Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 08:32:57 PM

:    
Want to join us in Vent? Ask an admin for info while in game or PM them here on the forums!
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Server Forum
| |-+  Team Fortress 2 Pub (72.5.152.147) (Moderators: SConforti, Smurfette)
| | |-+  Class update?
« previous next »
: [1]
: Class update?  ( 1253 )
Juggernuke
Forum Member

: 84

« : September 26, 2009, 11:27:56 AM »

So I was doing some thinking and was curious what everyone thought the next class patch might include for any of the classes since it's tough to think of what the engineer or soldier might get. For example the only thing I thought of was that the soldier gets rockets that work like they do in HL2 where when you shoot them they follow your mouse and you can pretty much control them.

Rally Pig
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 213

AOL Instant Messenger - Evel+knievel31
« #1 : September 26, 2009, 04:50:39 PM »

ive been thinking about this too and its kinda been bugging me cause the 3 left already have good weapons....so how can they change them?

Engie:

I cant see them changing the buildings? since they technically did already

Shot Gun -

Pistol

Wrench

Demo:

Pipe Bomb -

Sticky - Maybe stickys that can stick to people? lol or like in the meet the demo the TNT sticks that you can toss

scrumpy bottle - Maybe something similar to bonk that makes the demo temporarily drunk to run in without uber?

Soldier:

Rocket launcher - i like the HL2 idea but make it so the rocket moves a little faster so its not too easy to control (like in HL2 the rocket will move wherever the "laser" is pointed)

Shot Gun - m16? lol like the snipers smg

Shovel -

wow my upload sucks

Giant Flying Head
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1199

Giant Donkey

MSN Messenger - ryoga81@hotmail.com
« #2 : September 26, 2009, 07:51:27 PM »

What you have to remember is that Valve wants to make the class play different with each loadout. I think a HL2 rocket would be cool but not that fundamently different. Now something like a force rocket, does less damage, launches farther when rocket jumping, and launches opponents father as well. That would change the way the soldier plays for sure.

"Feel the wrath of my giant head" - Elmer Fud
Juggernuke
Forum Member

« #3 : September 26, 2009, 10:31:38 PM »

I forgot about that GFH but it was also just an example still be cool though. The idea of stickies that actually stick to people would be awesome get me playing demo a lot more.

Speng
Inactive
Forum Member

: 87

AOL Instant Messenger - Shiunsai7
« #4 : September 27, 2009, 11:37:33 AM »

For the soldier I was thinking heat seeking rockets that do less damage, or a rocket that splits into several smaller rockets. You could target multple people by holding down fire while moving the reticule over them, then release to fire.

Shotgun could shoot flame rounds that do less damage but work over time.

Not sure about melee.

For demo, something that lays proximity mines, not sure about secondary or melee weapon

Engie should get a battle bot, that they have to operate by remote control, so they have to stand still while looking through the console, so they're bait for any attackers.

Supercallousedfragilemystichexedbyhalitosis
Giant Flying Head
TE Senior Member
Godlike

Giant Donkey

« #5 : September 27, 2009, 01:35:28 PM »

I was thinking about this one for NGs, a trade out for the wrench. The new wrench would dissable the ability to upgrade your dispenser, but if you hit an ally with it, it will give 100% chance of critz on next shot, and would chew up 50 metal. That would totally change the way NG plays. I should start submitting some of these to Valve! LOL

DiscoStan
TE Members
Forum Member

: 95

« #6 : September 27, 2009, 08:31:03 PM »

Soldier unlocks would be tricky. The class is pretty balanced as it is right now, so it'd be quite easy to screw up whatever equilibrium they have now with some poorly designed weapons. Also a lot of the advantages to the class depend on using environment advantages (getting the high ground) and backing off when the odds are stacked. Best idea I can think of is a Natascha-esque rocket launcher: reduced damage, increase clip size, and reduced self-damage on rocket jumps. That'd allow the soldier to hop around the map more often without damaging himself to the point where he can't fight or make a quick getaway.
BearDog
Inactive
Forum Member

: 44

« #7 : October 22, 2009, 04:19:30 PM »

any rumor about when they will release the next class?

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #8 : October 23, 2009, 08:41:38 AM »

Class updates seem to come every 3-4 months. The soldier will be the most difficult class to update because he is so well balanced. I can't even think of what they could do to make him play differently.

BearDog
Inactive
Forum Member

: 44

« #9 : October 23, 2009, 11:04:35 AM »

Class updates seem to come every 3-4 months. The soldier will be the most difficult class to update because he is so well balanced. I can't even think of what they could do to make him play differently.

So we are overdue since the spy/sniper update was in may.

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #10 : October 23, 2009, 11:47:02 AM »

So we are overdue since the spy/sniper update was in may.

not really, the classless update counts  :-D

Blackberry Pie
Noob

: 1

« #11 : October 23, 2009, 12:02:54 PM »

I think the soldier should get this for an update...

1. Rocket Propelled Chainsaw...more powerful, faster travel, but clip size reduced from 4 to 1 and/or longer reload time

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=66428

2.  BAR M1918:  decent range, fairly powerful, but limited rate of fire and small clip size (20 rounds)
or
Thompson Submachinegun aka "Tommy Gun" "Chicago Typewriter":  similar to sniper's smg, but has a drum magazine so it holds more rounds (maybe 50)

3.  MRE:  similar to sandvich
or
frying pan filled with hot grease or pot filled with boiling water:  on first hit causes something like either fire damage or jarate for a limited time, then does less damage than the shovel after first hit
or
hand grenades (one in each hand):  used somewhat like heavy's fists.  can have a taunt where he pulls the pin on one grenade, juggles them, then tosses one, leading either a possible taunt kill or self damage,  only has 3 grenades to do this with
Spevf
TE Members
Forum Enthusiast

: 185

MSN Messenger - Spevf@hotmail.com Yahoo Instant Messenger - Spevf
« #12 : October 23, 2009, 03:52:02 PM »

I just want to see a pyro video.

Giant Flying Head
TE Senior Member
Godlike

Giant Donkey

« #13 : October 23, 2009, 06:16:27 PM »

I just want to see a pyro video.
:iamwithstupid:

Juggernuke
Forum Member

« #14 : October 23, 2009, 11:45:58 PM »

just had a great idea for soldier napalm gernades ya that would be sick catch everyone on fire that is hit with the splash damage of course they only take the fire damage to not make it OP

: [1]  
« previous next »
: