Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 08, 2024, 07:57:33 AM

:    
Welcome to The Elders' Home Page.  New visitors please register here:  http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum to see full site.
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Server Forum
| |-+  Team Fortress 2 Pub (72.5.152.147) (Moderators: SConforti, Smurfette)
| | |-+  medical malpractice
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: medical malpractice  ( 2020 )
Hare Doctor
TE Members
Forum Member

: 52

The Medi Bun

« #15 : August 09, 2010, 11:14:33 PM »

Wow there's alot of good advice here. I have a question.

Are there any specific situations when using the kritzkrieg is far better than uber? Like a specific map/map area, or when you're healing a specific class against a specific enemy setup?

4. During uber, medics should run forward and absorb sentry fire. Only exceptions are when there are sticky carpets or airblasting pyros.
So do you think a medic running forward during an uber should face an incoming pyro to take a blast or just alert their buddy and hope they get them in time? I seem to instinctively look for a sentry first since they stick out in a mob of enemies, and pyro checking might take an extra second or two.

Frag_68
Forum Member

: 99

« #16 : August 10, 2010, 03:49:22 AM »

Kritz is usually ideal when playing defense, especially when there are no sentries.  Beginning of rounds, for instance.  A demoman will be far more productive killing people with a kritz, and sentries with an uber.  I think one of the biggest mistakes people make is trying to kritz the second point in stage 2 of Dustbowl.  Unless you're following up another medic with uber, you're likely going to get owned by a sentry.

Always go for sentries with an uber.  Even if you find none, at least you know the area is clear and you can push out.  You have to keep your team informed so they can follow behind you and deal with that pyro, ready to pounce on the point or take an area when you're done.

A side note... an uber heavy cannot easily take out a sentry if there is an engy on it... kill the engy first.  A good demo can typically take out 2 sentries in one uber if not being harassed by a pyro.  That's why sentries should be built as far apart as makes sense.  Two sentries right next to each other are as easy to kill as one.

Giant Flying Head
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1199

Giant Donkey

MSN Messenger - ryoga81@hotmail.com
« #17 : August 10, 2010, 04:46:48 AM »

As much as I hate the Kritz, it is really good at clearing the field. So far the best classes to use I've seen are Heavy and Pyro. Mostly because they don't run out of ammo easy. I find most of the time with other classes you're spending too much time reloading to really get the full effect. Demo make the best third I guess. Although the pyro one is iffy cause you need an ambush pyro and a ballsy medic.

"Feel the wrath of my giant head" - Elmer Fud
DiscoStan
TE Members
Forum Member

: 95

« #18 : August 14, 2010, 01:34:51 PM »

Wow there's alot of good advice here. I have a question.

Are there any specific situations when using the kritzkrieg is far better than uber? Like a specific map/map area, or when you're healing a specific class against a specific enemy setup?

4. During uber, medics should run forward and absorb sentry fire. Only exceptions are when there are sticky carpets or airblasting pyros.
So do you think a medic running forward during an uber should face an incoming pyro to take a blast or just alert their buddy and hope they get them in time? I seem to instinctively look for a sentry first since they stick out in a mob of enemies, and pyro checking might take an extra second or two.

A pyro that knows what he's doing can nullify an uber by puffing away the medic (into a ditch or into a corner somewhere), so it's really up to the patient to kill him immediately. Same goes for sticky carpets-- medics are a lot lighter than the combat classes, so he can get tossed around pretty randomly and lose track of the patient.

Kritz is less useful on defense ever since the engineer update since it's easier to have offense sentries, but it's still pretty amazing on a demo or a heavy (soldiers run out of ammo too fast). I like to use the kritz in the pub server just because it gets me way more assists. 
Crimshadow
TE Recruits
Forum Member

: 27

« #19 : August 20, 2010, 03:07:24 AM »

I enjoy medic, but I have to say I have never, ever, once, thought about buffing players during actual combat. Before a round sure, maybe while running towards the front, but never when the bullets/rockets/arrows are flying. There are always enough injured people to rule out buffing anyone, no matter the class. My one caveat there is that if you want a buff you can ask. Don't expect me to think, "hey, I bet this person has some strategy in mind that they haven't shared with the team that will be particularly fruitful". First off, by the time I thought through all that I would probably be dead, and second there is no diabolical thinking emote, don't expect me to read minds.

I admit I have probably forgotten to heal a scout before. Being that scouts are the lowest on my heal tree its bound to happen.

I would say the biggest problem is communication. As a medic I am never "insert name here's" medic. That is the dumbest way to play that class. If you want the uber, you can ask, and you'll probably get it. If you are doing well, making progress, and on the front line I may even stay on you for longer than other people. However, I will try to heal others as I go, so even if I am charged I may not stay on you. Let me know you wanna jump to your imminent death and would prefer to be invincible while you do it. That way no one gets there player incinersploded (incinerated and exploded).

And as far as dieing while charged, it sucks. I hate dieing while charged and I assure you I don't want it to happen either, but everyone takes a crit-rocket or gets sniped when they aren't suspecting it. Why are medics the only class that has to take shit when it happens to them?

Taso
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 253

« #20 : September 08, 2010, 07:30:01 AM »

When i play medic, which isn't too often, i HAVE  to buff players or im not doing my job, i just fell it's like a security blanket or something.

Oh and for Kritz always use it on the first stage of dustbowl when you're on defense, you'll find out that killing 3/4 of thier team is quite satisfying.

You can make the server more fun by not allowing Taso's ass to play a spy. K thx -Chesty Puller
Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #21 : September 08, 2010, 10:37:36 AM »

Oh and for Kritz always use it on the first stage of dustbowl when you're on defense, you'll find out that killing 3/4 of thier team is quite satisfying.

Works great on the last stage as well.

: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: