Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 22, 2024, 11:53:53 AM

:    
Interested in joining The Elders?  Post all your information in our forums http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Server Forum
| |-+  Team Fortress 2 Pub (72.5.152.147) (Moderators: SConforti, Smurfette)
| | |-+  Team Stacking
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Team Stacking  ( 1922 )
crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1570

It's not "CrazyDog" or "Crazy Dog", idiots.

AOL Instant Messenger - Crazydog445
« #15 : September 27, 2010, 06:29:43 PM »

I was thinking about this topic at work today and came upon something I thought of before. Perhaps it's not the teams that are stacked, but TF2 that's unbalanced.

We could try playing one day with unlocks disabled, and do some experimentation. :P

Baltika (#9)
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 272

« #16 : September 28, 2010, 09:28:27 AM »

so...

in summary, it sounds like:
- Some people have issue with actual (or perceived) team stacking and would like for some way to prevent/reduce it from happening
- Some people want to be able to play with whoever they want to play with

I fully expect this to be a problem that we don't find a solution for, but I'm willing to keep throwing ideas out there...And I've got no idea if any of this is possible...

- Force auto-assign at map start during waiting for players, keep stats from the pre-round mayhem and use those stats to auto-balance teams.  After the map starts, any player can join any team that's legal?  Admins can unbalance teams to switch to play with someone they want to play with (or make them use the buddy command?)
...still thinking

Giant Flying Head
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1199

Giant Donkey

MSN Messenger - ryoga81@hotmail.com
« #17 : September 28, 2010, 03:49:26 PM »

I was thinking about this topic at work today and came upon something I thought of before. Perhaps it's not the teams that are stacked, but TF2 that's unbalanced.

We could try playing one day with unlocks disabled, and do some experimentation. :P
Getting rid of unlocks would not help the moving sentries problem.

"Feel the wrath of my giant head" - Elmer Fud
Frag_68
Forum Member

: 99

« #18 : September 29, 2010, 04:36:27 AM »

If the regs/TE members take it upon themselves to just hit random every once in a while, it'll help solve the problem.  If it's still out of whack, force a scramble.  No extravagent solution needed.

I don't think messing with the game mechanics/unlocks would solve anything.

Baltika (#9)
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 272

« #19 : September 29, 2010, 09:25:32 AM »

If the regs/TE members take it upon themselves to just hit random every once in a while, it'll help solve the problem.  If it's still out of whack, force a scramble.  No extravagent solution needed.

I don't think messing with the game mechanics/unlocks would solve anything.

Everyone does realize that when a player hits the "Random" button, it's not really random, right?

Pressing the random button assigns you to:
Red - when there are more Blu players than Red players.
Blu - in all other cases.

So if I want to play on the same team as kLine, and he's on Red, but I want to appear to be on a Random team, I just have to wait until Blu has more players than Red and press the Random button.

But assuming that nobody is intentionally being devious (aka working the random button), pressing Random doesn't do anything to solve the "Perceived" stacking.
Assume for a minute that everyone joins random, and there are two TE players on the server.  Odss are 50/50 that they'll be on the same team.  Even though they really joined random, it's still going to be perceived that they "stacked".
Also note that just because there are two TE players on that team, does not mean that the team is actually "stacked".  Tsao and I could actually really, really suck.

I don't mind hitting the random button (and I do)...
but I'm still going Red on PL maps

Giant Flying Head
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1199

Giant Donkey

MSN Messenger - ryoga81@hotmail.com
« #20 : September 29, 2010, 08:02:52 PM »

Hit the random button 99% of the time. Also normally the 1st-2nd one in.

"Feel the wrath of my giant head" - Elmer Fud
LTK
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 229

« #21 : September 29, 2010, 10:14:09 PM »

I am far too tired and my head is pounding, so I'll have to save reading the entirity of this thread for later, but i just wanted to make my opinion clear.

this server stacks way too much and its hurt the community. just my two cents.

: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: