fast anyways.

I don't totally get the mentality of keeping it the way it is cause that's how valve wants it. This isn't MW2, Valve gave players the option to change whatever they want and play the game how they want to play it, which would also fall under "how valve wants it".

But I don't see why this would be considered any kind of major nerf, it would only have an affect at the start of the match and as I said, it's not hard to fill that bar with the old rockets cause of the splash damage.

TE-r | JuggerNuke: i am just thinking into an endless blackhole now

Giant Flying Head
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1199

Giant Donkey

MSN Messenger - ryoga81@hotmail.com
« #161 : December 31, 2009, 12:09:37 PM »

Seems like a minor thing to me either way. If you're using the old launcher the thing fills up pretty fast anyways.
Not anymore it doesn't.

"Feel the wrath of my giant head" - Elmer Fud
SConforti
Forum Pro

: 439

AOL Instant Messenger - sconforti1982
« #162 : December 31, 2009, 03:55:45 PM »

I thought we do things the way Valves makes it and we are a vanilla server?!

Apple Sauce
Noob

: 17

« #163 : December 31, 2009, 04:01:12 PM »

I think the fact that it resets may have been an over sight.
Actually this is what I think he meant to quote from the changelog,
Quote from: Valve
Fixed resupply cabinet not clearing the rage and the buff status effect
Otherwise I could go either way, though the supply cabinets are far enough back on most maps for this to not really be an issue, the only map I could see it being exploited on would be Dustbowl stage 1.

crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1570

It's not "CrazyDog" or "Crazy Dog", idiots.

AOL Instant Messenger - Crazydog445
« #164 : December 31, 2009, 04:25:46 PM »

Well if you read the thread of that plugin, it appears that the change was added as a workaround to fix an exploit.
"They've done this to avoid a civilian bug... "
"Valve had changed this because of the possibility to go civilian as soldier and also because people could exploit it and charging the rage meter with the shotgun"
"I think valves intention was for the rage meter to clear on death and equipment swap (which thier patch fixed but also makes it so you lose existing rage when you hit resupply). They did this for the exploits that someone posted about before."

It seems valve decided to add this "feature" instead of taking longer to fix those bugs.
Nobody seems to be sure if this plugin re-enables those exploits, but if it doesn't, I don't see why we couldn't use it.
As one poster states:
"Ah... Valve nulls the buff banner on resuply locker, because this would cause rocket spam on Arena\DM servers. So this plugin is useful on common public servers. But use-less on dm\arena servers or on small maps."
We don't play arena or instant respawn, so this wouldn't be too much of an issue.
Also, I don't see how the first stage of dustbowl could take advantage of this any more than any other stage. Because they reduced the amount of rage you get so significantly, it really wouldn't make a difference if someone was standing at the resupply locker and spamming rockets. I got three kills with the regular rocket launcher yesterday (with no assists!) and my rage meter wasn't even halfway charged. I really doubt someone could get more than 6 kills spamming rockets from the resupply locker in dustbowl 1.

: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17  
« previous next »
: