Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 13, 2024, 11:14:37 PM

:    
Want to join us in Vent? Ask an admin for info while in game or PM them here on the forums!
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Public Forum
| |-+  Website Feedback
| | |-+  Slow response from site
« previous next »
: [1] 2
: Slow response from site  ( 2260 )
RaGe
TE Senior Member
Forum Pro

: 476

« : July 24, 2007, 08:44:46 PM »

Just wondering if anyone else notices or has any problems with theelders.net from time to time. idk i probably get on my pc like a dozen times in a day and just check out some web pages and always come here to see whats new. Sometimes its ridiculously slow loading. Sometimes like right now its really fast. I guess I could run a tracert when its slow and maybe find out where my problem is but I am just wondering if its just me or a more global issue.
MR|337
Inactive
Godlike

: 1261

« #1 : July 24, 2007, 09:07:18 PM »

Happens here too...

Thanks for stealing my sig idea Rage. Gotta give props though, thats some serious fucking speed! :headbang1:

LaxMan
OBSESSED

: 838

« #2 : July 25, 2007, 12:50:21 AM »

this has become by far the slowest site i visit. I've notived it seemed to get worse over the past month.

wonder.
Shmotz's Biotch
Godlike

: 4349

Baller

MSN Messenger - JMess_22@hotmail.com
« #3 : July 25, 2007, 06:12:58 AM »

I agree with lax.  It has taken far to long to load a page, but at the exact same time i can go to another site with no problem, so i don't think is my internet.  so whats going on?

0G ~ \/\/0ND3RBRE@D

<TE|EasyJ> Death u left ur anal beads on the floor in my bathroom
WidowMaker
Supreme Master
Administrator
Godlike

: 1622

AOL Instant Messenger - craygo69
« #4 : July 25, 2007, 07:06:41 AM »

Yes I know how slow the site is. I could not figure it out for the longest time but nemesis and I think we got it. We have a firewall up in front of the servers for reasons I am sure everyone will agree with. It is a firewall that we think was not really meant to be in front of web servers or mail servers and anything else the serves thing out publicly. I have run trace routes and ping test, and found that all the test were fine until they hit that firewall. So we are in the process of finding a new firewall to use. We would like to use a hardware firewall but if it is too expensive we may go with a software one.

So bare with us a little longer, we will get it fixed as soon as possible.

Widow

LaxMan
OBSESSED

« #5 : July 25, 2007, 10:37:16 AM »

excellllllennnnt

RaGe
TE Senior Member
Forum Pro

: 476

« #6 : July 25, 2007, 05:05:47 PM »

Thats good to hear widow! can't wait till its running good!       :blob:

Thanks for stealing my sig idea Rage. Gotta give props though, thats some serious fucking speed! :headbang1:

lol i clicked on ur sig and it took me to the website so ran the test and figured I would put it in there as well. I like that site for bandwidth testing, its pretty good.
LaxMan
OBSESSED

« #7 : July 26, 2007, 01:24:36 AM »

i jacked ya'lls sig....and i beat ya'll lol...too bad i still hate my ISP(comcast) here in VA, so im about to switch over to Verizon FIOS
« : July 26, 2007, 01:32:10 AM LaxMan »

badbrains
Noob

: 15

I know The Elders Rules me!

« #8 : August 23, 2007, 03:11:26 PM »

i jacked ya'lls sig....and i beat ya'll lol...too bad i still hate my ISP(comcast) here in VA, so im about to switch over to Verizon FIOS

Verizon FIOS is the greatest thing ever. Unfortunately I live in an old apartment building in Baltimore city but my parents got it and whenever I go back to their house I try and download as many torrents as possible. After I graduate, I'm moving some place that has FIOS for sure.
TE | Hypo
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 266

Your Moms <3 me

Yahoo Instant Messenger - Hypocrisy71
« #9 : August 31, 2007, 07:05:18 AM »

Hey Laxman what part of VA?

Widow... what kind of firewall are you currently using and how much bandwidth is going through it?  ie can you set traffic quality of service levels?  We are a reseller/partner with Fortinet and we deal with bandwidth issues a lot with our customers since we provide remote access/vpn/telework solutions for companies and DOD.

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, thank one for it.
LaxMan
OBSESSED

« #10 : August 31, 2007, 10:36:50 AM »

Arlington, but dont get the wrong idea based on my sig, comcast is by far one of the worst providers. Works great WHEN it works, but rarely works. Fios is the way to go if you have got the option

TE | Hypo
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 266

Your Moms <3 me

Yahoo Instant Messenger - Hypocrisy71
« #11 : August 31, 2007, 12:58:13 PM »

wish I did.  I'm in Reston and actually got Comcast installed right next to my DSL line and compared them side by side.  Comcast beat the shit out of DSL... but I'm quite a ways from the CO... and FIOS is not an option yet... prolly by the spring.

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, thank one for it.
Tucker
Noob

: 1

« #12 : August 31, 2007, 03:51:13 PM »

haha I live in Reston...well when im not at school at least.  I have comcast there and it's been ok.  Better than what I have to deal with now..my school has blocked downloading, streaming, AIM, and online games.  It's great..
MR|337
Inactive
Godlike

: 1261

« #13 : September 25, 2007, 03:49:10 PM »

Widow, can you do some maintenance? The site loads like old people fuck.  :-D Seriously, it takes a good 45+ seconds to load the homepage and a good minute to make or reply to a post.

Thanks!

Elite_Prophet
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1724

HIs Judgement Cometh...and That Right Soon

AOL Instant Messenger - DarkMiNapoli
« #14 : September 25, 2007, 03:58:20 PM »

The website loads really quick for me, but sometimes it doesnt load at all, it will just go to like the default home page for my cable modem when i type it in the web adress bar

So Let It Be Written, So let it be Done

: [1] 2  
« previous next »
: