Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 04:44:37 PM

:    
Want to join us in Vent? Ask an admin for info while in game or PM them here on the forums!
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Server Forum
| |-+  Team Fortress 2 Pub (72.5.152.147) (Moderators: SConforti, Smurfette)
| | |-+  New to your server
« previous next »
: [1]
: New to your server  ( 953 )
Taboo
Noob

: 1

« : December 23, 2009, 01:31:31 PM »

Hey all and Happy Holidays!

I stumbled across your server and ran into some really good players! gg's!
I do plan on returning. However last night kinda took me by suprise.
The first time I was kicked for spawn camping was at the end of the map.
I ran into the enemy spawn and torched everyone..got kicked.
Understood. Surprised. But understood.

Second map was a small center control point map, with the spawns a short distance from the center.
Was chasing someone and he just happend to be returning to his spawn to grab health.. but I got him.

What would Jesus do was pretty quick to tell me: Ive been told a million times to not camp the spawns .
And those of you that were there know my reply.
Ive read your rules
Quote from: The Elders
No Spawn Camping!

Camping is defined as:

1.  Closely positioning yourself in a stationary (or nearly stationary) position, or a trap, outside the doors of the opposing teams spawn in a way that prevents the opposing team from having a chance (numbered) to exit their spawn.

2.  Running by the opposing team's spawn to look for (and destroy) buildings should be legal.  Attacking anyone that comes out of spawn while destroying buildings should be legal.  If there are no buildings, or valid targets outside of spawn, you should move yourself such that you're not in the vicinity of the door.

3.  On attack/defend maps, Red should be able to camp Blu, but Blu should not be able to camp Red.

4.  On PL maps (but not PLR), Red should be able to camp Blu until Blu has gotten the cart to the first point.

5.  On traditional CP maps (symmetrical), neither team should be able to camp.

I don't need or want to camp spawns.
But gee.. Don't shout out and label peeps spawn campers if they just so happen to be there.

I'm old, trouble a drama is not my style..Lmao
I just want to be able to frequent your server for some gg's
Peace out; Taboo
Mustard
TE Members
Forum All-Star

: 340

« #1 : December 23, 2009, 02:18:28 PM »

IMHO, sometimes things can be very misconstrued. I've noticed the "no spawn camping" has gotten a little weird and legalistic in recent weeks. Listen, there's a world of difference between standing outside of spawn waiting for people come out and just running by it and taking out the people that are there. Someone even said something to me last week when  I chased someone down and killed them outside of their spawn. There's no rule against chasing someone to their spawn if they are running from you, and their shouldn't be. It just so happened that once I got back there other people came out. Well, I wasn't going to sit there and let them kill me just cause of where I was.

If you run out of spawn, and there's someone there, and you die, don't be all crazy and start yelling about spawn camping. You don't know why the person was there, perhaps they had a legitimate reason to be there, you don't know either way, you just got there. Now if you spawn again and the person is still there, that's a legitimate camp. Let's not forget the word "camping" is in there, if the person isn't hanging around, even if it's at spawn, that doesn't constitute "spawn camping".

I don't know if that's the situation with Taboo here, but it's something I've noticed in general recently.

TE-r | JuggerNuke: i am just thinking into an endless blackhole now

LTK
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 229

« #2 : December 23, 2009, 02:21:38 PM »

I wasn't there, so I'm not sure of the circumstances behind it. Generally you should receive a warning from a TE member concerning a rule violation before any action is taken. And usually kicks and bans only follow repeated intentional violation. If you feel you were not in violation of the rules or were unfairly treated, please PM the administrator who kicked you. Or if you feel uncomfortable with that, you can PM me or any of the Owners.

We're glad to have you as a part of the community, but we do have rules to keep the game fun for the whole group. Sometimes mistake happen, both by community members and by administrators.

LTK
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 229

« #3 : December 23, 2009, 02:26:41 PM »

IMHO, sometimes things can be very misconstrued. I've noticed the "no spawn camping" has gotten a little weird and legalistic in recent weeks. Listen, there's a world of difference between standing outside of spawn waiting for people come out and just running by it and taking out the people that are there. Someone even said something to me last week when  I chased someone down and killed them outside of their spawn. There's no rule against chasing someone to their spawn if they are running from you, and their shouldn't be. It just so happened that once I got back there other people came out. Well, I wasn't going to sit there and let them kill me just cause of where I was.

If you run out of spawn, and there's someone there, and you die, don't be all crazy and start yelling about spawn camping. You don't know why the person was there, perhaps they had a legitimate reason to be there, you don't know either way, you just got there. Now if you spawn again and the person is still there, that's a legitimate camp. Let's not forget the word "camping" is in there, if the person isn't hanging around, even if it's at spawn, that doesn't constitute "spawn camping".

The rules as Taboo posted them (a copy from our decision in member meetings,) is the currently enforced policy about spawn camping. There is some discretion allowed to the administrators of course. But I agree with you Mustard that people are sometimes quick to complain about spawn camping, even when it is not really the case. There are legitimate reasons for moving toward the spawn and fighting there, so long as it isn't obviously just ambushing people as they come out of spawn.

Baltika (#9)
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 272

« #4 : December 23, 2009, 02:44:06 PM »

Hey - welcome to the server, and to the forum.

Look forward to seeing you in game sometime.

One good way to avoid confusion in the future would be to join up to our Vent server...it's fun, and it'd give you the chance to respond to questions/concerns about spawn camping when the person doing the complaining is on the other team.

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #5 : December 23, 2009, 05:34:50 PM »

I personally think people get a little to upset about spawn camping. If your entire team can't kill one guy outside the door maybe it's time to find something else to play. There's been a little too much complaining about spawn camping recently.

Apple Sauce
Noob

: 17

« #6 : December 24, 2009, 01:46:35 PM »

I only have a problem with spawn camping if its the entire team (meaning more than 1-2 people), or if its a demoman placing stickies right outside the door so you are dead before you even know he is there (If you are clos enough to trigger the door you are close enough to get killed by the stickies) . I find that to just be in bad taste.
I agree somewhat with Hitman, but I disagree slightly since most of the time its not the entire team trying to deal with that one person, its usually one or two at a time realizing too late that that person is there and are dead before they are able to do anything.

SConforti
Forum Pro

: 439

AOL Instant Messenger - sconforti1982
« #7 : December 25, 2009, 08:25:07 AM »

I know of 1 person that is constantly complaining about numerous things.  Private msg me admin's for details!

Luggage
TE Members
Forum All-Star

: 397

Just a normal homicidal piece of sapient pearwood

« #8 : December 25, 2009, 02:16:54 PM »

Welcome to the forums

Smurfette
Forum Slut

: 691

Watch out! I'm armed!

« #9 : December 25, 2009, 07:21:16 PM »