Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2024, 12:14:27 PM

:    
Interested in joining The Elders?  Post all your information in our forums http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Server Forum
| |-+  Team Fortress 2 Pub (72.5.152.147) (Moderators: SConforti, Smurfette)
| | |-+  Bannings
« previous next »
: [1]
: Bannings  ( 570 )
_Ashes2Ashes_
Noob

: 10

« : May 30, 2008, 08:22:45 AM »

Hey guys, I didn't know where to post this so I just decided to do it here.

First off I've got to say that I love playing on your server and you are all pretty cool. The only thing that somtimes worries me is about the frequency of the bans that you guys give out; sometimes it seems like you ban anyone who is considerably better than the average for a given class. So, I guess my question is what is proper banning protocol? I understand that you usually make recordings before you ban; but where do those records go? How long do bans last? Thanks for the info.

WidowMaker
Supreme Master
Administrator
Godlike

: 1622

AOL Instant Messenger - craygo69
« #1 : May 30, 2008, 09:09:44 AM »

Don't know what you mean about the frequency of bans, but there are not a lot of bans going on that I can see.

As far as protocol goes we have a few rules in place.

1. people suspected of hacking will get a ban. Bans for the most part are not permanent usually for 24 hours the most, till a demo or the person can state their case here in the forums.
2. Treat an admin badly you will get a kick or 2 first, continue you will get a ban. We pay for the server not you, last thing owners and members need is some fucking asshole giving us shit with the limited time we have to play.

We also have 4 founders. Of those I am really the only one who plays Team fortress. I have a very high tolerance when it comes to people and game play, If I ban you, you either pissed me off or I suspect you of hacking. I know I am not the best at this game and my stats prove it. I have banned 2 people the whole time I have been playing and both were temp bans. Founders and Owners are also the only ones who can give a permanent ban.

As far as your statement of us banning people who are better, I think you are wrong. Before we ban anyone we have 3,4 sometimes 5 different people come into the server and spec someone for a bit of time before we even do anything. Video, smurf, crazy and the others are far more lenient than I am and i have only banned 2 people.

Also if this is in reference to Tarsier's ban then you should just state your opinion in the thread that he started instead of here.

Any demo's that we take are uploaded to one of our servers or here. but they are usually in our private section. Beside a demo taken by someone specing another is always inconclusive unless the person is blatant about it, and the only thing you will be able to see is if the person is using an aimbot. Demo's will not show wallhacks or esp or anything else because the hackers computer is generating the hacked video.

Widow

_Ashes2Ashes_
Noob

: 10

« #2 : May 30, 2008, 12:51:13 PM »

Tarsier's ban kind of pushed me over the edge, but it wasn't just him in particular. Thanks for the info. I fully support #2; its your guys server and you're more than welcome to do what you want with it. You shouldn't have to take any grief in your own digital home. Regardless, this info is good to know.

-Ashes

: [1]  
« previous next »
: