Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 20, 2024, 09:21:48 PM

:    
Want to join us in Vent? Ask an admin for info while in game or PM them here on the forums!
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Pc Help/Tweak Page (Moderator: snyper133)
| | |-+  Custom PC
« previous next »
: 1 [2]
: Custom PC  ( 1916 )
MR|337
Inactive
Godlike

: 1261

« #15 : May 30, 2008, 07:42:59 PM »

No reason to slam shit because you cant afford it. Get a job....

MDK22
No Job, No Money, No Car
TE Senior Member
Forum Pro

: 499

AOL Instant Messenger - Uberarchangel
« #16 : May 30, 2008, 09:03:59 PM »

wth are you talking about. I go for quality / price balance if you were talking to me. I also even stated i wasnt't slammin stuff and that it was merely so people look for these things also. Just because it costs more doesn't mean its better. Also i believe in best bang for the buck so i might be a little more frugle but the last time i checked it wasn't a bad thing. Also I would say take a look at all the review sites out there compare the parts and what you are getting out of the system. As for the huge hd you guys are putting in even at vista being 20 gigs most games dont exceed 8-12gigs. Raid is a nice thing i dont disagree but the performance hit you take from not including a sound card will be greater.

Luggage
TE Members
Forum All-Star

: 397

Just a normal homicidal piece of sapient pearwood

« #17 : June 02, 2008, 08:19:12 AM »

I like wonder's system.  Only word of caution is that Crucial Ballistix has been having a lot of quality issues lately.  Just check out reviews on newegg, particularly on the DDR2 800 sticks (assuming these issues carry over to the 1066 sticks as well).  These sticks OC like champs (1066 easy) but I personally got 3 bad sets in a row and looking at other reviews & google searches found that I am not the only one.  Apparently (from what folks say; beyond my limited understanding), company made a design change (2 sided to 1 sided) which may have led to quality degradation.

Luggage
TE Members
Forum All-Star

: 397

Just a normal homicidal piece of sapient pearwood

« #18 : June 18, 2008, 01:08:03 PM »

Out of curiosity, which system did you end up going with RaGe?

RaGe
TE Senior Member
Forum Pro

: 476

« #19 : July 23, 2008, 08:18:59 PM »

Got a guy at work that is looking to buy a retail pc, but i told him i would look into building one. Figured i would check this thread cause I forgot about it. My step dad ended up falling off the wagon again and is all fuxed up on god knows what. He just wrecked my moms 3 week old 08 civic. Not going to be building a rig for him cause hes gonna be spending a little time in jail.  As for the guy at work, i'm not sure if i wanna build one for him or just tell him to buy from bestbuy or something.
: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
: