Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 09:49:12 PM

:    
Want to join us in Vent? Ask an admin for info while in game or PM them here on the forums!
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Server Forum
| |-+  Team Fortress 2 Pub (72.5.152.147) (Moderators: SConforti, Smurfette)
| | |-+  Server Stability
« previous next »
: [1]
: Server Stability  ( 676 )
Frag_68
Forum Member

: 99

« : December 21, 2010, 05:48:46 AM »

So, I don't know if anyone has noticed, but the server has been extremely volatile for the last couple of weeks.  I just checked, and it has crashed at least 11 times in the last 14 days.  Often times, as it did last night, this takes a full server and kills it.  I'd be curious if there is a plugin causing this that we could remove, or if it's just the nature of the beast.  I was spot checking some other servers on GameMe, and most of the top, high activity servers are at about half that for crashes.

espon
TE Members
Noob

: 23

not a printer

« #1 : December 21, 2010, 01:29:22 PM »

the new update broke steel so anytime the server tries to go to steel it crashes

Steel is currently broken in-game and will not load. This is because the models in Steel cannot be precached due to the Source engine's precache being full with all the items recently added to TF2. This is a known bug and should be fixed today (Monday).

crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1570

It's not "CrazyDog" or "Crazy Dog", idiots.

AOL Instant Messenger - Crazydog445
« #2 : December 21, 2010, 01:58:54 PM »

the new update broke steel so anytime the server tries to go to steel it crashes

Steel is currently broken in-game and will not load. This is because the models in Steel cannot be precached due to the Source engine's precache being full with all the items recently added to TF2. This is a known bug and should be fixed today (Monday).

Heh. Thanks for the info.

Some of the crashes are just regular updates (6 in the last two weeks). A lot of the crashes this week were right after the update (at least 5 times). Not everything was working, and I most of those 'crashes' are me bringing down the server to update sourcemod and metamod multiple times. I don't think it has crashed organically in a while, except for this steel thing.

Also, as you mentioned, Source isn't the most stable piece of software out there. An occasional crash is to be expected, actually. I'd be suspicious if it DIDN'T crash at *least* once every two weeks.

Also, a thought occurred: A couple more crashes were some sourcemod extensions that I had to remove after the update after the fact, so those crashes were one time only.
« : December 21, 2010, 03:17:46 PM crazydog »

: [1]  
« previous next »
: