Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 03:11:38 PM

:    
Interested in joining The Elders?  Post all your information in our forums http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Server Forum
| |-+  Team Fortress 2 Pub (72.5.152.147) (Moderators: SConforti, Smurfette)
| | |-+  Where has everybody been?
« previous next »
: [1]
: Where has everybody been?  ( 1368 )
TheJuggler17
TE Members
Forum Member

: 73

AOL Instant Messenger - thejuggler0017
« : November 29, 2010, 08:28:39 PM »

Just commenting on the fact that I've not seen hardly a soul in the TE server for more than 2 weeks now.
What's going on these days? I don't even see a lot of folks online anymore.

Maybe I'm just online at the wrong times?
Is there anything I can do to help revive the server?
Frag_68
Forum Member

: 99

« #1 : November 29, 2010, 09:38:41 PM »

I'm as guilty as anyone.  I mean... not that I'm a TE member, but I think I've logged a minute or two on the server.  :)

Been real busy with life things.  Working on buying a new house, working on building a relationship, and ... SC2.  I hopped in to another server tonight and despite playing well, it wasn't nearly as fun as playing with the community @ TE.  I'm going to try to get back into it more, as I miss the people as much or more than the game.  I think Black Ops has pulled a lot of people away as well...

Juggler, add me to your steam friends so you can send me invites when you're in the server.  Should just be Frag_68 for the contact, though I'll be SaintFrag in-game.  We'll revive it if we have to do it ourselves.  :)

DiscoStan
TE Members
Forum Member

: 95

« #2 : November 29, 2010, 11:10:34 PM »

I've been busy but I try to send out invites when I get the chance. Honestly though it's been hard for TF2 to compete with the popularity of Black Ops (among the regulars, at least. I hate MW). Plus the ridiculous polycount update hasn't done the game any favors.

Still, all it really takes is 4 or 6 people playing at once to get the server going, so send out invites if you want help filling the server, I'll usually join unless i'm occupied.
Giant Flying Head
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1199

Giant Donkey

MSN Messenger - ryoga81@hotmail.com
« #3 : November 30, 2010, 05:26:38 AM »

TF2 took a similar hit during World at War. Took me and Smurfette a long time to build a player base again after that!

"Feel the wrath of my giant head" - Elmer Fud
Frag_68
Forum Member

« #4 : November 30, 2010, 03:32:40 PM »

Wow.  The stats say it all.  Well over half of the top 50 players are under 60% activity.

SConforti
Forum Pro

: 439

AOL Instant Messenger - sconforti1982
« #5 : December 01, 2010, 03:57:38 PM »

Kinda sucks.  I hop in vent for a while most nights and just idol waiting for someone to come in.  No action I usually leave.  I like playing with myself in other ways...  :dontknow:

Hare Doctor
TE Members
Forum Member

: 52

The Medi Bun

« #6 : December 01, 2010, 04:49:38 PM »

I'm playing less often recently, but if I'm online or on another server I'd be willing to hop over and see if more people join.

Frag_68
Forum Member

« #7 : December 02, 2010, 09:17:56 AM »

Well, we filled the server last night!  :)  I had a blast even though I only played 2 maps worth.

Taso
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 253

« #8 : December 03, 2010, 08:48:01 AM »

Alright guys, i'm going to start playing more now that i prestiged in Black Ops. I played TF2 with Kline yesterday and we absolutely dominated, so you'll be seeing more of us in the server, and speaking of the server, did anyone update it?

You can make the server more fun by not allowing Taso's ass to play a spy. K thx -Chesty Puller
crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1570

It's not "CrazyDog" or "Crazy Dog", idiots.

AOL Instant Messenger - Crazydog445
« #9 : December 03, 2010, 01:42:30 PM »

I took care of yesterday's and today's updates.

I haven't been around much because 1) my keyboard broke last friday and my new one gets here today, and 2) The semester's over in 13 days, so I'm kinda busy.

After that, I should be able to play more. :P

Taso
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 253

« #10 : December 04, 2010, 09:49:51 AM »

Hopefully we can fill the server again tonight, last night was a success.

You can make the server more fun by not allowing Taso's ass to play a spy. K thx -Chesty Puller
Spevf
TE Members
Forum Enthusiast

: 185

MSN Messenger - Spevf@hotmail.com Yahoo Instant Messenger - Spevf
« #11 : December 05, 2010, 09:40:12 AM »

Sry guys I know that I myself have been gone. But I plan on going back. There are just so many games out there to play.

: [1]  
« previous next »
: