Playing Source Since the Beginning of Time
Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 14, 2024, 11:10:47 PM

:    
Interested in joining The Elders?  Post all your information in our forums http://theelders.net/forum/index.php?action=forum
74681 6615 681
: kevinson55
+  The Elders' House of Pain
|-+  Server Forum
| |-+  Team Fortress 2 Pub (72.5.152.147) (Moderators: SConforti, Smurfette)
| | |-+  Spawn camping, legal?
« previous next »
: 1 2 [3] 4
: Spawn camping, legal?  ( 4578 )
Smurfette
Forum Slut

: 691

Watch out! I'm armed!

« #30 : September 09, 2010, 05:37:43 PM »

I dont give a FUCK who you are - member or non member!  I dont give a fuck if this is in the private or public section!!  If you spawn camp me - I WILL slay you!  I refuse to let anyone get away with it.  It is pure bullshit move and common courtious play should tell you that you don't want it to happen to you, so be fucking respectful to the other team and DON'T DO IT!!  Have some respect for your teammates and opposite players!

Thalan
"THE TICK"
Inactive
Forum Freak

: 257

WIDOW pwns me in GUN GAME!!!

« #31 : September 09, 2010, 06:42:47 PM »

OK blah blah blah... its plain and simple some people don't like it some don't care I'm in-between play spy alot

simple fact some of the highest scoreing players are spys right now

i can see running thru and killing some people teles simple fact most spys can stay at spawn entire rounds killing people i know i have not rly all that hard on some of these maps

now i don't care all that often like its been said usually you can get a couple people to stop spawn camping

simple fact though were all grown ups all smart well hopefully most of us are if its pissing people off or your asked to stop well then STOP

I've seen people leave because of it goes to far... were a community server were not a hard core pro server plain and simple guys sure hard core its perfectly fine but thats not our server guys

wana sit at spawn for a little as a spy grab a couple people maybe take the tele to kill engie fine i do that but even i find it a little to much to stay entire rounds killing teams off because its rly not that hard
dogfish
Noob

: 4

« #32 : September 10, 2010, 01:33:43 PM »

Just to chime in cause I'm bored an figure might as well...

The only thing that bothers me is people who can't tell the difference between spawn camping and engaging enemies at spawn.
For the most part you guys get it right and smurfette who is the spawncamp czar i don't think you have ever gotten it wrong when I have been playing (at least by my own internal definition which granted everyone's is different).

Examples:  If someone comes out of spawn while you are destroying teleporters, engaging them is NOT spawncamping.
Koth_sawmill if a sniper is standing IN THE DOORWAY sniping the point thru the side entrance, you need to engage everyone exiting spawn because otherwise that sniper can impact the capturing of the point without any danger.  Same thing on koth_nucleus (but I think there is not really any debate about how flawed that map is in terms of encouraging spawncamping).

If someone is engaging you or influencing the "point/cart/etc" from the vicinity of spawn they are fair game.
If there is an engie upgrading teles or building his gun up to carry to the front lines after its fully upgraded he is fair game.

A Demo/Medic combo putting down crit stickies at the grate is not cool.

Another thing that is a grey area is the area considered spawn is not defined the same by everybody.  Example:  Gravelpit your spawn is the building with the supply cabinet, NOT the whole courtyard area, people i think should be allowed to engage in the tunnels.
Giant Flying Head
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1199

Giant Donkey

MSN Messenger - ryoga81@hotmail.com
« #33 : September 10, 2010, 03:04:48 PM »

When I'm out for tele kill run, I'll always icnore anyone comming out of spawn till the tele's are down. The tele's are more important anyways. After that I'll try and make a get away, while tring to defend my ass. Just what I do. I can see when I'm playing pyro how that might look like spawn camping, since I'll be flamming the tele's.  :dontknow:

"Feel the wrath of my giant head" - Elmer Fud
Hitman Smurf
TF2 Guru
Inactive
Godlike

: 3918

You can get past a dog...nobody fucks with a lion.

« #34 : September 10, 2010, 04:34:32 PM »

Rally Pig
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 213

AOL Instant Messenger - Evel+knievel31
« #35 : September 11, 2010, 05:54:32 PM »

I thought we went through this MONTHS AGO!!! i thought the ruling was PASSING through with uber to take out buildings near spawn and any sucker still there is game, once uber is done SEE YA GET THE HELL OUT!

someone running up to spawn and chilling there/ continuously shooting stickies or what not into spawn was a no no including spies just chilling there

and you cant automatically slay cause i believe we also stated that FIRST its a warning SECOND is a slay THIRD is a kick...i dont understand what we are missing here cause if we just start getting slay and kick happy who the hell is going to play in our servers?

i dont give a shit if we enforce or not but ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL Admins need to be on the same page, we cannot have 1 get pissed and get kick happy, while the others are warning first

and to be honest ive been on late at night and had players surprised cause the admins on at the time arent kick/ slay happy and bitching about stupid shit and are layed back.....

THIS SHIT IS GETTING OLD SERIOUSLY...are we already forgetting how bad our server was not too far back and how hard it was to rebuild!?!? guess whats gunna happen if we cant all agree on shit....

WE ALL NEED TO CALM THE EFFF DOWN ITS AN EFFING GAME LETS WORRY MORE ABOUT A FUN PLAYING ENVIRONMENT, ITS A PUB SERVER NOT A FLIPPIN CEVO SERVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angelfire: *Steps off of soap box* NEXT!

wow my upload sucks

Giant Flying Head
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1199

Giant Donkey

MSN Messenger - ryoga81@hotmail.com
« #36 : September 11, 2010, 07:29:46 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA *pisses self*

"Feel the wrath of my giant head" - Elmer Fud
Gumby
Noob

: 14

« #37 : September 11, 2010, 07:57:36 PM »

i dont give a shit if we enforce or not but ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL Admins need to be on the same page, we cannot have 1 get pissed and get kick happy, while the others are warning first
:notworthy:
This is what I'm looking for, just some sort of consensus.  When I asked openly to the admins on the server if Spy's were allowed to (because a spy was doing it to me every once in a while), Smurfette said they were, LTK and someone else said they weren't.

I don't think Spawn Camping can be completely defined.  Expecting someone to clearly define a length away from the door, a definite number of turns, that's just childish.  We're supposed to be adults, so I say we act like it.  You can tell where the team's spawn is on a map, and if you can't, use a little common sense and look where no one else is going.

In the spirit of making peace, I would like to make a wholehearted apology to Smurfette.  When I said that I would wait for you and stab out right as you got out of spawn, I meant that as a joke.  As a smartass, cynical asshole like me should know, sarcasm doesn't translate well in text.

So again I'll say this question, and I hope this time we can stick to the single topic, not take it out of context, not blow it out of proportion, and act like calm, considering adults.  If someone wants to make their own topic about something similar but not exactly what I'm asking, then do it, but do it there, and leave this for a discussion, not an argument.

Are spy's exempt from the No Spawn Camping rule?

Just your opinion, and supporting facts.  If you don't have anything to add beyond just trying to piss someone off, then please don't reply.  I'm trusting that you guys should be able to think before you speak.

Smurfette
Forum Slut

: 691

Watch out! I'm armed!

« #38 : September 11, 2010, 10:18:03 PM »

I said they were cause we completely nixed the rules all together (which I personally think was bs, but w/e) and said it was ok for spys to stand at spawn.  Idk wtf the rules are now.  We have had this argument so many times it's insane!!!!  I just know how I feel and what I will do if I catch it happening.  You don't like it, sry bout your luck.  Go play elsewhere.  :thebirdman: Just my opinion!

crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

: 1570

It's not "CrazyDog" or "Crazy Dog", idiots.

AOL Instant Messenger - Crazydog445
« #39 : September 12, 2010, 12:36:44 AM »

Has anyone put any thought into the spawn protection plugin?

6 seconds of spawn protection or 5 feet of protection from the point they spawn (whichever comes sooner) seems like it would be perfect.

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=65094

Frag_68
Forum Member

: 99

« #40 : September 12, 2010, 10:10:48 AM »

Sorry to be a bit off topic again, but a lot of us are new and weren't involved in any previous discussions.  As such, we want to make sure we're in compliance with the clan's concept of what spawn camping is instead of having to cater to every admin's feelings.  Even knowing the rules full well, I've been warned about spawn campiing when I'm going after teleporters and even kicked once for doing something other admins had also done. 

So, yeah, the plugin was posted earlier.  If you could do it as "whatever comes first"... wouldn't that help solve the issue???  Or then do we fall into what Gumby said and start arguing time and distance?  :)  The community needs consistency and I think this might help provide that.

Finally, I don't think this is something we should be blowing a gasket over because the funny thing is that not one of us would spawn camp.

Rally Pig
TE Members
Forum Freak

: 213

AOL Instant Messenger - Evel+knievel31
« #41 : September 12, 2010, 11:25:13 AM »

The plug in may work....but what at 10' or still within sight dist? some setup areas by spawn are kinda large cause im sure people who play a lot may pick up on the 6 sec thing and just run in and out of that "spawn box"...don't get me wrong spawn camping pisses me off too nothing is more aggravating than having to wait the full spawn time, go running out the door and get back stabbed right away, i know there was a thread posted MONTHS ago on what we somewhat agreed on about spawn camping i cont remember where it is/ went....

wow my upload sucks

crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

« #42 : September 12, 2010, 01:48:30 PM »

You're slightly misunderstanding how it works.

Say we have the time set to 6 seconds, and the distance set to 10 feet. After 6 seconds, they lose the spawn protection, and don't regain it until they die and respawn. Similarly, If they move 10 feet from the spawn location, they lose their spawn protection until they respawn. It's not some kind of invinciblity sphere. Once they break a limited (time or diatance), they are vunerable until dead.

We can also set different settings for individual maps.

Whichever restriction is broken first breaks the spawn protection.
« : September 12, 2010, 01:56:03 PM crazydog »

Luggage
TE Members
Forum All-Star

: 397

Just a normal homicidal piece of sapient pearwood

« #43 : September 13, 2010, 08:12:10 AM »

I like.  I presume we setup different settings for each individual map?

crazydog
TE Senior Member
Godlike

« #44 : September 13, 2010, 10:36:18 AM »

I like.  I presume we setup different settings for each individual map?

You presume correctly.

: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
: