Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 12, 2024, 08:49:12 AM

:    
Interested in joining The Elders?  Post all your information in our forums http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Talk Back
| | |-+  Do you believe in god?
« previous next »
: well do you?
yes - 12 (66.7%)
no - 6 (33.3%)
: 8

: [1] 2 3
: Do you believe in god?  ( 2465 )
Belgian rofls
Forum Slut

: 798

action

AOL Instant Messenger - Mario+Kartley
« : December 01, 2005, 12:01:55 AM »

If you said yes, please explain why.

This ought to be good...

'_'

I hope all the ugly girls like us, because all the pretty ones just ran away.
Mathius007

« #1 : December 01, 2005, 12:04:34 AM »

Yes.

Science cannot possible explain how everything on this earth is made to exact detail, exactly perfect. For example, just a little closer to the sun, we would bure. A little farther, we would freeze. There is no plausible proof for evolution also, as it is all either fabricated, exxagerated, or outdated, outproved, yet still used.

There are too many unexplainable things, miracles if you would like, that can also not be explained.

and so on and so on but, that's just my opinion.
Belgian rofls
Forum Slut

: 798

action

AOL Instant Messenger - Mario+Kartley
« #2 : December 01, 2005, 12:06:29 AM »

...So you'd rather believe that a magical guy just made it all?

Yea that makes a lot more sense.

'_'

I hope all the ugly girls like us, because all the pretty ones just ran away.
Mathius007

« #3 : December 01, 2005, 12:08:39 AM »

Magical guy, no.

A greater being with power that we cannot even begin to comprehend?

Yes.

Look at it this way.

I can:

a. Say there is no God, thereby looking forward to nothing, and when I die, from "their" christian point of view, I go to hell. I have nothing to gain, yet everything to lose.

b. Believe in God. I have something to hope for, heaven, and therefore lose nothing, and gain everything.
son

« #4 : December 01, 2005, 11:00:57 AM »

Your retarded mathius, science (especially the big bang theory) supports the big bang theory.  It took God 7 days, in science terms there was a explostion... I could go on.
hammertime
OBSESSED

: 981

who does that? seriously

« #5 : December 01, 2005, 11:11:35 AM »

no.

when i die, im dead. no heaven, no hell, no soul, no nothing. i am perfectly content with this.

besides, even if did believe in god i'd be going to hell anyway...with an express ticket

Cole

« #6 : December 01, 2005, 11:24:20 AM »

Yes.

However what I believe is unconventional and likely to be what you believe but don't even realize.  When it comes down to it, I am really more like a Gnostic.  I believe that purity comes from knoweldge.  I believe in the soul - something is there that allows intution and knowledge of things illogical.  It is hard to explain, but felt.  I believe in God, of which you and I are a part of.  One in the same.  I believe that the Bible and most of Christianity has twisted the message of Jesus to their own selfish accord - to control and rule the masses.  The more you know, the better a person, the more content, the closer to self you shall become. 

There is no hell, for the concept of hell is illogical and manmade (a control by fear invention).  Hell is not knowing.  Not knowing love.  Not knowing God.  For me, God is a concept of purity.  All loving.  All good.  God, a concept, cannot experience the human condition.  We can.  It can through us.  You make your own decision. 

How's that work for ya' Belgian?
Death_ADDER
TE Members
Godlike

: 4390

I know The Elders Rules me!

« #7 : December 01, 2005, 12:58:30 PM »

there is no fucking greater being... sorry to tell you... but this really proves that you are retarded.

Steve
Privateer

« #8 : December 01, 2005, 01:29:26 PM »

It's something someone with actual intelligence thought of way back in the day to give hope and meaning to people who seek it.

it is just a nurturing tool so it doesn't bother me, but I just don't believe in it.  There done!
Mathius007

« #9 : December 01, 2005, 01:43:39 PM »

Well, I can' sit here and tell you why I belives in God, because frankly its just there.

To me, I can feel it.

The Big bang has nothing to do with it. Of course they can go hand in hand.

But I have doine things, and seen things, and felt things that I couldn't explain otherwise. We can't live out an existence just to die...and then nothing.

It inconcivable. You can't possibly begin to imagind true nothingness. Why would we live, just to end up nowhere? What's the point? There has to be a point to life, and mine is that I will end up in a better place, which makes it that much better for me.

Because I beleive this, I can fully enjoy everything I do.

Death_ADDER
TE Members
Godlike

: 4390

I know The Elders Rules me!

« #10 : December 01, 2005, 01:45:21 PM »

:iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid:
Cole

« #11 : December 01, 2005, 02:24:37 PM »

you is a concept that is only valid on earth.  there is no you when you are dead...
flintlock

« #12 : December 01, 2005, 03:28:22 PM »

The Big Bang is a theory and just like god, alla or whatever you want to call him (because we know no one that cool could be a woman) it isn't proven and may never be proven, but I believe in him and I'm living my life and raising my kids accordingly. I don't need to explain it. Besides I think I did in another thread not too long ago. Go find it.
moondog
Forum Freak

: 299

Have A Day!

« #13 : December 01, 2005, 03:31:10 PM »

yes i believe in god and heaven and hell i dont believe in the big bang theory i dont think some explosion in space can create an earth and living things the human body alone can prove that we have a creator, greater being whatever you want to call him but yes i do believe in god.

alot of people choose not to believe in god because of their pride they dont want someone in charge of their life they dont want rules to follow others just dont care.

and about there is no you when you die i believe we have a body soul and spirit, you can embrace your spirit or not otherwise you still have a body and soul your body is just like a place where your soul is stayin like a hotel kinda (bad example) your body is not who you are its your soul when you die your soul leaves your bodyl either goin to heaven or hell. therefore if you have the spirit heaven no spirit=hell

thats my beliefs
« : December 01, 2005, 03:35:45 PM moondog »

hey adder! sell any snakes?
Privateer

« #14 : December 01, 2005, 03:47:14 PM »

thank you flint and moon, you have furthered my point not that it is a bad thing at all
: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
: