Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 12:08:54 PM

:    
Want to join us in Vent? Ask an admin for info while in game or PM them here on the forums!
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Server Forum
| |-+  Team Fortress 2 Pub (72.5.152.147) (Moderators: SConforti, Smurfette)
| | |-+  Class limits?
« previous next »
: Should we add class limits to the server?
Yes
No
Don't care

: 1 [2]
: Class limits?  ( 1414 )
Mach
Inactive
Forum Member

: 51

« #15 : June 22, 2009, 11:42:00 AM »

Does anyone use the votescramble?  I've never been online when there was a scramble.  It seems like it would only ever be useful if the same map was played more than once in a row...maybe it's used on CTF maps?  I wouldn't want to be scrambled during a CP or PL map - even if I was getting rolled.

Is there a way to implement a rotation where the same map is played 2 times in a row, and the teams are auto-scrambled after the first time through?  Since I always join as Red:  defend, then attack, scramble, then attack/defend, then defend/attack?

I know someone else has posted a request to be able to play the same map 2 times in a row before.

I've only been in one game where the votescramble was used.  It was a real wtf moment as I had no idea what had just happened. :-D  Either way it worked out.  There were still people on the other team complaining b/c they had been on the losing side and they ended up on the losing side again even after the scramble but it was nice to have it mixed up like that in the middle of the match.

Delta Moose
Noob

: 2

« #16 : June 22, 2009, 03:29:33 PM »

hey im new, but he is right i think there should be class limits on spies and snipers, and maybe sometimes engineers....so the teams could be a little more balanced
Luggage
TE Members
Forum All-Star

: 397

Just a normal homicidal piece of sapient pearwood

« #17 : June 22, 2009, 04:53:13 PM »

Is there a way to implement a rotation where the same map is played 2 times in a row, and the teams are auto-scrambled after the first time through?  Since I always join as Red:  defend, then attack, scramble, then attack/defend, then defend/attack?

I know someone else has posted a request to be able to play the same map 2 times in a row before.

It is easy to implement the 2 times in a row suggestion - i think it is a good idea.  thoughts from others?
wrt scramble after 1 full go-around, no idea if easy/hard to do.  however, i don't like the idea since some teams need time to work together and find a rhythm and also sometimes you lose a match but want the 2nd go around to do better so votescramble would defeat the purpose of 2nd go around in these cases.

Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #18 : June 23, 2009, 09:40:31 AM »

Looks like no limits has won out, let the teams balance themselves.

: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: