Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 03:22:27 AM

:    
Welcome to The Elders' Home Page.  New visitors please register here:  http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum to see full site.
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Server Forum
| |-+  Team Fortress 2 Pub (72.5.152.147) (Moderators: SConforti, Smurfette)
| | |-+  Steam Account Disabled.
« previous next »
: [1] 2
: Steam Account Disabled.  ( 1754 )
Taso
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 253

« : October 14, 2010, 07:45:42 PM »

So today, i was playing TF2 at around 2pm, when suddenly my game crashes and gives me a message I've never even seen before, something like your game lost connection to Steam, i clicked ok and guess what..my Steam crashed as well forcing me to reboot my computer.

Here's where i get REALLY pissed.
I turn my PC back on, only to see that my internet doesn't even work at all which may have been caused by Steam. I load up Steam and type my account info and it says my account has been disabled. I already sent in a steam ticket and ill see what they say about this. I've never hacked, never been hacked, and don't plan on hacking anytime soon, so if they can't do anything about for whatever stupid reason, then my gaming days will be over. I'll let you guys know in about a week.

You can make the server more fun by not allowing Taso's ass to play a spy. K thx -Chesty Puller
crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1570

It's not "CrazyDog" or "Crazy Dog", idiots.

AOL Instant Messenger - Crazydog445
« #1 : October 14, 2010, 08:17:10 PM »

I told you not to hack. =/

Taso
TE Members
Forum Freak

« #2 : October 14, 2010, 08:55:16 PM »

Yeah, i couldn't help it, i suck without 'em.

You can make the server more fun by not allowing Taso's ass to play a spy. K thx -Chesty Puller
Giant Flying Head
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1199

Giant Donkey

MSN Messenger - ryoga81@hotmail.com
« #3 : October 15, 2010, 04:28:18 AM »

You suck with them!!! :lol:

"Feel the wrath of my giant head" - Elmer Fud
Frag_68
Forum Member

: 99

« #4 : October 15, 2010, 04:37:59 AM »

The crates & natasha I gave you... yeah.  Pwnd.  :P

No, seriously that sucks.  Hopefully they'll work with you on that but I could see it going either way.  Ugh.

Fraggle79
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 209

« #5 : October 15, 2010, 09:58:36 AM »

Go to your steam profile and delete client registry blob,   sometimes this helps with weird issues.
V.I.P.
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1267

MSN Messenger - thejack-07@hotmail.com AOL Instant Messenger - TheJack3171
« #6 : October 15, 2010, 11:30:37 AM »

Fraggle's advice is very helpful, I've used it on more than one occasion.  Also, change your password through steam's website...it couldn't hurt.

PS:  I think TF2 is only like 10$ and goes on sale for 5 sometimes through steam...worst case scenario you could still play TF2 for 10$.

From VIP to RIP

What the fuck is this shit???

TheJuggler17
TE Members
Forum Member

: 73

AOL Instant Messenger - thejuggler0017
« #7 : October 15, 2010, 12:25:02 PM »

Not to be too alarming but my experience with Steam tech support has been very bad in the past, I have had my account banned before as well for absolute bullshit issues.

I don't remember if I told you about it, I got a really high score as a Soldier due to a server error of some kind. Sent a message to steam support asking for my score to be altered.
Now this is a minor issue, and in my message to Steam support I even said that, nothing too major but -
They reset my scores, removed TF2 from my purchased games, and banned my account - in response to my tech support request.

After several more messages I got my account reinstated and TF2 back running but did not get my scores back.
Later - ironically - used a hacking tool to set my scores and played times back to what they were before.
Taso
TE Members
Forum Freak

« #8 : October 15, 2010, 12:50:02 PM »

Not to be too alarming but my experience with Steam tech support has been very bad in the past, I have had my account banned before as well for absolute bullshit issues.

I don't remember if I told you about it, I got a really high score as a Soldier due to a server error of some kind. Sent a message to steam support asking for my score to be altered.
Now this is a minor issue, and in my message to Steam support I even said that, nothing too major but -
They reset my scores, removed TF2 from my purchased games, and banned my account - in response to my tech support request.

After several more messages I got my account reinstated and TF2 back running but did not get my scores back.
Later - ironically - used a hacking tool to set my scores and played times back to what they were before.

That just reminded me, when we were playing our Highlander match, the server had a glitch we were playing game me over 2 million points as spy, so yeah that might be why.

crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

« #9 : October 15, 2010, 02:02:42 PM »

That just reminded me, when we were playing our Highlander match, the server had a glitch we were playing game me over 2 million points as spy, so yeah that might be why.

That happened to all of us, and none of us got our accounts disabled.

Taso
TE Members
Forum Freak

« #10 : October 15, 2010, 04:50:34 PM »

Not yet :P

Lyriq
TE Members
Forum Enthusiast

: 123

« #11 : October 16, 2010, 11:47:07 AM »

They're banning "scammers," through the trade system, so maybe there's something someone reported you for

LTK
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 229

« #12 : October 17, 2010, 10:40:41 PM »

They're banning "scammers," through the trade system, so maybe there's something someone reported you for

Just one more reason why monetizing the game leads to headaches.

crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

« #13 : October 17, 2010, 11:18:32 PM »

They should have just made trades anonymous. You tell it what you want to give, what you want to get, and it shows you all the options (for different levels/etc.), and you pick one. That solves the black market problem. You can't trade directly to someone else, but if they can't find a trade, then you can make one and they can pick yours, which would be the only one (although I doubt there'd be many fair trades that wouldn't exist).

Taso
TE Members
Forum Freak

« #14 : October 18, 2010, 09:11:08 AM »

Here's the deal, people have been telling me that Valve keeps a "reciept" of every trade you do, and if it's a "bad" trade then they disable your account.

Anyways, I got a response from a Steam admin yesterday, and he told me to take a picture of my CD key and write down the ticket number above it, then send it to him, and they'll try and solve my problem from there.

I'm 98% sure they disabled my account for scamming someone during a trade, which is just ridiculously stupid because THEY accepted it too, it's not like I stole thier items or something.

: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: