Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 10:07:19 PM

:    
Interested in joining The Elders?  Post all your information in our forums http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Talk Back
| | |-+  Do you believe in god?
« previous next »
: well do you?
yes - 12 (66.7%)
no - 6 (33.3%)
: 8

: 1 2 [3]
: Do you believe in god?  ( 2466 )
Mathius007

« #30 : December 03, 2005, 09:22:56 AM »

So yhen, you think that we everyone just lives, grows old, then dies?

If that is the case, why live at all? Whata is the point in living if there is no gaol at the end? Why run a race if there can be no victory or defeat.

Heaven/Hell isn't just rooted in religion. It's an idea. It give the individual something to either strive for, or live for. Without an ending place, what is there? There is not one person who can possibly imagine nothing. Try to think of nothing, and randopm things just pop into your head. Why? Because, the human mind, however intricate, is limited.

So, what it really comes down to is life itself.

If you want to live your life, thinking that there are no consequences besides the long run and immediate, that when we die the flame goes out and there is nothing left, and that all of this, everything ever made wasn't planned but just some whimsical coincidence, then go ahead. It's perfectly fine.

But at the end of the day, I can know that whatever I do, I can do it to the fullest. Because I live for something, and I will die for something, and I no that it won't all be in vain.
Privateer

« #31 : December 03, 2005, 01:31:30 PM »

You said it right there, heaven/hell is just an idea... something to strive for.  And there is an ending place, its called death.  You live for what is out there right now.  You run the race to accomplish historian status after you die... do something productive with your life and thats all you need, internal moral victory.

People who don't think positively like this go out, pretend guys like allah will bring them to the promise land when there in it.  Religion just shows that no one is ever happy with what they got right in their face...

Don't respond to this mathius.. you have your views and I have mine and I'm done writing these f'ing novels
Mathius007

« #32 : December 03, 2005, 04:24:50 PM »

Lol.

I know dude, everyone has their own opinions. This isn't an argument thread, it's an opinion thread.

I wasn't going to say anything derogatory.
Pistol_Pete

« #33 : December 03, 2005, 05:04:41 PM »

How come diseases evolve so quickly and we don't?

thats because bacteria and viruses have a much shorter lifespan then us, for one generation of a bacteria to be born and die, it can be measured in seconds, thats why they are able to change so "quickly"
Paladin_Godfather
Inactive
Godlike

: 1565

Life's short.... Stunt it

AOL Instant Messenger - darkarmy258
« #34 : December 04, 2005, 09:04:50 PM »

Sure over time date is collected, it's analyzed and put into charts and graphs, but it's just data until someone put a name and a value to it. We get a bunch of self proclaimed, publicly recognized "scientist" that study a thing called Science (that at some point in time never actually existed) to agree on something and give it a name and that's what its called. Why's a rock called a rock, why is oxygen called oxygen and not nitrogen? Because at some point in time someone decided that is should be called oxygen and that's what it's. If enough people agree on anyting it's true enough. So here we are today, forced to draw conclusion on what someone else deemed was correct. So when you think about it, Science is that dissimilar to Religion at all. It's just in Christianity at least, we're at the mercy of the memories of people that told and wrote stories about events deemed true at the time and interpreted accordingly. So until "Scientists" prove the universe started with a bang and show me the catalyst the initiated the explosion, belief is all we have... for or against, religion or Science.

Flint.... are you ever wrong?? lol... this man has this topic on lock down....

and Priv, im very disappointed that you dont believe... but its cool, when we die and im stuck in purgatory of my various sins and other deeds of which id rather not speak of... we can pwn all those damn holier than thou Heavenites in a game of CS!

Can you dig it, SUCKA?!

Never! Damn the broccoli, Damn you, and Damn the Wright brothers!!
doughty

« #35 : December 10, 2005, 09:39:09 AM »

its like that song, do you believe in magic?
: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
: